Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Hotel and apartments noise levels staff behaviour and attitude.  (Read 11254 times)

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I stayed in this hotel from the 8th-15th July 2012.

On arrival I was greeted with "have you got a man you will find one in Kalkan" Many of the male staff were over familiar especially in calling people darling and getting too close when asking if you "would like a drink". There was also a presumption that guests like to be hugged and touched even when it was obvious this attention was unwarranted. The entertainments manager behaved like this and there was a particularly embarrassing incident when he dragged a women up to take part in audience participation belly dancing. She was motified and he refused to listen to her protestations giving her husband the thumbs up! The family left as soon as possible after this the women nearly in tears.
Noise levels. On the Tuesday and Thursday nights the music level was excessively loud, Adelle etc and was not turned down till midnight. The guests at the hotel did not appear bothered at the effect this might have on others especially as the Samira is on the edge of the residential area. In the morning at 10 am they play "Cock a Doodle Do and Good Morning" in the manner of Hi de Hi and againg very loudly. I feel very sorry for residents and holiday makers in adjacent properties. I met one family staying in an apartment nearby they said they had stayed in the apartment previously but would not stay there again. I am not scaremongering but I would suggest that prospective holiday makers check if their accomodation is near to this hotel and would also suggest that apartment and villa owners advise prospective clients of this problem.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9839.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
I get confused with the Samira hotels. Is this the deluxe you are talking about or another one? I only ask as we are staying within 5 mins walk (apparently) of the deluxe hotel next week and I seriously do not want to hear "cock a doodle do" at 10am, while I'm - in the words of itstime - "bulding up a relationship" with my new water hammock.
Sounds like you had a bad experience there Tonik, how disappointing for you. I bet the poor woman who was dragged up for the floorshow won't be back there in a hurry either.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
I'm pretty sure the Samira hotel and apartments is the one just off the roundabout Lizilu. Hopefully won't crawl up the hill to bite you having a well earned rest on the water hammock when you least expect it.  Sounds absolutely ghastly.  I just hope it doesn't waft down past the Moonlight Bar end,  otherwise there could be a very serious complaint from our quarter.  Isn't the hotel franchised by one of the mainstream tourist operators? - maybe Thomson I think (I will check Bob!!).  >:( :o :o ::) ::) :'(

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
I would guess that tonic1945 is talking about the Samira Hotel and apartments very close by the taxi rank in the village.  First place I stayed at in Kalkan many years ago and a wonderful location.  Fond memories of two holidays in both the apartments and the hotel.  I have just been reading on trip advisor that this year they appointed an "Animations Manager".  It appears he organises lots of activities for guests, such as aqua aerobics, water polo, etc etc.

Clearly lots of people will enjoy this kind of participation on holiday and I certainly wish the hotel well.   Personally I like to relax quietly on holiday and would run a mile if asked to participate in games in the pool, belly dancing etc.  It sounds as if the hotel is trying to encourage people to stay around the hotel and pool more but I suspect it may put off quite a few people.

At the end of the day we all enjoy different things on holiday.   It will be interesting if there are other forum members out there who have stayed at the Samira this year and how they found the experience.   By the sound of it the place would certainly not now suit me but I expect there are others who will think it is now a fun place to be.   I hope guests will be giving feed back to the hotel so they can decide if the activities are encouraging or discouraging guests.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Hi TL I bow to your greater knowledge but I thought that was the Samira Gardens near the taxi rank!!!! SXX  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
I hope I can clarify which Samira location is which.  The Samira is just up the small hill from the Kalamar Road roundabout, away from Kalamar direction.  I know that Thomas Cook used to have a rep there but not sure now.  Samira Gardens is also central, just down the hill from Chillies on the right, immediately before the almost vertical new road that joins Cardiac Hill.  Finally, the Samira Deluxe hotel and apartments are further up beyond the D400 in Kiziltaş, almost level with the Kaş end of the bus station.   Clear?

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
I agree with Enişte

The Samira Gardens is the one between the Taxi rank and Chillies (basically across the car park behind the taxi rank)
The Samira Hotel and Apartments are further up from the Taxi rank, towards the market, behind the YapiKredi bank
The Samira Delux is the other side on the D400.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
I know the Samira itself has had regular Turkish nights (what a novel idea, in Turkey) and I believe they also have a stake in Köşk restaurant in the very centre of the old town but can't remember which of the three was involved.

I must admit that this kind of enforced jollity would immediately have me heading for the door (exit)!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Loud and clear  ;) Thank you guys  :-* Each to their own of course, some people love hotel entertainment, and it sounds as though the new animations manager is very enthusiastic.
Must admit, I do love a bit of fun and a good laugh but I am more than content during the day with my head buried in a good book, a glass of wine by my side and the mellow strains of "AC/DC" (if OH gets his hands on the IPOD first, that is!!!) blaring from the dock.
 :o ;D 8) 3 days to go to paradise!!!  :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Have heard quite a bit of noise coming from the Samira over the last 2 weeks but thankfully really only when walking by. We were handed a leaflet from someone standing outside which detailed the "activities" on offer. They ranged from the dreaded Saturday night Bingo to fire eaters, darts, Karaoke and other organised stuff. Definitely not my cup of tea and would avoid it like the plague but so long as it doesn't spill over to the rest of the town then I suppose it's a case of "live and let live"
Was more concerned about the opening night of Chocolate last night which advertised the dreaded "dancing girls" and foam party. Music was fair booming out well after midnight when we walked by

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
I hope this sort of thing does not spread.  This is not what I continue to go to Kalkan for.  I stayed in the said Samira last year, admittedly early in the season, and it was lovely.  Stayed in the Samira Gardens in May 2012 and this was lovely and peaceful.  It was very early though.  Staying at the other Samira at the end of August beginning of September.  Must remember my earplugs just in case the fever spreads there.

Jo

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
I have been reading about this on Trip Advisor and wondered if anyone would comment about it on here.  We are staying at apartments next to The Samira, probably the same ones that the family Tonik1945 was speaking to stayed at!  I must say I am a bit concerned about it.

Kalkanbabe

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
We stayed at the Truffle Apartments pretty much next to the Samira (opposite the taxi rank) and it definitely seems to have got a bit 'hi de hi'.....very lively and noisy....but thankfully the noise stopped at midnight. Definitely not the sort of place I would like on holiday but am now very concerned as two good friends found a great bargain holiday there in August and I recommended it for its great position.....beginning to wish I hadn't opened my mouth!  :-\

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Yep,thats correct,noticed the noise a few weeks ago,sat in the Pide house in the side street next to The samira,and the music was blasting out,shame really,I used to like the place,but saying that nearly all the staff are different now and its just not the same place .
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
I thought I had left all that behind on the Costas....not for me   :'( :'(  :'(

Hope I'm not becoming a snob  ??? ??? ???
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
sounds absolutely horrific...I'm well prepared to live and let live but..bingo??.. ???

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Hi,
JUst back. Have stayed in Samira many times over the last 10 years. Checked in for the last few days, due to our villa being booked. Did not take part in the activities as described. 18 year old son loved them! His girlfriend had peace to read her book. It was a bit noisy at times during the day but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Not for me, with the memories of the old Samira. The staff are pretty much the same as last year, no Ali/Jack with Volkan running the bar.
If the feedback is not good then maybe the experiment will be over for next year.
The music level is certainly reduced after 12 and the food is very good in the snack bar. A bit warm in the Bosphorous for breakfast and miss the old roof top one. Memories!!
Rx

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Yep its the Samira near the new Tesko supermarket opposite parc kalkan and right next door to Truffle apts - we stayed at Samira gardens 2 weeks ago and we could actually hear the noise from there day and night you could hear the darts and bingo during the day and at night the music etc and sometimes well past 12 o'clock I don't know how they are getting away with it and just so glad we didn't book there as we stayed there last August and it was nothing like that. i sincerely hope enough people complain in order to nip it in the bud its not what u want here - might as well be in marmaris god forbid!!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
OMG - maybe I won't be booking in Kalkan for 2013 just yet then. This is not my idea of a holiday at all!!  As One Love says, the Costas are the places for all that I would have thought.  I don't think its snobbish, it's just not what I look for in a holiday.  :o :o ??? ::) >:D

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
Sounds like the Samira should now be called the Solana ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners
xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by kathrodham on Accommodation and Hotels

24 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
by itstime
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal