Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gym!!!  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Gym!!!
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
My daughter's boyfriend is coming to Kalkan with us in June and feels the needs to keep training as he plans to run a marathon later is the year.....sadly the marathon he trained for was 'halved' last Sunday due to torrential rain and flooding. I know where the gym is but does anyone have any up to date information about times, prices, if you are able to pay as you go etc.? Personally on holiday I prefer the tried and trusted methods of hills, gentle swims and light arm weights.....ie cocktails and good wine!  :angel:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9352.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Gym!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »
Hi Babs if you look on KTLN in the business directory I think it gives the opening times and up to last year yes you could pay as you go although I will say it is quite expensive. My OH is the same but he takes his abs roller with him to work out on the balcony and did try doing a few runs last year along the harbour front - must be mad as far as i am concerned but there you go.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
Our son took out a 4 week membership whilst we were there last August (think it worked out as about £45 for the four weeks) which was cheaper than him paying daily or weekly for the three weeks we were there. He didn't go every day and mainly did weights as opposed to cardio.
They have a website which has an English translation button - www.kalkangym.com for more information. Hope I'm ok posting this link, they might not have a reciprocal link back to EK ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
thanks ladies....he's found the website now so I'll just leave him to it and he can enquire about prices etc
I'll be far to busy laying in the sun, dipping in the sea and turning the pages of my book while considering where to eat/drink that evening to worry about the gym!!

kalkan4eva.....felt the need to click your 'thanks button' but now you are beating me!! not that I'm competitive or anything  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
 ;D ;D
I'm with you on the preferring to read my books and dip in the sea, Babs.
Having said that we do our "daily power walk" which generally lasts for the first half of our holiday then we start to talk each other out of it towards the end ;D ;D
I'm loathed to pack my trainers as they take up so much space so I've compromised and bought a pair of crock flip flops - they double up for the beach and the "walks".....such a diva ::)
BTW I've thanked you for thanking me...so we're level pegging ;) ;)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
this could get out of hand!  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Harbour

Views: 2695
By: LancashireLass
Kekova Trip