Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Cases  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan Cases
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
My holdall is down...so far it contains a cat!! ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
Three more sleeps for us.  Baggage / luggage is proving much more difficult for us this year as our new granddaughter (7 months) is coming and you know how much paraphenalia babies need! 
We have 100kg between six of us for one week.  Just hoping it's enough - if not I will restrict OH to one pair of shorts and a shirt!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
I have found hand held scales invaluable for checking the weight of the luggage in advance.  On the day before travelling hopefully packing is completed and cases weighed.   Time then to adjust - hopefully space to sneak in just one more thing.......  I try not to go to the complete limit as the airport scales are likely to be slightly different to mine but it does give me a little feeling of security.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
BL, the cat was looking for the spider... :)

We take our cases to a closed check-in desk at the airport and test out the weight on those as soon as we arrive - then if neccessary a bit of a decanting job is undertaken, pretty sharpish.

stigred, never mind 2 more sleeps, get packing!!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline stigred

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »
 ;D ;D  All done! I travel light...very unusual for a female i know!! I take more medicines than clothes ... oh and my own pillow, so that isnt in the case yet!
2 more sleeps  :laugh:

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
Stigred, that made me smile.   I have more medicines than clothes also.   And do like my own pillow.   What is it about pillows?   The silly thing about taking medicines is that apart from really important prescription things you can get things in Kalkan quickly and easily, sometimes simpler than in UK.  I still try to have as many things as are likely to be  needed in my case as I don't really want to spend the holiday at the pharmacy.   

To encourage anyone who may worry - as long as you know what you need the pharmacies in Kalkan are brilliant at either having things or obtaining them quickly.   That is certainly our experience.

Can't say I travel light though.   See previous posts of mine - my case includes an electric chopper, recommended by Delia originally and since then by Antler etc etc on this forum. 
And the chopper is just the tip of the iceberg.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
well done stigred. How I envy people who can pack light....I'm a kitchen sink girl :-[ But I don't take a pillow...there wouldn't be room and I can't think what I'd leave out... :-\

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Mini Mee Cuddle.JPG

Views: 2894
By: Lindy
A night in Coast