Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: open forum????  (Read 5434 times)

Offline dizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
open forum????
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:27:51 AM »
I am well aware of the rules and regulations of the Forum, BUT, (Lever) wrote about his experience of buying in Kalkan through a T female Real Estate agent recently, and after a few days this was removed - why?
Obviously, he felt it was his duty to warn other people of his experiences so they can avoid going down the same route, and we should be thankful!!!!!!
People arrive in Kalkan and it's beauty and the sun goes to their heads, some leave their brains behind!!!! I know people who have had awful experiences BUT they should take their time, dig into the legalities, check out the Tapu etc AND NOT give their money up front as some do. We Brit's are far too trusting!!!!! Some people have had their fingers burnt - badly!!!!! I know of one couple who gave the builder ALL the money upfront and you got it........2yrs later the villa is still not completed. Why do we do it, we would not do it at home, it would be the case of stage payments. I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.
Levers blog was a warning, I see no threats - just his findings and should that have been removed? I have heard from a friend that he was later picked up by the Jandarma for questioning over that blog - a little out of proportion don't you think??? The price of freedom of speech!!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8771.0
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:11:32 AM by dizzy »

Offline petergardner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: open forum????
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
Yes you are so right,that female real estate agent is most certainly a problem,but she seems to have a little bit of say or is it here jeweller husband ,but this blog will be useless if we cannot tell the truth on it,and surely if the account is proved to be true then it should go right back on to make sure that people get the facts .
I am wary now and that is a shame because Kalkan is a wonderful place ,although I understand that the guy who was taken to the Jandarma has had a lot of support in the town and in fact witness statements have been made on his behalf,I hope this is true as it will show that Turkey is a country where truth wins whether your from the UK or Turkey,
Peter

Offline dizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »
Well said Peter!!! I am refering to the open forum comment and freedom of speech and not to your personal comments of Real Estate Agents! Just to put the records straight!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:50:07 PM by dizzy »

Offline KEP

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »
Please consider what EK Safety says about this post:

"EK Safety

Our systems have detected that this topic is from the same IP address as a previously removed post by a different user account also with a post count of 1.

The content of this post should be read with caution and is currently under consideration for removal."

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »
A wise old man once said to me - remember there are 3 sides to every story, my side, your side and the truth!   ;)  ;)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline dizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
We were merely raising the question 'Is this an open forum? OR one where people have to be guarded and perhaps it's best not to make any comment for fear of upsetting certain people BUT that then, in my opinion is NOT an open forum or am I wrong??????

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
A wise old man once said to me - remember there are 3 sides to every story, my side, your side and the truth!   ;)  ;)

Agreed......... ;D
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
Well said Andrew.
IMHO this is exactly what tinternet forums are for - too many people see Kalkan through rose tinted specs and we need to know the truth about people's experiences so that we can develop our own balanced views.
Thank you for taking the time to post.

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »

Haven't we already seen all of this before??

I thought that the topic had been locked  ???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
IS THERE MUCH OPEN

Started by boro3371 on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post March 15, 2012, 07:30:23 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Who is open & who is not ?

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

27 Replies
Last post December 05, 2008, 09:00:53 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Hotels still open

Started by Sandancer on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 02:52:04 PM
by baclava
xx
U.S.Open Tennis

Started by newballs on The Everything Else Area!

81 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 01:09:15 PM
by Sheez

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal