Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Booking restaurants in advance!!  (Read 4482 times)

Offline jujujones

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Booking restaurants in advance!!
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
Heading to Kalkan in Mid June for my second trip- this time with 2 friends who are first timers. We tried some great restaurants on the last visit and the top 3 for us were Kalamaki, Sofra and Olive Garden. For our visit in Mid june I would like to book in advance for the saturday night of our arrival so that we don't have to think too much about it (am thinking about Kalamaki) and perhaps for one or two other nights for the busier places. Don't want to shove my choices down the throats of the first timers too much but good to have had some experience. We are only there for a week so we don't want to miss out. Does anyone know how early I might be able to book in advance. And do you know how I might get contact details for kalamaki. Also what other restaurants do you think I would need to book and how busy will Kalkan be in mid June ( last time I visited with my husband was early october so it was relatively quiet!) Sorry so many questions- but getting very excited and it's still only February!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9050.0

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Booking restaurants in advance!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:43:48 AM »
We visited in the middle of June last year and never had to book for any restaurant (Mousaka, Kosk, Gironda etc). Only 94 days to go. :) :) :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
number i have found for kalamaki  is     +44 0242 844 1555      ;)     
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
Hi juju.  I just sent you a PM

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
until last year we always went to Kalkan in August so in peak season.....we always book restaurants the night before and have never had a problem

now where shall I book for 28 June?......who am I kidding? it's a family tradition to go to the Korsan on our first night so we can have their amazing meze and as we will have two first timers with us it will be even more important!  :laugh:

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
Hi JuJU
Kalamaki was also 1 of our favourites last year and if you want a specific night and a nice table it is always worth booking - do you know they have a facebook page and they update regularly so its a good way of keeping up to date. Also our other faves were Mussakka at the harbour also good idea to book as was very busy last year (also have a facebook page with contact details)and Coast (harbour also) Hope this helps - we are there in June also so may bump into you at one of them have a great time. Cant wait for ours we may try olive Garden this time round.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
We've been in June lots of times and have never needed to book a restaurant too far in advance. If we wanted to be sure of a certain table or a particular time we'd pop in a few days before and book it, but generally June isn't incredibly busy. I suggest you try Gourmet this year (next door to Kalamaki) - our favourite last year. Oh and at the other end of the scale, you almost never have to book the Soup Kitchen  ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline jujujones

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for your replies. So much choice and only a week to sample. Will definitely put Gourmet on the list and Korsan. We tried Mussaka last time we were there but at that time there was just the one in town (Oct 2010). We were not overly impressed but perhaps it was an off night -we didn't find the service to be at all attentive and we were surprised and disappointed as people had raved so much about it.Oh well different strokes and all that- Think it might be worth trying the one on the harbour though.

Anywhere nice for pre dinner cocktails?? And what about wine? I know my husband and I found the wine quite palatable last time round but I am going with a friend who loves her wine and am afraid she might be disappointed with the lack of availability of imported wines. What are the good local ones again?? Have forgotten. Thanks again for your help and roll on june!!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:30 AM »
Love having cocktails in Aubergine, before or after dinner.  Beautiful setting, lovely ambience and just great for people watching.  last year all cocktails were 12.90 lira, they were large and beautifully presented. Wines we enjoy, white; Cankaya, Angora, Majestik, red; Angora, Majestic, Sade. Our fav restaurants last year Aubergine, Mussakka, Coast, Gourmet, Salt & Pepper, just to mention a few.  Enjoy!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
My mouth is watering at the thought of going back to Kalkans fantastic restaurants!!
Our favourites were Mussaka, Kalamaki, Chapter One and for beautiful pasta, Zekis. We were there in June and like previous
posts have said we didn't need to book unless we wanted a specific table. Like Chrissy we want to try Olive garden this year as it gets so many good mentions also Gironda is on this years list.
Nicky

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
For those who were looking forward to going back to Chapter One, don't! I am informed that they have ceased trading. No doubt someone else will set up there.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »
Thats a surprise, they seemed to be a popular restaurant, wonder whats happened.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »
personally I am not surprised (Chapter One) we tried it once and were very disappointed so much so we said we would never go back and we haven't the service was terrible and that was from the lady owner, whether she took an instant dislike to us I dont know but she was positivly rude and the food was not the best and we had saved one of our Sat nights for it as it had been recommended, but hey maybe we caught it on a bad night??

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
One of my favourite places for pre dinner drinks and fabulous cocktails is the Gironda. If you haven't been before there is a beautiful inner courtyard with big squashy sofas. it's a great place to relax. :)
Carpe diem

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
I agree with previous posts that it is not normally necessary to book a table in June.   However if I want a particular table at a particular restaurant at a particular time then I do book a day or two in advance.

Nothing more annoying to find someone sitting at "our table".    Having said that we decided at the last minute one evening to eat at Kosk and discovered "our table" was occupied - but we had the last laugh as they found us one tucked in a corner round from the kitchen.    It turned into rather a chilly evening and we had all the heat coming through the wall beside us from the kitchen.    I have to confess to feeling rather smug.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Booking restaurants

Started by Lancs lass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 09:24:15 PM
by Lancs lass
xx
Booking Excursions

Started by Oscie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 01:49:23 PM
by Skunk
xx
Booking transfers for guests

Started by jinfizzz on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 08:49:37 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Holiday Booking Scams

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2015, 06:17:31 AM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Turkey 2010 042.JPG

Views: 3725
By: skauser
DSCF0327.JPG