Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Day Seven: Getting Stuck on The Boat.....  (Read 2886 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Day Seven: Getting Stuck on The Boat.....
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:16:30 AM »

Our day on Yildiz II was as expected - just brilliant. What you get for your TL50 from this truly professional husband and wife team is outstanding value for money. It may have risen TL10 since last year -  Zeynep now includes hand cut chips with the lunch, as if to make the increase more palatable  - but it is worth every penny.
We had the pleasure of two ladies from the North East, Sylvia and Bev, who fed off each other with amazing humour in that accent that I could listen to forever. Their stories of their first few days at The Samira were hilarious, and the inappropriate suggestions Bev received from a local waiter (think Shirley Valentine) brought tears of laughter down my face over lunch.
I love sitting in that "seat" right in the pointed bit at the front of the boat, dangling your feet over the sea, breeze in your face, listening to the ipod. Only this time (must be the extra kilos) I got my legs stuck. Well, it was more because I was hanging on to my ipod for dear life, that I could not use both arms to pull a leg out from under the metal bars. I started to feel trapped, as we approached the harbour, suddenly, that lovely feeling of beeing totally chilled, listening to Il Divo's Unchained Melody, would become "splosh" as this overweight 55 year old hits the water in the harbour mouth as his iPod flies through the air never to be seen again. I called for help from Oli, as 11 othe people on the boat looked up in concern. Hands free of the iPod I yanked the first leg out, then the rest was easy - even if totally embarassing. I needed a drink.

Cafe Leon would hit the spot, with the sun still streaming in over Alternative, the Vodka, Tonic & Cranberry didn't touch the sides. Great to catch up with Jane again, in this lovely little cafe, resisting her carrot cake after such an indulgent day.
Next stop in our trek up towards the villa, was Abi travel, to settle our account for the transfers, and make sure "the others" were definitely being collected at 22.40 tonight. We need not have worried.
To break the walk back to the villa (OK, to have a beer and enjoy the view), we walked around by the museum and Mojito, to Akdeniz Restaurant for a chat and a nibble. Just one look at the menu and you can see the diffence pricing level from the well known restaurants on the harbour front. At Akdeniz, Lal Rose is c. TL33 yet TL45.90 closer to the water.
We had to order a few starters (it would be rude not to) to keep us going. 2 Calamari and one Liver would fit the bill as the sun went down across the harbour. Complementary and piping hot, some courgette fritters arrived while our starters were being prepared. Delicious. I felt like I was in Turkey at Akdeniz.
As lovely as all of that was, we walked on, only stopping at Kaya to shake the hand of Mr & Mrs Blue Lizzard, determined to have a few beers with them before they leave. On up the hill to Yali, to get a heavy delivery, which, bless them, would be done tonight.
From getting off Yildiz II at 18.10, it was around 22.00 we reached the sanctuary of Villa Kirimzi Lale. I checked Dalaman Arrivals on the tablet, as a text came in to say Beth, Bex & Tom had landed early, were in the taxi - and was there something nice to eat? I jumped in the shower as Nice Man From Yali brought the shopping.
Fast Taxi Man made up even more time for them, and at 00.35, they arrived to the smell of some Kofte cooking on the little bbq by the pool. A simple supper for them, to welcome Beth back again, and Bex & Tom to Turkey for the first time.
My head hit the pillow just after 2am, relaxed knowing we were all together (and I had hung onto my iPod). I could still taste the sweetness of the fresh, organic apricots served on Yildiz II earlier, lovingly picked by Osman from the tree in his garden, which as he said, "give only water, natural".
I agree. The priceless things in life are free.
Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9618.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Antler's Day Seven: Getting Stuck on The Boat.....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:39 AM »
What a wonderful day.  We too love days out on Yildiz2 and have a trip with them every holiday as it's such great value for money.

Carry on enjoying your holiday especially as the rest of your family have arrived but don't be too busy to keep us entertained with your blogs :0
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »
What a fab day it always is on Yildiz 2 - they are such lovely people.  Hope you all have a great time now the family's all together.  :)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »
I'll try not to get my legs stuck on 29/6!

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
Another fab report Antler! As I'm reading, I'm following you in my minds eye, I almost feel I'm there as you are so descriptive.  I went on Facebook the other night and you, mrs a and ollie were smiling back at me on my wall!! I couldn't understand at first how your photo was on my wall until I realised that kaya had posted it. Recognised you from the photos on here!! How lovely that all your family are with you now. Have a wonderful holiday and keep the reports coming.  :)

Offline gailyt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
Love your reports Mr Antler - we've booked the Yildaz with Captain Osman and just can't wait to escape this blustery grey weather in July  :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
Is this the most you've ever walked in Kalkan...? think it might be ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Ryss

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
another wonderfully descriptive report - thank you!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Stuck for words - Kalkan October 2010

Started by lorilou on Holiday Reports and Reviews

24 Replies
Last post November 03, 2010, 10:34:55 PM
by itstime
xx
Antler's Off!

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 11:09:18 AM
by antler
sad
Antler

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

29 Replies
Last post July 10, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
by hobbo
xx
Antler's Day Nine: Father's Day

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post June 18, 2012, 09:59:11 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal