Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mulberry Handbags  (Read 35368 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Mulberry Handbags
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
I can hold it in no longer.
Are these bags ever noticed by men? Or, are they only meant to make other women jealous? That is what comes over through the posts on here. Personally, I never look at the bag a woman is carrying nor, I suspect, do most other men.
Did anyone see the Telegraph article about the Jill Sanders mans brown paper bag, which has sold out in the London store at £185 a time? Kills me that people will pay top dollar to advertise some crappy firm, just because everyone else is! Read it here:- http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/the-jil-sander-paper-bag-that-will-cost-you-%C2%A3185.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:39:50 PM by BubblesG »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »
I wouldn't have thought that there is a woman alive who buys a handbag to attract a man - it's hardly lacy underwear is it?  ???  I also doubt that a handbag purchase is made with the aim of igniting a jealous fury in those less able to access cheap Turkish knock-offs. Some women just like bags, end of. With me it's shoes, with others it's jewellery, with the posters here it's bags and with some strange people it's ugly china faced dolls or plates with the royal family's faces on them. Nothing sinister, but perhaps a little unfathomable unless it's a passion you share.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 08:02:08 PM »
I can hold it in no longer.
Are these bags ever noticed by men? Or, are they only meant to make other women jealous? That is what comes over through the posts on here. Personally, I never look at the bag a woman is carrying nor, I suspect, do most other men.
Did anyone see the Telegraph article about the Jill Sanders mans brown paper bag, which has sold out in the London store at £185 a time? Kills me that people will pay top dollar to advertise some crappy firm, just because everyone else is! Read it here:- http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/the-jil-sander-paper-bag-that-will-cost-you-%C2%A3185.html

Couldn't care less if a man notices my bag, why would anyone care? and definitely not to make anyone jealous, again why????
Normal people don't dress to please anyone but themselves, I would hope, and certainly as far as bags go it's as simple as that. They please me :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Certainly don't buy them to make other women jealous and i doubt very much men notice bags, i buy nice bags (and shoes!) for me.
Nicky

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
I'm afraid I'm with firecat, itstime and Nicky on this one. Well said ladies  :). I'm presuming that you are the male of the species BubblesG?? If so, then I'm afraid you will struggle to understand how a nice perfume, pair of shoes, jewellery, etc can make the difference between a good day and a great day and put a jaunty spring in your step. Many of us work very hard all year round and sacrifice spending money on oneself, as the children are always needing something, OH needs his Stella, sky subscription, apple tv etc!!!! >:D .... So a little treat every now and then is well deserved. Not to make men fall at our feet or to make other women green with envy, just to take pleasure in something you enjoy. I know a lady who does gravy wrestling, maybe that floats her boat, but give me a nice leather bag (doesnt have to be designer) or a sweet smelling perfume and I'm in guilty pleasure heaven.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
Ha ha Lizilu does it float her "gravy boat"  ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
  ;D ;D ;D Well I lied a bit!! I saw her in our local paper and she seemed to be enjoying herself so it must be floating her gravy boat!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
Couldn't care less whether anyone else likes my bag.  I like it and I bought it (or OH did) for me alone.  I buy them to put things in so as I don't hav to carry around a paper bag with stuff in.  ;D ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
Have to disagree with BubblesG...Jill Sander is not a "crappy firm"....just my opinion ;)
Like the other posters I buy my bags for me, I dress for me and not to attract men or make other woman jealous....! I buy things I like and get pleasure from spending my hard-earned cash on nice things. With the Jill Sander man's bag, this is what's known as a trend... ::)
I don't know about anyone else but the days of dressing to attract men seems like an awfully long time ago....
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 08:17:26 AM »
Choose wisely and you will be the subject of 'handbag envy' .....and no one need ever know!  :laugh:

Come off it, here's my proof.
Maybe you should carry something more practical, like an electric drill or a socket set, that would make you more attractive to men.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:57 AM »
you're missing the point, BubblesG...we don't buy these nice things to be attractive to the opposite sex :P
In my experience men are attracted to power tools and the like but the idea of a woman in possession of one is more likely to strike fear as opposed to any other emotion.
Babs post was very tongue-in-cheek....its faux envy, not real envy ::)
Blimey this is hard work for a Monday morning....I need a lie down, with my bags :-*

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »
If my husband sees an electric drill or a socket set in my hand, he's delighted !  Because he wouldn't have a clue what to do with them.

Ms. FixEverything
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:50:00 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Korderekid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
My wife loves bags. She seems to buy quite a few but over the years she has trained me to understand the need for a woman to own many different bags. I even see the logic of this.

She's never bought one to make anybody jealous and has often given one of her bags to  friends who don't have the opportunity to shop here.

As far as I am concerned, she can spend our money on anything at all. She's never objected to anything I buy.

From the little I know of bags, those bought here are of very good quality and do represent value for money.

Can't really understand why anybody would be critical of another's shopping choices, but do agree that royal family souvenir plates might just be a passion too far.

KordereKid

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
My post had the expected result and also livened up an otherwise dull topic for half the population!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
nice attempted swerve there bubbles...ever thought about a career in politics? :laugh: >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
mmmmm.....not sure how bubbles connects 'handbag envy' with buying nice things to attract men!! like everyone else who has commented I but nice things for myself because I consider I work damn hard and deserve a treat every now and then......if someone just happens to say 'ooo I love your mulberry handbag' yes I am delighted.....but strangely enough I've never heard that from a man yet!!  :laugh:

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Hi BubblesG.
My husband would never notice if I was wearing a copy of a Mulberry, LVT or a Prada. But, he would notice if I went out with a green checked shopping trolley. ??? So, subconsciously, I think men do probably notice the nice things us girlies do to make them feel proud to be walking by our sides. Some of them just forget to look!    :-* :-* :-*

(He would run a mile if I had anything electrical in my hand.....well almost  >:D )

B.

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
Just one other thing to add, on the way home this year the aircraft journey was rather scary with lots of unexpected turbulence. Being a very nervous passenger I was convinced we were about to head up to the good Lord himself. I turned to my husband and said "OK, I will leave my shoes behind, but my "Mulberry" is coming with me." Not sure why, maybe the shop owners sprinkle them with the Kalkan magic dust.  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Mulberry etc - rough guide on what to pay anyone please?

Started by michiganstar on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post August 25, 2015, 05:50:11 PM
by Haybo
xx
Handbags

Started by joey on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post October 05, 2011, 09:18:10 AM
by joey
recycled
Handbags!

Started by Rachey on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post April 08, 2008, 06:15:44 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Handbags

Started by Kefgirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post September 02, 2010, 05:29:10 PM
by msr

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal