Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Regency  (Read 3477 times)

Offline liwil2007

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan Regency
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
After looking around I am keen to book up both the Kalkan regency turkish bath and the speed boat trip (the speed boat trip being recommended, however, as I am not staying at the regency I am not sure if we can go on it!)

I would like to book these before I go and have emailed 'hotel@kalkanregency.com.tr' to no avail. Does anyone have any email address or contact methods? Apparently I would save £60pp by booking the boat in advance, thats too good a saving to turn down!
 :)
Thanks,
Lisa

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9324.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan Regency
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
I did think the speedboat hire (and discount) was for Exclusive Escapes customers only and I'd also be interested to know if it isn't.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
click back to main page(top right)..scroll down to kalkan hotels....kalkan regency is on there,click on then click general information..scroll down you will see phone numbers etc for regency
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline liwil2007

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
Thanks Blue Lizard, I have found this contact number from back in 2009-

+90 242 844 2230 is the phone number of Kalkan Regency Boutique Hotel.

I was recommended by people who book a villa in Kalkan so I would believe other guests could use the speed boat too. Hopefully it will be cleared up after a quick phonecall!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »
I think it can only be booked if you book through Exc. escapes - they have villas as well so maybe your friend booked their villa through them.  You can get a speedboat ride at other companies such as Blue Marlin - don't know how prices compare though.  :-[ :)

Offline liwil2007

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Thanks Skunk,
Unfortunatley I think you might be right! Although i have had a look on the blue marlin website and you can hire and drive a wee speed boat for the day, i am sure my OH would adore that, 2011 prices were £60 per day so thats pretty much half price to the regency! Although no lunch/champagne etc. I will have a chat with my friend and see what she says and post it back here when i find out, kalkan4eva!

Thanks

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
cheers :)

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
Hi All - we booked the speedboat directly with the Kalkan Regency a couple of years ago, we had booked our own villa elsewhere in Kalkan and therefore had nothing to do with Exclusive Escapes.  We just telephoned the hotel a couple of days before we wished to go and
organised it ourselves - we had the most wonderful day out with my brother and sister-in-law
and would highly recommend it, it was pricey but worth very lira!

Offline liwil2007

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
I have managed to track down the answer finally! After emails, facebooks and calls with Exclusive Escapes, The Kalkan Regency and my friend it turns out that non guests can hire the boat. However, it has to be on a weekend and it costs £950! The boat holds 6 people (~£160pp) but as there are only two of us it is a little exorbitant!
Please see the message from Kalkan Regency posted below as the above is only what i have taken from the response-

"For motorcuiser, it has to be on a weekend day, while the boat is not used by the company. We can arrange only during sat or sunday, whichever day is available. But you will have to sole charter it, so the price may be too much. Our price for that will be apprx. 950 pound for the whole day. That includes, welcome champaigne, lunch, wine and drinks during lunch, tea and cake in the afternoon. the trip is from Kalkan to Kekova (sunken city) and back. "

Thanks,
Lisa

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »
Hi there,

I couldn't belive my eyes after seeing 950 Sterlings for a boat trip from Kalkan to Kekova.

Normally boat trips is not that expensive. That boat is a power boat chris craft and comsumption is siriously more than any other boat.

So I would recommend you take a boat trip from Kas or from Kekova if you have your own car . If not some boat operators in Kas offers return transfer from Kalkan.

I hope these information will help you to plan your holiday.

Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
I nearly fell over when I read the cost :o :o
think I'll pass - think of all the bags I could buy with £950 :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Kalkan Regency

Started by dawny on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 07:08:30 PM
by dawny
xx
kalkan regency hotel

Started by buzby on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 11:24:02 AM
by Honey
xx
Kalkan Regency Turkish Bath

Started by KislaBlue on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 07:19:51 PM
by Rosie
xx
Kalkan Regency Boutique Hotel Indian Food Night

Started by stash on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

50 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
by dancing ninja

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal