Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Who is open & who is not ?  (Read 6556 times)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Who is open & who is not ?
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
Which bars,eating places ect are staying open over winter,and if anyone is in kalkan at the moment,do
they know if pasha bar is open ,Yusuf told me he was opening all thru the winter .

Neil. >:D :angel:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2589.0
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Who is open & who is not ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
Hi Neil - well last week, Pasha was still open and Yes - they did say they were still open - just seating inside - nothing outside - but it was DEAD..!!  The usuals are open all winter they told me, IBO, Aubergine, Trio, Ali Babas, Deli Deli, Kaya, Altantis, Kleo bar, Cati, Bezirgans kitchen, Omar and probably loads more that have momentarily escaped the brain cells...!!  So enough feeding and drinking stations me-thinks!!   ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »
Istanbul and Iso''s kitchen were also open as at last Friday (7 Nov) and I think La Terraza but otherwise I think Felicity''s list about covers it!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
La Terazza told us in July that they would open weekends only during the winter. They have loads of inside space.

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »
LOTS of restaurants will tick over with a skeleton staff this winter and will come to life more over the New Year period, when staff return from their time off and bayram breaks with families after what''s proved to be a very long season. I know that Trio has its winter cover over the seating area now and has moved the bar; it will be very cosy inside in the colder/rainier weather (as opposed to romantic but freezing cold at night outside by the harbour, like it was last week!!) Sofra is also a lovely place for a winter meal in our opinion - we like eating on the roof but under cosy cover! Cati remains a firm favourite with us as they dish up great Turkish food (and even deliver when I''m feeling lazy!) with...erm...football thrown in twice a week at least...which, when your OH is a Fenerbahce fanatic, can only be a good thing!! I''m sure everyone has their favourite places, too, but my point is that there is still plenty going on in Kalkan for those fortunate enough to be able to visit off-season. You lucky lucky people! :D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »
i''m not sure skeleton staff is a sign of good food!! :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
Sure it is, it shows the food is so good, there are no "left-overs" for them ;D

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »
Having managed to put on 4 pounds in one week after gorging myself on the finest Kalkan has to offer, any sign of a skeleton would be fantastic!! :D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
I recall that Tekin was planning to keep Cinar''s open (behind Yali supermarket).

I missed the Superliga results last weekend, having been concentrating fully on my resurgent Spurs.  4-1 to Fenerbahçe?  Disaster!  As a fan of Cimbom, as directed by my brothers-in-law, that''s a shocker.  That said, I was supporting Fener last week, but that was only because of who they played in the UEFA Chumps League.  Roll on Kalkanspor''s elevation to the top level.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
I really hope Tekins new venture takes off...we like Tekin and the Cinar ....but it was quiet when we were there end june /start july.... i look forward to quaffing some Efes next time we are out...hope he keeps going over winter ;)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
I find it interesting that so many places are staying open this year, albeit at week-ends in some cases.
I regard it as an indication that they are responding to the needs of residents, owners and holidaymakers, continuing to stay and visit Kalkan throughout the "off-season" months and that seems to me to be a positive thing.
Yes, we know there is noisy, dirty building work going on, but the same can be said of lots of other resorts the world over.
A couple of years ago we would not have considered visiting Kalkan at this time of year, but now find the thought more and more appealing. If we can find a cheapish flight in the New Year, we may decide to come.
I hope you will continue to give us regular updates on who is open and indeed anything else going on in Kalkan to help tempt us to visit during the winter months.

Thanks
Joan

Offline Marni

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »
I know this is a little bit off topic but following on from Joan''s post.....

Can anyone tell us how much building work is going on this year?  The thing that has put us off visiting during the Winter months over the last couple of years has been the building work.  We would love some winter sun (after skiing!) and would definitely make our first visit of the year earlier if there is less building.

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
Villa Marni - in answer to your question there seems to be little building going on at the moment, at least as far as I can tell  from the noise. Some winters it has seemed like the there was building going on in every direction with the tak tak tak sound of the pneumatic woodpecker ricocheting off the mountain sides. This year though there is little noise and what there is seems to be at some distance from the town centre.
In answer to questions about what is open - there are quite a number of restaurants open down in the harbour, Aubergine, Pala, Trio, the kebab house and Marina for example. Also Akin restaurant and cafe Zula are open too. A lot more shops are also staying open as well for example Vessila and Brako, Pandora, A la Turka, Bilabong, Åžeyma, Quik Silver and Ramo the jewellers to name but a few. So you see there really is life in Kalkan after October the 31st.
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »
Thanks for that Saskia,
interesting and encouraging that some of the shops that normal shut are staying open. Yet another indication that Kalkan is slowly turning to an all year round destination.
Joan

Offline Marni

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »
Hi Saskia - thanks very much for the update

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
just been informed that there is to be a "new" restaurant opening next week in the village. it is where arena was it is being run by two ex employees of samira deluxe. (they have taken out a lease on it) it should be open on monday and will be called BHARAT RESTAURANT AND BAR .  would be interested on any feedback if anyone tries it.

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
I seems that one of the regular and, in my opinion, better all year round restaurant/bars has been missed out of the previous lists. The Kaya restaurant/bar, complete with log fire, will again provide a warm and friendly refuge.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »
I can tell you where there is a place open, all year round, never closes, not even when everyone''s had enough.....the O/H''s north and south ! ha ha ha   love her really......
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »
But does she come "complete with log fire" LOL

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 08:57:06 AM »
Back on track..................... Pasha bar is closed up I afraid with newspaper over the windows!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
IS THERE MUCH OPEN

Started by boro3371 on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post March 15, 2012, 07:30:23 AM
by chrissy1
xx
open forum????

Started by dizzy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post December 09, 2011, 08:50:43 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Hotels still open

Started by Sandancer on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 02:52:04 PM
by baclava
recycled
Open golf - TV or not TV?

Started by BearsdenTony on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2009, 09:56:33 PM
by BearsdenTony

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal