Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Poisoned dogs  (Read 21088 times)

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Poisoned dogs
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
I would like to be associated with all the previous comments on how disgusting and vile this incident it is and the thought of this person/s running a business that we may have visited/spent money in, makes my stomach churn! so the quicker they can be brought to justice the better.
I would also like to sign an on-line petition if there is one available as we will not be in Kalkan for another 3 weeks and we would happily contribute to a reward, money well spent in my opinion
Isis

Offline KAPSA Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 141
    • Share Post
    • KAPSA - Kalkan association for the protection of street animals
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
Thank you all, we are setting up a care2 petition and İ shall post the link as soon as possible. Please get everyone you know to sign it, we have to show the authorities and the person responsible that this kind of barbaric brutality will not be tolerated. That person obviously has no conscience whatsoever, but if he is made to understand that actions like his will have a negative effect on tourism hopefully he will not do it again. This does not mean that we will stop trying to get him punished.
Visit our website www.kapsaonline.com/
or join us on Facebook at Friends of Kapsa
https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsofkapsa/

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
We will also call in Vassilo and brako next week and sign petition.
Nicky

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Way to go BL!   Just give a few extra pats on the head to our four legged friends when you're there next week.  ;) Our KAPSA friends need all the support they can get at this dreadful time.  As Amber says just look at the photo and it is obvious the care and love these dogs have known.  Their lives may have been short lives but they were  good lives.   We all have to keep this work going.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
Just want to agree with Charlies post for Bluelizard, we are still hurt and angry by this cruelty but we have to remember these sick people are in the minority. I've given you a thanks BL !!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
Ditto to everyone's comments. I am saddened and disgusted too having read this thread and the KTLN news report. A huge pat on the back to KAPSA for all their hard work and effort regarding the street dogs and I am heartened to see that at least one dog survived this dreadful poisoning episode. I, like you all, hope that the perperator is caught and suitable action is taken to prevent this evil person from ever doing this again. My two girls were in tears when I told them about this, as over the years we have felt much affection towards some of the dogs who we see time and again. No living creature deserves an agonising death full stop!!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
Have only just read these posts and like everyone else feel saddened and sickened. We shall certainly sign the online petition and continue to support KAPSA. As horrified as I am by these acts of cruelty I feel that to stop visiting Kalkan would be a very negative response. As people have said most people locals and tourists are disgusted by this cruelty and must surely recognise that unless something is done this could seriously affect tourism.

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
we are all sickened to the core on what has happened and please everyone sign the petition, with regards to setting up reward money, although this is very noble indeed, money should be given direct to KAPSA instead to help with unforseen vet bills, etc.
KAPSA work very hard behind the scenes in many ways and funds would help them more right now, and when the culprit is caught, please count me in to assist in his rehabilitation adjustment !!!!!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
Yes will give some support to KAPSA in August as we do every year.

Offline KAPSA Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
For those people that are not able to sign our petition in Kalkan here is the link to our online petition, please get as many friends to sign as possible. Somehow we need to make both the authorities and the perpetrator understand how strongly we all feel about this.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-mayor-of-kalkan-the-governor-of-ka%C5%9F-and-commander-of-kalkan-gendarmerie-we-demand-justice-for-the-poisoned-kalkan-dogs

Sorry for the delay - I am better with animals than with computers!!!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
Signed and enough said that I fully endorse all the comments and just hope they catch and punish those responsible.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
Petition signed, I am more a cat person but was more than happy to "talk " to any of the dogs if one approached me the other week when we were there. They are part of the town so I am going to make a donation to KAPSA later on. Good luck to all those who feed and help the street animals you deserve all our support.
This awful episode hasn't deterred my plans to come back in October 2013.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
chrissy1 same here.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 07:14:57 PM »
Can anyone confirm that "Milley" a beige & white boxer type is ok?

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »
I am assuming you mean the dear dog that lives in the Kizaltas area?  She is a sweetie, and is one of the street dogs being fed under the KAPSA programme, my friend cares for her and a few others, have some lovely photos taken recently.   As far as I know (as of today), she is OK.  Her mate, a lovely dog, was the only survivor from the atrocity on Sat.night :( :( :( :(

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Have signed the petition and so have my family. What strikes me from reading various comments is that there is a fair assumption of where the culprit originates from - but because there is no concrete evidence names can't be named. For those in the know can I ask is the perpetrator of this vile act associated with an hotel or a villa owner?

Offline Automan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
    • www.baseautobodies.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
I have just signed the petition as a dog owner myself I am lost for words how somebody could do this.

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
                                              I've signed and sent it to all my family and friends.
Popps for any one to say if this perpetrator is associated with an hotel or a villa owner would be so wrong without any evidence..... When he or she is caught and they will....... every one will know.

Millie's alive and well along with Brownie both have been at our gate today.

Offline KAPSA Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »
Thank you everyone for signing our petition and for your kind words of support. The petition on paper in Kalkan is getting a great response too. One restaurant owner even went as far as to suggest that we took it up to all those people dining on his roof terrace. but we thought it might be too upsetting and might put people off their meals.
If you are in Kalkan you can sign the petition at the following businesses:
The Parc Kalkan,
Cafe Leon,
Abi Travel,
The market at the petrol station,
Azura Homes,
and Vessila & Brako.

Thank you all again - lets make it so big that the authorities will find it impossible to ignore!

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
So relieved to hear Millie is okay, she was our first vistor when we bought our villa last year, and is now a regular. As others have mentioned I also noticed when signing the petition comments from people alluding to knowing who this cruel person is, just praying they can be brought to justice and named and shamed.
Isis

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
DOGS !

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
by Mags
xx
old dogs

Started by popps on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 18, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
by saskia
xx
Dogs

Started by misty on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 09:24:35 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Barking Dogs

Started by happy days on General Discussion

48 Replies
Last post October 14, 2014, 07:30:15 PM
by happy days

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal