Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler  (Read 8749 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Antler
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
I think......I might be wrong.....but I think Antler may have made his last post on the forum :( :(
He ended a post on a previous thread with "Goodbye EK"
Needless to say it was one of those ridiculous threads started by someone claiming to be new to Kalkan and asking a lot of questions that were designed to cause trouble....
If it is the case, and we have lost a member who posts fabulous blogs during his time in Kalkan then it is a sad day indeed.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11290.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Antler
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
I was just looking at the same thing and thinking he must have given up on this forum which is a huge loss to all of us. His blogs were such fun and so witty. However I can't say I blame him because I am sick of this forum as well. Nearly every day there are bitchy remarks of one sort or another which there never used to be last year. I have stopped posting regularly for that very reason.  :( :( :(

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
I couldn't agree more K4E. This forum used to be a really fun, friendly and welcoming place to ask questions, gain information and share our holiday experiences, good and bad.
In recent weeks/months we have been inundated by people/person who seems to take a perverse enjoyment out of trying to stir trouble and cause unrest between members. There is nothing wrong with healthy discussions and even the odd heated debate, but it upsets me that some people/person seems to want to run this forum and its members down.
I desperately hope that Antler returns to EK and shares his fabulous blogs again this year as to me, he epitomises what this forum is about - enjoying Kalkan, warts and all.
Please come back Antler, don't let one person get what he wants. We need more people like you on board.  :-* >:(

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Steve has indicated for a while that he is not happy at the way this forum is going and that he is going to share his holiday antics on Trip Advisor.
LINK.
Bob

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:35 PM »
Have to say I feel exactly the same. Have been a member since the beginning and been involved in many a heated debate but always I hope with some humour. I"m in Kalkan at the moment but haven't felt inclined to do my usual updates (other than express my delight at the tennis result) The forum has become at times tedious and quite spiteful. Sad that it's come to this.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »
I've missed your updates itstime. Hope you are now reclining on a brand new water hammock! I know what you mean though. I'm not sure if I can be bothered in August for fear of it being hijacked by a "bazzalike", scorning our holiday fun, he's already had a go at my taste in reading. Goodness only knows what he will think of our taste in food, wine and general escapades but I'm sure he would rear his ugly head again in one of his guises.
Like skunk said-we had so much fun last year on here, loads of lighthearted banter but this year seems to be so different.

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Great minds are all thinking the same .. I have felt this way for a while now.
How sad that people can be so spiteful I dont think we should let them bring this site down, Its to useful and great fun
I think we should just ignore their posts, the names might change but the tone is the same bitter !!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
Well Bob is right, Steve did put something on his Facebook to say that he would be posting his blog on Trip Advisor but I was hoping he'd change his mind and post on here too....!
Whilst it's no hardship to read them on TA, I think this forum has lost something special...!
When members like itstime, who has been with us from the start, hang up their keyboards then its time to take action. I don't quite know what action, but perhaps the "watched" icons could return to people who don't follow the mutual respect policy....and there are a few of them out there (or perhaps just one with lots of different names...who knows..?)

Offline dancing ninja

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
Well what can one say about all this rigmoral going on ........... From my point of view I agree with many of EK members about all the negativity being spread around the forum and it is easy to say ignore it, but we are all different and some people take a lot of things to heart and get upset. , have respect for peoples opinions for whatever they like or dislike about Kalkan .
Life is short and we should all feel lucky that we have all found such a wonderful place to enjoy our holiday or to even live .

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
Can I just say after thinking about all the rubbish that has been posted on here recently by you know who!!! lets not let it spoil the Forum, and just ignore him and carry on posting and enjoying EK as we did.  Antler we need you back!!!

Jayne

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
I have just posted on another thread to say a thank you to Kalkan4eva. I also said that I would continue to use the forum because of the nice people like her on here.

Although a relatively new member, I have been reading reviews on here since about Sept 2012 and I have to say its been great. I have learnt so much about Kalkan and can't wait till my holiday.

I have noticed a change of late, but to be honest, although irritating, it's pretty much water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned.
It's a bit like when a kid has a tantrum- the more you panda to them and give them attention the longer the it continues. Totally ignore them and they give up!

I hope people continue to use the forum in the spirit that got me hooked in the first place and in doing so hopefully entice the likes of Antler back.
We desperately need some new holiday reports! Where is everyone, I know you are out there!

Suzyq1

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »
Suzyq1 we totally agree. Ignore all the negatives and enjoy EK forum and all the genuine members.
We will definitely be posting our holiday reports at the end of the month.

Jayne
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:04:00 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:15 AM »
Sad news indeed that Steve Antler has quit the forum....I would much rather read one of his great posts about Kalkan and have a bit of banter than look at an idiots posts.....I'm staying I won't be shoved off  >:(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:08:44 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »
Oh no, Antler has left us ??? ??? ???   Blue Lizard, we are now relying on you to brighten our days ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31:08 AM »
Ok fellow Kalkan lovers and secret agents this is our new mission........make Enjoy Kalkan the fun informative forum it was until recently! whilst we encourage lively debate and respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinions I think we should ignore posts from people who are deliberately trying to wind things up.......he/she/they will soon get bored if no one rises to the bait! Then my fellow agents......your mission is to track Agent Antler down and return him safely to the fold. Go bravely my fellow agents......you can succeed in this task......Enjoy Kalkan will be a safe haven once more!

Seriously......lots of us get a huge amount of fun and enjoyment from being here on this forum and it would be a real shame if people like Amtler and Itstime stopped posting  :-[

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
I agree with everything that's been posted on this thread so far - there has indeed been a marked deterioration in the animosity of posts by certain individuals who seem determined to hijack this forum. We mustn't let them win! My suggestion is that maybe the administrator(s) and those that police this forum should remove said individual(s) for good. I realise that they could re-register under a different name but if they are continuously removed then maybe eventually the hassle will cause them to give up.

I may not post on here very much but I read threads on here every day. This has been such a great forum with wonderful people so in the meantime let's try to ignore them and continue as before  8)

Justin

P.S. Please come back Antler - your blogs are fantastic!
Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »
Persuasion is what I do for a living... ;D
I'm going to employ every last ounce of my negotiation skills to get Antler back. If I fail, it won't be through lack of trying....but perhaps I might need to consider a new career :-[
PS thank you suzyq1 for your lovely comments :)

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about. I don't see that much negativity - people have mentioned issues which point to a direction they don't want Kalkan to go but isn't that a part of a forum. If it's a subject you know you don't want to contribute surely you can just not read it. If you are a long term member it is rather limited in what you can discuss. Most subjects have been done to death after all.

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
 :'( oh no! so sad antler has left us. would have loved his report on "tanzore indian"  yes a shame that the forum has got so many negative people writing on it.  >:(

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
A forum is only as good as its members, many of whom know each other or of each other outside of the names used on here..... maybe people should vocalise to the small minority (and we know who they are) that they should grow up and get a grip :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Off!

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 11:09:18 AM
by antler
xx
Antler's Last Few Days......

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

20 Replies
Last post June 26, 2012, 08:09:35 AM
by Kajfish
xx
Antler's Quiet

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 01:19:12 AM
by antler
xx
Antler Goes on Holiday......

Started by antler on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 11:07:18 PM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan dog

Views: 2972
By: saskia
Metal bras