Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Chrl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello!
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
Hi, i'm Charlotte. I've been coming to Kalkan for 11 years but only just discovered this forum! Its so nice to see that there are other people that love Kalkan! I'm coming back in August and CAN'T WAIT!! Hope you are all looking forward to your holidays :) X

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9269.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:11 AM »
Hi Charlotte

Welcome to the forum, glad you've found us  ;D

Look forward to hearing your tips and experiences. As you can see we are all obsessed with Kalkan on here  :D

Julie

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
Hi Charlotte nice to have you on board, gosh 11 years and just found the forum, you must have some lovely memories from your visits you can share with us all. We are positive newbies compared to most on here we only been going 2 years but already obsessed with kalkan, Be nice to hear your favourite restaurants, where you have stayed, beach clubs you visit etc please share with us from your vast experience. We are there in June but also in late Aug/Sept and can't get enough reading other peoples stories to get a Kalkan fix every day until we go.

Offline Chrl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I know I feel like I’ve been missing out! It’s great to find fellow Kalkan lovers, I think people back home think I’m a little obsessed now! One of the main reasons I visit as much as possible is because in the summer my friend works  there so I suppose my experiences are slightly different to other peoples however I do also just love Kalkan in general and would visit anyway!  ;D
When I first started going to Kalkan I was a teenager and used to stay at Asfiya hotel with my family. I think of all the hotels that was my favourite. All the staff were so friendly and everyone used to get on really well. A few years ago some friends of ours bought a villa (which is lovely) so we have stayed there a few times. A couple of years ago we stayed at Kulube Hotel which is also really nice (a little far out though).  This year I am staying in the Korsan Apartments that I don’t know much about so any info on that would be useful!
As for restaurant tips, being a poor student for so many years I’m afraid I tend to go for cheap and cheerful!! However I would say that all the food in Turkey is so good anyway that you don’t need to pay a lot for a good meal. My favourite ever place is Ali Babas where it is so cheap but the food is amazing and there are always loads of Turkish people in there which I think is a very good sign! There is also a really nice place called Cafe Leon which is owned by an English lady and her Turkish husband which is really nice and relaxed (and they always have a massive pile of English magazines which is a definite bonus in my eyes!!)
I could literally talk about Kalkan all day so please feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to reply  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »
Hi Chrl
We have also been regulars in Kalkan for about 10 years and are going again in August.  Maybe we could meet for a cocktail or something and exchange notes!   ;D The Korsan apartments used to be a Tapestry destination, as was the Asfiya.  The Korsan family own several restaurants as well as some new posh looking "suites".  The position of the apartments is fabulous - very near the centre so no taxis or hills.  I've never stayed there but the outside looks nice. I think you get a discount at their restaurants as well - there is a meze place right on the harbourside near Mussaka etc.  and the fish terrace is just above.  I prefer the meze personally but the fish terrace is very popular with great views.  there is an English woman who manages it with her husband - can't remember her name but she is very nice.  If you look on the KTLN (Kalkan Turkish Local News) website they have a view from the Meze restaurant terrace, and in the season they show both restaurants on a webcam.  You can watch the boats coming in and out of the harbour!  SX

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
hello....we are great Korsan fans, we stayed there 3 times booked through Thomson and loved it, the only reason we have stayed in other apartments is that we have found we can do it cheaper if we book independently. The staff at the apartments are just brilliant, lovely place to stay! We love both Korsan restaurants as well and Claire and Ulac (not sure of spelling) are great and very welcoming....enjoy!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
Ah indeed Claire and Ulac.  Thanks for reminding me!

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
Claire and Uluç to be precise!

Offline Chrl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »
Thank you for the replies   :) Im so excited - the apartments look so nice online. I really wanted somewhere on Kalamar road too so its close to everything! Yes definatley to cocktails!! Where will you be staying in August? Will be great to talk about our experiences- I get some good gossip off my boyfriend so its always good to share!!!  :laugh: x

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »
We rent a villa in the old town owned by an English couple - stayed there last year and it was v nice so we are returning. We are there from 6th - 27th August so we should be there while you are!  Where would you like to meet and what date would suit you? SX

Offline Chrl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
Ooh the villa sounds nice - i always think properties in the old town are really nice! Is there a way you can private message a phone number or e mail address on here? If there is ill send u mine and then we could arrange meeting up? We get there on the 2nd august and as always have no specific plans so ill be very free! X

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bex & Tom in Sofra

Views: 71
By: antler
Kalkan 1996