Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Hotel and apartments noise levels staff behaviour and attitude.  (Read 11252 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I just feel I should clarify my last post as I don't want to be scaremongering as sometimes things get blown out of proportion. In no way whatsover did this noisy hotel spoil our holiday in kalkan the main thing I was trying to say was we could hear it going on and we all said we felt sorry for the people staying next door etc to the racket and am sure they will get enough complaints from their own guests that they may rethink for next year. Please don't let what I said put you off if you are going to the Samira gardens as this was still a lovely peaceful hotel.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
We stayed at the Samira on our first trip to Kalkan in 2007 and loved it but it's changed beyond all recognition now.  Even 5 years ago, it was a little bit full-on for us so we decided not to go back there.  Each to their own but I can't stand all that  over-the-top matey-ness and organised fun  :-[

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
All good things come to an end.

Bye bye Kalkan!

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
I stayed at the Samira Hotel last week and I do agree it's gone a bit over the top with the entertainment programme. I have stayed at this Hotel many times and I still enjoyed my stay this time, although a bit hi de hi, In my opinion they have got a bit carried away. The table tennis and water polo was enjoyed by my teenage children. It does help if there is something for this age group to do.
Where I think they have got it very wrong, is the type of evening entertainment. The programe is amateur and a bit cringe! Having said that lots of people stayed to watch! Knowing the Hotel well I would say they will tone down the entertainment fairly quickly, I think it is an experiment !! one that is not working. Overall, I think it's still a lovely clean and friendly Hotel. The staff do there best, even the guy they have doing the entertainment! Also I'd like to say, to put people's minds at rest. The music did stop by midnight and could not be heard at all at the roundabout! It's not that loud! L

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
Indeed kalkanbelle ;D ;D except it doesn't have a cross dresser on roller skates!

However in response to lilly I dont think it's good enough to just turn the music down at midnight, people staying in the local apartments dont have a choice and it is on the edge of a residential area. Also the pool isn't just for teenage children it's not big enough. I stayed out of the hotel during the day because it was so crowded and noisy. I don't appreciate waiters suddenly putting their face less than a foot away from my face when I'm reading to ask if I would like a drink. I think  their over familiarity is out of order as is calling me darling. Their lack of training in people skill is very obvious. Nowhere else in Kalkan do the waiters, shop staff etc treat people like this. They are always courteous and friendly.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
Surely it would be worth someone having a word with these guys and appraising them of the situation - ie that their approach is turning many people away as is their 'animation' team. It's not in their interests to drive people out of the hotel during the day as they won't make any money out of drinks, lunches etc as they otherwise would with some people. It's ok saying that they will learn at the end of the season and not repeat it next season but we are yet at the start of the main school holidays - there is plenty of time for them to amend their approach, tone things down and keep the guests coming back as they have before. Someone other than a guest would be best or someone who they know would have their interests at heart rather than just being 'sour grapes'.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
Believe me my opinion was not sour grapes. The hotel was very clean, some of the staff very helpful and it's in an ideal location so I agree with you Kalkan Magic it is a shame. I wouldn't say bye bye Kalkan because of the Samira as Kalkan is a fabulous place to stay and I think I'm very lucky to be able to do so. I do think though that the Samira and it's owners have no regard or care for Kalkan itself. They are just thinking about the money they think they may be able to make. Perhaps they just want want younger people who they think want the Marmaris experience. 

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
i know, i think it's 'money rules' and maybe they wouldn't be bothered about spoiling Kalkan - that seems to be their approach to a few things. Let's hope they see sense then as it sounds awful. I've never stayed there but have often recommended it to guests who needed a few days if ours was booked or something similar. I certainly won't be recommending them now as I wouldn't want that kind of behaviour put on anyone. From what I know of our guests, I can't imagine any of them enjoying their over familiar approach etc - sounds a nightmare...

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
I cannot understand why some people are saying "bye bye Kalkan " because the Samira is doing something stupid,I have stayed at the Samira afew times and loved it,but that was with the old staff,not these new ones,and after all ,I dont go to Kalkan to look at the Samira and worry what they are doing .
Lots more in Kalkan that makes such a nice place to relax and unwind ......
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
I'm saying bye bye as I don't want to hear the noise - even when walking out for the evening & once one hotel starts how many more will follow? 

Someone also mentioned loud discos & foam parties - not for me, I want to stay somewhere much quieter.

Horses for courses.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
I understand what you are saying Sally,but a lot of places know what the regular guests like,thats why they go back year after year,but ,the Samira is one on its own,I am sure.
the foam parties have been going on for the last 4 years as I know,they are at Chocolate,used to be No name ,so its out of the way a bit,but my Nephew went once and he said it was rubbish,a bit of soap suds on the floor and that was it,I was in Chocolate a few weeks back,at midnight the Jandarme came and told them to shut the doors and turn down the volume,we sat outside until 5am,and you could hardly hear a thing,so its not as bad as some people are making out,but yes,Kalkan is changing,but very very slowly ...  :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
I think by far the bar with the most noise is Moonlight,but Its always packed with more mature people,doing agadoos and supermans  ;D ,but its good fun and nobody seems to mind...  >:D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Sorry,nothing to do with the Samira,but it is to do with noise levels in Kalkan.
If anyone was walking past Ali Babas Terrace ( not the soup kitchen ) on the 29th of june,and heard " sexy and I know it being played at full pelt,maybe about 00 30 am,it was my fault,it was my birthday and I was waiting for Bayram,Mustafa and the staff to finish so we could go into town and celebrate,Mustafa had his party head on and was dancing around at the bar,once again,sorry....... But we did have a good night   ;D  Just wish I knew how to put a video on EK .,...

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
So I'd I fidimax, would love to see it!!  :)

Offline brenda3001

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
My husband and I have stayed at the Samira a couple of times and loved it  :) .  This year we went to Calis beach!  They did the bingo thing too and I just cringed.  The staff there were not the easiest to get on with as they did not mix with the guests, unlike the Samira.  Whilst on holiday at Calis we went to the Samira for the day and we were greeted like long lost family. We have found the staff to be friendly although one guy was very much "in your face", rude and greedy with the initial M ending with N!   I have to say when I saw the animation "team" (one guy!) I felt my heart sink, the owner is constantly on the premises, never speaks and very surly which is a shame.  I know guests return every year but because of this new set up makes me wonder if they will return :-[   I honestly think that management at the Samira are trying to get people to stay around the hotel during the day and night and it was certainly busy the day we went to visit in June.  Last year no one was staying around the hotel  so it was lovely and quiet but then no one was spending money buying food or drinks and that is a life line for all the staff.  We are planning on going back June 2013 for my husbands 60th birthday but if this is the way the Samira is going, I think we will rethink where we want to stay in Kalkan. but will definitely be returning to Kalkan :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:34:00 AM by brenda3001 »

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
Thomas Cook are doing package holidays to the Samira for under £300 pw with flights included so perhaps it is attracting a different type of holidaymaker who wouldn't normally consider coming to Kalkan.  Sounds like the hotel is trying to cater to this type of market but it can't be good news for those who have enjoyed staying there in the past and would like to come again.  Also the constant noise levels must have some impact on guests staying at nearby villas and apartments.

Offline amberpop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
We are staying at Truffle apartments in sept, first time in Kalkan although 7th in Turkey. We have had a horrific start to our year, and, just want to chill out and relax, although we do like to have fun as well. I just hope the music isn't to loud in the early hours of the morning. Only disappointment a couple of nights after we've been out all day, we were going to have a meal delivered, and, just chill out on our balcony - looks like that may not be happening now!!! Still looking very much forward to our first visit to Kalkan, it looks absolutely beautiful, roll on 10th sept.

Anne and Jim 

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Can't imagine it will be that noisy surely?  There is a law agianst loud music after midnight in Kalkan, and it is mainly adhered to.  I'm sure you will love Kalkan, it is a relaxed place and people really want you to enjoy yourself.  Have fun! S  :) :) :)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
As I said in an earlier post. It's not that LOUD! Entertainment is a bit cringe but it stops at 12 o clock and is on just 2 nights a week, one night is the Turkish night which the Hotel has run for years! I can't say i thought the comedy night was good, it was poor but the Turkish night has been praised many times, on this forum, if you look back.
 Most of the guests are families and some don't seem to mind a bit of table tennis etc. Waterpolo is everyday but for just 30 mins.
I may be speaking out of place but I would hate to see a well known and loved Hotel go down because of negative comments. They can easily get out of hand
I know over the years the hotel have tried a bit of entertainment but it died a bit of a death fairly quickly. I think this will happen again.
Music can be heard from different venues in Kalkan as well!  Give the Hotel a break. I'm sure they have got the message and will tone it down. Don't worry.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
We stayed at the Samira twice, in 2004 and 2005 and it was lovely. The pool area was always quiet and relaxing and the bar in the evening was always friendly and buzzy, without being pushy.

Since we bought our apartments we've stopped staying there, obviously, but every September we pop in to see our old friends. We've always enjoyed the Turkish night there despite the cheesiness, mainly because it was incredibly good value and a nice friendly atmosphere.

It never really changed much until last year, when a lot of the old staff seemed to have left, which was a bit of a shame but, well, nothing stays the same for ever. It will be interesting to see what it's like this year. We can always vote with our feet if we don't like it - but I feel sorry for people who have booked to stay there again if it's changed beyond recognition. With any luck though, the changes will be temporary once they realise it's having a negative effect on their takings rather than a positive one. Money talks loudest.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners
xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by kathrodham on Accommodation and Hotels

24 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
by itstime
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal