Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Cases  (Read 5879 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Kalkan Cases
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
I know its getting near our holiday when I ask BH to get the Kalkan cases out of the loft - which I did yesterday. They come down from the loft full of Kalkan clothes and Kallkan things like our roll-up padded bed mats for the beach, books I didn't get round to reading last year and the ubiquitous water hammock ;D
I have this charade of saying I'm going to weed out the clothes I took but never wore but it really is just for BH's benefit, I'm pretending - I take the same things every time :P Whilst undertaking this pointless exercise yesterday I found an envelope with 370tl we'd completely forgotten about :o :o If your name is Misty, look away now >:D That's a nice little start for the K4E bag fund ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9487.0
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:04:49 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan Cases
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Had to laugh at that K4E. Are you staying in the same place as last year?  When do you go?

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
Did enjoy your post K4E I too do exactly the same thing,  we have a little ritual whereby my husband likes to pack before me - even though he has been told not to!!  Anyway,  how big are these water hammocks that everyone is raving about in terms of weight?  Also - do you know if they can be purchased in Kalkan - havent seen one before  - neither here or in KK! -  ps  we are going on the 30th - cant wait!  Hope you have a good time x

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »
Love your post Kalkan4eva!
Our cases will be down from attic at the weekend and yes they'll also have previous Kalkan bits and bobs in, books, straw sun hats etc!!! OH got his travelling trousers out of hibernation and found a tenner in the pocket!! Not as good as your find but still a nice surprise!! I've got my eye on a Mulberry purse from Bsg!!
Nicky

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44:09 PM »
About £135, not bad and a great excuse for the bag.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I'm seriously impressed kalkan4eva.....what with your padded mats, water hammock, books, blingy flip flops.....how do you ever fit everything in and keep it under the measly weight limit?? I'm quite tempted to take Mrs EK's advice and buy my suncream at the airport but if I'm honest I've such dodgy sensitive skin that if I got there and they didn't have the right stuff it would send me into a panic  ::)
How exciting to find your bag fund already there waiting! I found some cash from last year too.....maybe enough for a purse..... >:D

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Very  good K4E..maybe  with all that extra money you may be able to stretch to a LEGAL bag!!!!!

Barb

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
Yes Skunk, back to HanInn - arrive very early hours of 8th June and we're there until 25th - really can't wait now :)
Irene, the water hammock folds up and is quite light, so can be easily packed (even in hand luggage). I've never seen them in Kalkan, but I have seen the "noodle" floats with a mesh seat attached - not quite the same ;)
Babs, we are always right on the limit with our luggage weight, even though we have those super-light cases ::). I put my heavy blingy footwear and books in my hand luggage, but sun cream, contraband bacon, more clothes than I need etc are in the cases. Don't take a chance with the sun cream - I also have stupidly sensitive skin and had to buy some Lancaster from Yali one year after "Mr Nobody" sat on my sensitive bottle - put a serious dent in the K4E bag fund >:(
BarbH :angel: :angel:

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »
Thanks for the info K4E - think I might have to purchase one, dont want to exert myself too much, have a tendency to fall asleep if floating in the pool, at least this way I wont wake with a start and panic!!
On the final week countdown now,  I always think I have loads of time and then end up rushing around like a mad woman - still all worth it in the end.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
Yes Skunk, back to HanInn - arrive very early hours of 8th June and we're there until 25th - really can't wait now :)

Oooh I do envy you!!! That beautiful pool and garden.  Have a great time.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »
Ooooooh K4E I'm so jealous  :)
I ditched the suitcases a few years back and bought those extra large wheeled holdalls. Much lighter than any case and incredibly roomy. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't stand up to the rigors of the journey but have used them 4 or 5 times now and still holding firm and despite the non rigid construction, nothing packed has been damaged so far.

I also found some Turkish notes but joy soon turned to disappointment as amounted to the grand total of 30 lira ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
We've had a super light small case for some time now, great for easyjet for city breaks etc as we can usually cram in 2 peoples clothes etc, provided we don't go for more than a couple of days. Since our holiday at Easter, we have now started replacing our main cases with the same super light ones as we got stung this year at Dalaman. Coming out was no problem and we were just on the limit (we had only brought 2 cases between the 4 of us to try to save some money on the flights) but on our return journey we were 1 kg over the limit - goodness knows how as we had dumped all the toiletries, must have been the pandora charm we bought ??? - and had to pay (if I remember rightly) approx £12.00 in excess baggage. OH was fuming!! The super light cases are not very pleasing on the eye, but definitely worth it for the extra room.
Have a great holiday K4E, wish it was me!! :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »
My lightweight holdall with wheels came out of the loft.....sadly all i found inside was spiders  :'( :'(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 10:46:06 AM »
I know its getting near our holiday when I ask BH to get the Kalkan cases out of the loft - which I did yesterday. They come down from the loft full of Kalkan clothes and Kallkan things like our roll-up padded bed mats for the beach, books I didn't get round to reading last year and the ubiquitous water hammock ;D
I have this charade of saying I'm going to weed out the clothes I took but never wore but it really is just for BH's benefit, I'm pretending - I take the same things every time :P Whilst undertaking this pointless exercise yesterday I found an envelope with 370tl we'd completely forgotten about :o :o If your name is Misty, look away now >:D That's a nice little start for the K4E bag fund ;D ;D

K4E I will be going to the land of 'fake goods' soon...China..... warehouse after warehouse selling every kind of fake products you can think of....... :) :)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
Dont pay excess baggage costs and no need to dump anything - just donate it to Kapsa!! Towels,clothes,books - anythıng really!!! We have a depot to store things until our next fundraiser for the care of the street animals.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
Not much more than a week to go so cases out and ready to be packed.  Just bought new super light hard backed cases so hope the airline is kind to them.

Antihistamine tablets already lined up.   Paperback books accumulating as I make decisions on how many I can fit in - haven't yet gone down the road of kindles despite much enthusiasm on this forum.

Something I have found invaluable are cool sprays - various makes available at the chemists.  Ideal for those moments when you have done a bit more walking than anticipated and the weather is getting hotter - then the bliss of a quick spray.   I try not to leave the house without one during the day.   Love the sun and the heat but there can be moments when a quick cool down is wonderful.   Can't always leap in a pool, especially if you are out shopping!

Really busy time until the holiday arrives so it is refreshing to have an occasional peek at the cases (and the pile of things gathered to go into them!).  I picture myself in Kalkan enjoying cooling drinks, relaxing by the pool, paperback in hand.  I know I am not the only one indulging in these dreams of being in Kalkan!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
we're right behind you tl (a week on Thursday ;D ;D) and I have a little Kalkan dream at some point every single day, so you're definitely not alone. I also dream I can fit 60 outfits, 20 books, limes, blingy sandals, bacon, dark chocolate, water hammock, beach mats, 4 ton of toiletries....AND my Kalkan folder (plus a few bits for BH) into our 43 kilos of weight allowance ::) ::) 8)

Offline stigred

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »
Blimey...think i  may be a little behind everyone else..we travel on Friday and not even dusted the cases off yet!!! Will do it tmrw eve if i have time!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
Our cases are out but not packed yet. Have bits and bobs all over bedroom so i don't forget to take them like ipod etc!
Getting really, really excited now, can't wait for that first glimpse of the bay and that first cold Efes!
Like Kalkan4eva i am spending most of the day dreaming about next week and every day we say where will we be eating this time next week?!!

Offline stigred

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »
2 more sleeps...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal