Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Hotel and Apartments  (Read 12537 times)

Offline kathrodham

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Samira Hotel and Apartments
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
1st time in Kalkan can anyone tell me if the Samira Hotel and Apartments are
central - has anyone stayed there?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5552.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Yes the Samira Hotel is centrrally located and an excellent choice. If you look back on some of the older threads on this section, you will find more information about the Samira.
Joan

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »
This would depend on which Samira you are staying at.  There is the Samira Hotel in town and the Samira Hotel and apartments further up, both I believe have good reports although If you are staying at the one further up then it is quite a walk now into town because of the road works, probably not a very easy walk and anything upto 30 mins.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:34:41 AM »
I think this is likely to confuse.JoanH gave the correct answer to the question.The Samira Hotel & Apartments are indeed central.The other does not have hotel rooms and is purely an aparthotel with 1 bedroom apartments.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
Listen to Joan......the de-lux is up the hill...the other samiras are central.....Kath you are central :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »
Hi,
The Samira up the hill is the Samira Deluxe. On some brochures, to confuse matters more, there are photos of the Deluxe beside the write up for the Hotel. Great hotel,we are staying there ourselves in July as our villa is booked and we fancied the break. Our sons like it because it's close to town and they enjoy the table tennis and pool.
Rx

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
Sorry didn't mean to confuse anybody.  There are a few hotels/aparthotels called Samira and like Roxie said some brochures are confusing when they put the wrong picture against the write up.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »
The walk into town from the Samira Deluxe is about 15 mins, coming back its a stiff uphill walk but doable if you are even averagely fit.

There is a minibus service but after objections and dispruption caused by the local taxi drivers, this is now very limited and runs at inconvenient times.   

For this year the Samira Deluxe has a new hotel wing (opening in June), I had a look round in April and although still unfinished then it looked pretty nice with big rooms and a good standard of finish. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:00:13 PM by alantj »

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
Some friends of ours stayed at the Samira De Lux last week, they also had a look at the new rooms and said they were very nice.  They said the walk into town was a good 30 mins due to the road works so there should be some very fit guests staying at the Samira this year!!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
The most direct route is definitely doable in 15mins, I timed it at 13 mins when I was out in April. If you follow the main road it does take longer but on the plus side it is less steep.   

We usually walk both ways twice a day, the first couple of trips are hard but it gets easier, by the end of a fortnight is almost a stroll and you get to go home fitter and without having put on any weight.

Offline Highland Roxy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
I have booked a 3 bedroom apartment at the Samari Apartments which I believe are just 2 mins from the Samari Hotel, however, I am, like other people slightly confused over whether I have booked the apartment which I think is 5 mins walk to centre or have I booked the Deluxe apartments.  The owner has directed me to www.kalkansamarihotel.com but when I go on to that site it shows only their hotel rooms and talks of only 1 bedroom apartments!!  The owner is Mustafa, who has very kindly reserved the 3 bedroom apartment without taking any money up front, very kind.  Can anyone put my mind at ease that these apartments are in good location and are nice?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
Think Fidimax has stayed there...?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
I have booked a 3 bedroom apartment at the Samari Apartments which I believe are just 2 mins from the Samari Hotel, however, I am, like other people slightly confused over whether I have booked the apartment which I think is 5 mins walk to centre or have I booked the Deluxe apartments.  The owner has directed me to www.kalkansamarihotel.com but when I go on to that site it shows only their hotel rooms and talks of only 1 bedroom apartments!!  The owner is Mustafa, who has very kindly reserved the 3 bedroom apartment without taking any money up front, very kind.  Can anyone put my mind at ease that these apartments are in good location and are nice?

Think you may be a little dyslexic Roxy, like my wife, she too always transposes the 'i' and the 'a' in Samira.
Anyway when the link is corrected, it leads to the downtown Samira Hotel and Apartments and not to the Samira de lux in Kiziltas. However, it was my understanding that Mustafa owned the latter and his brother Huseyn the former.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Highland Roxy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Ha ha, thought I had overcome that slaght problem, (sorry slight!!!) Glad there are more people in this world that are the same as me.  It is definitely Mustafa that I have been communicating with.  If I have booked the wrong apartments that I had planned I am hoping that either will be good???

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
Highland Roxy you have got the right apartments in town.  The link is www.kalkansamira.com however this link only shows apts and rooms in the Hotel block.  The one you have booked is on a street just behind the hotel.   Mustafa who you spoke with is the son of Huseiyn.  He nows runs the business for his father.  The confusion is that Mustafa, the owner of the Samira Deluxe is the brother of Huseiyn and uncle to Mustafa jnr!!
I'm sure Fidimax will be along soon to tell you about the apartments.  Enjoy!

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
we stayed at the apartments 2 years ago.There are 4 apartments sharing a small pool.Very well equipped,with washing machine,television etc.2 Ground floor apartments have pool terrace leading to living & kitchen area  & are duplex with two bedrooms upstairs (1 en-suite).1 bedroom on ground floor at rear.Cleaned every day.Also very secure,I think there were 3 locks on front door.Only complaint was that aircon in living area didn't work & was apparently unfixable.We would have considered them again but price almost doubled. 

Offline Highland Roxy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
After following this discussion I feel re-assured that we have booked the right place for my party.  Having said that I would be interested in hearing what people think of my 2nd choice "Vine Apartment - Tera Mare complex" I have feeling they were way out of town so have opted for the Samira

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
Hello...

We are booked into the Samira...

Can anyone confirm:

Do we get pool/beach towels provided?

Opinions on the breakfast served here?

Thanks...

A  xx 

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
I ve stayed at the Samira a "few" times,I dont think you get pool/beach towels provided,but Ive always had my own towel so cant say I really noticed.
the breakfast is of the Turkish kind,its ok for me,but if you want more of a English breakfast you will have to pay,other wise its fine,its a good little hotel,and Ergun on reception is very helpful,all new staff this year,so all my old mates have gone,all bar Jack (Ali) who is completly off his head.
I am sure you will enjoy the Samira,its in a great position as well,also try to do the Turkish night,its one of the best in Kalkan.

Enjoy. Neil.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »
...when did you get up for breakfast then? ;D ;D :-*

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners
xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie
xx
Samira apartments or Asiyan hotel

Started by nickijane27 on Accommodation and Hotels

25 Replies
Last post January 05, 2009, 09:32:41 AM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal