Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Barking Dogs  (Read 13411 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Barking Dogs
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
Probably not, Wendy. But liking your use of dog adjectives to describe what happens when the dreaded dog subject is discussed. Clever :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »
Chicken George is my real name.
The adjectives described come from both sides.
K4E, the posts you have added to this thread just complain about the fact that there is a post about dogs. If you don't want a discussion about it then just don't read it and let those that do get on with it. I don't see how that is harming you.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »
Rest assured, chickengeorge, I don't feel harmed. I'll leave you to enjoy your discussion....

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
Is this the right section to complain about cats miaowing & grasshoppers chirping & as for those damn birds ?  ;D ;D chill people, there's enough aggro in the world without bickering on here. I'm off to the Holiday Reports section to delete my posts and replace them with scores like A- or D+ like I used to get on my school report, I must have got the wrong end of the stick in thinking that was what that section was all about 8)

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »
Rest assured, chickengeorge, I don't feel harmed. I'll leave you to enjoy your discussion....

K4E. For someone who has no interest in this topic you have much to say. Most of which is directed at the person and most negative. The last post I find patronising. Chickengeorge is spot on - if you see a post that is of no interest then dont read it let alone contribute.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
Dear me, this is never ending....happy days you will see I have much to day about lots of subjects and I am perfectly entitled to give my views and you are perfectly entitled to disagree. My view on this subject, in case you missed it, is that "discussions" on this subject go nowhere and end up with members feeling the mutual respect policy has been breached.  I don't believe I have been negative, I just have a different opinion to you. Nor have I been rude or personal but you certainly have. You can simply ignore my opinion and have your dog discussion. Similarly, members are ignoring posters complaining about holiday reports and well...just posting holiday reports and very enjoyable they are too.
Neither of us is right or wrong - its just our opinions. But you are wrong to assume I have no interest in this topic, I just prefer not to debate it on here for the above reasons. This thread has not discussed the original topic for sometime, ironically....once it gets back on topic, I wont be posting as I've had my say. Right now I am defending my right to contribute wherever I choose and responding to direct posts. I will continue to do that until people stop posting directly to me, the topic is locked or I get bored. Whichever comes first :-\
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:30:29 PM by kalkan4eva »

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 04:33:28 PM »
It's ironic K4E that your contributions to this thread have caused more provocation than any other posts. In fact, if you really don't like discussions about dogs and you had avoided commenting at all, this thread would have been long forgotten after a couple of days. Therefore, you are actually defeating your intended objective.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
On the dog subject, barking or otherwise, we saw someone feed a dog from a table in Mussakka last night and then he looked quite shocked when another, owned dog, wandered in and the dog he had fed snarled and barked at the other. Why oh why would someone feed a dog they don't know from a table, especially in a restaurant. If you want to do that sort of thing in your own home fine but not somewhere that has a large number of dogs wandering freely!

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
On the dog subject, barking or otherwise, we saw someone feed a dog from a table in Mussakka last night and then he looked quite shocked when another, owned dog, wandered in and the dog he had fed snarled and barked at the other. Why oh why would someone feed a dog they don't know from a table, especially in a restaurant. If you want to do that sort of thing in your own home fine but not somewhere that has a large number of dogs wandering freely!

Babs. I think you have brought this topic round full circle. It would appear that a significant proportion of the dog loving community in Kalkan have very little consideration about what effect their actions have on the human population. Who in their right mind believes feeding a dog, owner or otherwise, from a restaurant table  is acceptable? It appears in matters relating to dogs, Kalkan has lost the plot!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
DOGS !

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
by Mags
xx
Dogs

Started by misty on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 09:24:35 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
old dogs

Started by popps on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 18, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
by saskia
xx
Dogs - into/out of Kalkan

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post February 14, 2014, 07:33:27 PM
by Wendy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal