Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: new to kalkan  (Read 10895 times)

Offline pippa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
new to kalkan
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »
Hi, I''m new to this site and new to Kalkan so could do with a bit if help.Want to go to Kalkan in sept/oct this year for 2 weeks. I am beginning to realise that much of the accomodation is uphill.Can anyone suggest small hotel, guest house, apartment which is near the town/harbour area thus avoiding a long steep uphill walk home.Also does anyone know a cheap flight website, want to fly from northern airport, humberside, doncaster or leeds/bradford if possible. The best I''ve found so far is first choice.Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1914.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: new to kalkan
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
Hiya Pippa,yes a lot of hotels/apts are "uphill" but there is loads inthe centre,try the thomas cook site for the  samira hotel/apts,its in the centre and its a really nice place,in may this year I got one of the new 3 bed apts for £80 for the apt for a week,booked it again for next may £90,try agean flights for flights £126 rtn for next may.    Neil.    8)
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »
Hi Pippa,
Aegean flights are cheap for next year, but are really only cheap if you book them loads in advance.  This year I have used www.flythomascook.co.uk flying from Manchester and and they weren''t bad prices - £304 for two of us first week in June.  Thom Cook have flights from loads of regional airports and its best to book as early as you can for flight only.

Enjoy Kalkan.

Kay
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Mustafa Raki

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »
Hi Pippa, can I suggest The White House, a really nice small pension in a quiet part of the old village.  Rooms are really clean and it''s just a short walk to beach. It has a beautiful terrace.  There is a web site, The White house Kalkan. I''ve stayed here twice and it''s very reasonably priced plus you are situated in a quiet part of the village but within easy walk of restaurants.

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi Pippa,
  Make sure if you book the Samira it is The Samira and not the Samira delux. The Delux is way uphill
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »
Yes Pippa,the "Samira deluxe" are up the hill and a fair walk from the centre,whilst the "Samira hotel/apts "are in the centre just before the old town and handy for everything.
                                   Neil.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:52 PM »
You can also view pictures of The White House or book through the Enjoy Kalkan accommodation section.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »
Hi Pippa,
We''ve booked with Aegean flights for next July and they were really cheap (£150 each for 17 nights) but having looked on them for a return trip this year in October they were really expensive - the earlier you book the cheaper they are  :)
However Travel Republic are offering flights in Sept/Oct for £200 for 12 nights - other durations are available. These are with XL, not sure if they''d be any cheaper if you booked direct with XL ???
Haven''t stayed there but the Sevgi is close to town and highly recommended by my new best friends - still a bit of an uphill walk back, but it''s not far at all (even after Efes) and I understand B&B in a double air-conditioned room is only £18 per night....What am I waiting for???? ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
Hi Pippa

Can echo the comments about the Samira. We stayed there two years running before we bought the apartment and it''s fab; great location and nice atmosphere around the pool and bar area.

As for flights, you could try www.skyscanner.net - they offer lots of alternatives like flying out with one airline and back with another, which can really get the cost down  8)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:48 PM »
Hi Pippa 

My friend and I went with Thomas Cook from East Midlands to the Samira Garden in May.  It''s a lovely hotel with only 15 rooms.  The staff are great and it''s an easy, flat walk - just a few minutes to town.  I''m off back there in September.

Offline pippa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:48:41 AM »
Is the Samira Garden the same as the Samira Hotel, sorry to sound so stupid.

Offline marking

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
Hi Pippa,
   The Sevgi is a nice hotel with a big pool out the back. You can get to the Sevgi by walking thru the  Samira and the hoards crowded round their tiny pool, and it''s at the back of the Samira. Much quieter and less crowded. It doesn''t have the same atosphere as the Samira, which is always quite a fun place because it''s always full there, but if you get fed up with all that quiet you can always pop down to the Samira for a bit of atmosphere

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »
Pippa, The Samira Garden is a different Hotel to the Samira Hotel. The Samira Gardens use to be known as the Tekinberk but has been refurbished and the reports from visiters there this season have been complimentary. It is situated close to the centre in a quiet side street near the Korsan Apartments, Dionnysis Hotel and Diane. Indeed, all of those maybe also be suitable based on closeness to the centre.
Joan  

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »
Joan, do you have email for Samira Gardens - T. may (still not sure) be with us for part of our hols & it might be a nice place for him.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
Hi Sally,
I think this is the contact, e mail Erghun at samira.h@superonline.com, but make sure you make it clear it is the Samira Gardens.
Pippa, there are reviews of the Samira Gardens lower down this section.
Joan

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:09 PM »
Thanks Joan. T is home this w/e & I hope to pin him down about his plans - hope being the operative word :D

Offline pippa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »
just to say thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. I have now booked the Asiyan, looks really nice,hope it''s not too far up the hill. Not going to Kalkan till September so I''ll no doubt be back on this site asking more questions before then. Thanks again

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Nov in Kalkan

Started by onelove on General Discussion

38 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 05:53:28 PM
by pattaya
recycled
Kalkan

Started by Aislinn on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2008, 06:23:01 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal