Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Poisoned dogs  (Read 21086 times)

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Poisoned dogs
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »
Some sick b@@@@@d has poisoned four dogs in Kalkan. See KTLN website.
I'm appalled. I'm still shaking.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9509.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Poisoned dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »
As KTLN points out whatever your opinion on the issue of street dogs there can be no excuse for this ..it is barbaric and i found the picture of the dogs distressing to say the least,This is a cowardly act and sadly although most in Kalkan are friendly, affable folk there are some that are obviously not... I am due out soon but this has dampened the excited rush i normally get, sadly i feel my love affair with kalkan is drawing to an end after 25 years and this is just another reason that makes me think it could be time to move on . :'( :'(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:16:01 AM »
I am afraid I  totally agree with you BL, there has been some really dstressing stories of cruelty to animals out there. As the majority of us are animal lovers it is upsetting to see those poor animals wandering the streets.

Just hope these people are caught soon, I know what I would do to the  B........

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
Agree with all the above - absolutely barbaric, I am so shocked that someone would take it into their mind to deliberately kill such beautiful animals - hope the Police put some serious effort into finding the offender/s and not just pay lip-service to keep the tourists happy.  The people responsible should be locked up for many years.  Please take care of your dogs out there - and watch if they pick anything up off the streets.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
So very very sad. How could anyone even contemplate doing such a wicked act. Those poor dogs must have suffered beyond belief. Truly shocking and barbaric and as others have said all efforts must be made to track down and punish the evil person/people responsible. I know the subject of street dogs causes great division on here but hopefully now anyone calling for some kind of "cull" will see these pictures and think again.
The people of KAPSA need help to continue the work with the animals and the education programmes for children.
Can't bear to think that I may be sharing the same air as those b......s responsible.

On a more positive note (if there can be any positives) sems the new vet Hasan managed to save one dog and for that I am thankful.

To the people of KAPSA and all who assist in helping the street animals, stay strong

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Well said itstime, totally agree with all your comments.  This is disgusting news and I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.  the pain those poor dogs must have gone through is unimaginable. It is so sad too for KAPSA and all others involved in trying to make Kalkan a better place for animals and people.  They work tirelessly and then see this. Very sad news for all.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
Like everyone, I'm appalled and devastated by this horrible act. Someone will know who has done it but I fear the perpetrators of this hideous crime may never be brought to justice. Would someone be prepared to put up a reward for information leading to the arrest of these criminals? If one person isn't able, how about we all put into this and make it a sizeable pot? Money generally talks in these situations - just a thought :-\
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
DISGUSTING - my dear friend was involved, along with other good helpers, with this episode last night.   The surviving dog, whom I know very well, made it through the night.  He is a bit groggy this morning, but still alive.  Thanks to all those involved, angels, all of them  :'( :'( :'( :'(     

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
Must have been very distressing for those people invilved. Whereabouts in Kalkan did this happen?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »
you can read the full distressing story on KTLN. They've updated the number of dogs affected and there are also some still unaccounted for :( :( >:(

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »
I agree with everyone else, this is the most shocking incident that left me very shaky and upset.  As BL says, it makes the love for Kalkan and most ofthe people there go suddenly shadowed.  Time to move on next year I think.  K4E I would be prepared to put up a reward but need to know what the police are likely to do about it and what punishment they would get if caught.  Does anyone know?  >:( :'(

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
My dog's asleep on the bed next to me as I write this. He stops at a friend's when we go to Kalkan. We're due out in August. I'm asking myself what's the strongest: my love of Kalkan or my love of dogs and animals in general? Don't know if I can go now ...

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Sorry, me again!!!!   This is BAD for Kalkan and tourism.  Whatever your thoughts on the street animals, there is no excuse for sheer brutality - love them or ignore them, they are part of the experience of "being abroad".    The PR machine better get going in top speed to repair this damage.  What next???  A child touches some suspect material, and dies?     ??? ??? ???       

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
Popps, totally agree with your comments :'( :'( :'(

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
I wrote to the hotel I stay in and told them about it. They replied and said how upset they were as they had heard the news.

I said that there are lots of people angry over this and could be bad for Kalkan.

Lets hope someone is brought to justice very soon.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
Like everyone, I'm appalled and devastated by this horrible act. Someone will know who has done it but I fear the perpetrators of this hideous crime may never be brought to justice. Would someone be prepared to put up a reward for information leading to the arrest of these criminals? If one person isn't able, how about we all put into this and make it a sizeable pot? Money generally talks in these situations - just a thought :-\

Sounds like a possible idea K4E. If KAPSA think it would be a good idea to try posting a reward then I'd be happy to contribute what I can. Only difficulty I can see is that they maybe think the money would be better spent on the dogs themselves.
If someone from KAPSA could have a think and get back to us it would be greatly appreciated. Whatever they decide I will go along with

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »
Itstime - with you 100% :) :) :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
Like all of you I was shocked and appalled by the news on KTLN.  We're flying out to Kalkan tomorrow morning and at first it really made me feel "meh" about our long anticipated visit to what's always been our favourite holiday home from home.  On reflection - although NOTHING can take away the vileness of what some despicable "person" has done - Kalkan is still lovely Kalkan.  Overwhelmingly the people are lovely and kind and care for the animals.  I'm not going to let one - god hopefully it's only one - sick individual spoil my enjoyment of this very special place.

Someone must know who's responsible and I hope the gendarma are checking up on who has bought poison recently.  I hope they catch the culprit soon.  If KAPSA or another was to organise a reward, we'll certainly contribute next week.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
It is a sickening act and I agree with everyones sentiments. But those proposing to move on from Kalkan for an isolated incident are surely overreacting. Do you believe this would not happen in any area where dogs are allowed to wander uncontrolled. Patara just down the road has had many similar incidents. If there is someone in a community sad enough to take this sort of action then it will happen no matter where. 

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Chickengeorge - everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I appreciate your sentiments.  :)  However, personal choice, I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere this year,not Kalkan -  prob. the UK.  We have dire acts committed here as well, be it human or animal -  like it or not, I support animal charities all round the world (and human ones as well) :) :) :)  Man's inhumanity to man springs to mind ??? ??? ??? ???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
DOGS !

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
by Mags
xx
old dogs

Started by popps on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 18, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
by saskia
xx
Dogs

Started by misty on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 09:24:35 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Barking Dogs

Started by happy days on General Discussion

48 Replies
Last post October 14, 2014, 07:30:15 PM
by happy days

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal