Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First time visitor with kids  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Lucian5

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First time visitor with kids
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
Hi, we will be visiting Kalkan for the first time and arrive tomorrow! Travelling with 3 children under 5!!! We were looking for a stress free holiday with good food and I'm hoping we have picked the right place. I have loved reading the forum and everybody feels soo passionate about Kalkan. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on things to do to entertain the kids, child friendly restaurants and if there are any boat trips started yet :-)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9272.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: First time visitor with kids
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
Hi Lucian,

I think you will find kids are welcomed everywhere! You will have to give us live updates from Kalkan on how you are enjoying it :)

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
From our previous visit to Kalkan it seems the Turkish people love children. We saw waiters in the restaurants making a big fuss of the little diners. We did not have our grandchildren with us so can't speak for first hand experience.  We are hoping the boat trips will be operating as we are there in 2 weeks and are planning on taking at least a couple of trips.  For a sandy beach you need to go to Patara.  There is a dolmus which takes you for 10 lire per person return.  If they charge for children it might be cheaper to take a taxi.  There is a bar/cafe at the beach with very reasonable prices and you can rent sunbeds and shades.  Hope you have a great time.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Hi lucian5, you will love it in Kalkan. I'm not sure about the boat trips as many of them are still in dry dock. You must go to the kaya restaurant, the children will love the magic tricks and balloon animals, ours still do and so do we. I believe that fez restaurant also does magic but we have never been there yet.  There are a few parks scattered around, with children's play areas that we noticed while on our travels too. Have a fab holiday. We come home as you arrive  :'(

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »
Mehmet from Fez does fantastic card tricks - but this year he'll be at the new Otantik (Authentic) restaurant.  It's where the Ottoman was, opposite Alternatif down by the mosque.  He's an absolute sweetie  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
Hi Lucian5, welcome to the forum.
Little ones are welcomed everywhere in Kalkan. In terms of entertaining them the pool with some inflatables is unbeatable - although it may be a little cold at this time of year. I've mentioned on here before that I like to take stale bread and feed the fish at the harbour, I could do that for hours, it was something we did when our children were small and I think I've never got out of the habit ::)
The boats tend to go back in the water towards the end of April/beginning on May so hopefully you will be there long enough to catch one or two. Have a great stay.
Incidentally, Rachey mentions Alternatif as a reference point in her post, there seems very little activity there on the Adda Tours webcam - is it opening this year?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
Yes I thought that as well.  Last year there was lots of activity before they opened but I've see no sign of anyone. Sx

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »
Parc Kalkan (a bar and restaurant) have a little play area for small children, at the back on the left as you go in. It's a safe area as Parc Kalkan has a fence round it so you'll be able to have a drink and eat without worrying about them running into traffic.

Offline Lucian5

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »
Hi, thanks for being soo friendly and welcoming everyone!!!I will check out the restaurants and hopefully we will have internet access to keep you posted! Just cramming everything into the suitcases for our early morning flight  :laugh:

Offline Lucian5

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
Hi,
This is our fouth day in Kalkan and managed to get out to a cafe to use the wi fi. Yesterday the weather was awful but the sun has finally come out today so we could browse the market and practice haggling which I am obviously not very good at. Had a nice meal at Akin restaurant on Tuesday they were excellent with my 6 month old baby held her whilst we ate snd handed her back fast asleep. Had a nice lunch at Hunker Ockabasi and the kids enjoyed the play area in Parc Kalkan and hanging out at Fener cafe. These were very good value for money. Looking forward to trying out Mussaka and Aubergine for dinners. A few boats are on the water so hopefully we may take a boat trip at the weekend as the weather looks a bit more promising

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
Hi Lucian5 I'm so sorry your first trip to Kalkan  has been a bit of a wash out,  fingers crossed the weather picks up for you very soon.  Personally I don't recommend  Kalkan to first time visitors until the season starts proper at the beginning of May because of unpredictable weather, ongoing road works/ building and the fact that not all places are open until then.    However no matter what time of the year you are there the people of Kalkan are wonderful so I really hope you have a great holiday.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hello from an excited first-time Kalkan visitor!

Started by MrsC1701 on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post March 30, 2012, 12:33:55 PM
by Skunk
xx
Record holder for 1st time visitor to Kalkan?

Started by kalkan wife on The Everything Else Area!

9 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 09:20:59 PM
by alantj
xx
ONE LESS VISITOR THİS SEASON...

Started by Enişte on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 04:33:38 PM
by misty
recycled
Re: visiting in June- lone visitor

Started by suejo on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 16, 2010, 12:14:21 PM
by suejo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal