Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant prices  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Christelle1967

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Restaurant prices
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
Hello everyone
Could anyone give me specific examples of prices in Kalkan please.  I see references to how expensive Kalkan is and to be honest it is putting me off booking a little but I can not find any specific reference to costs.  I would like to know the 'average' price in TLira for mezze starter, traditional casserole main, steak main, Efes etc.  My husband and myself eat out for every meal on holiday and are used to paying around 10-12 TL each for breakfast, approx 8-10 TL for individual starters, we were paying 15 TL for mezze for two in Turunc in July.  Casserole meals were around 20-28 TL each and steaks around the same.  Efes was 4-5 TL depending on whether it was large or small.  A bottle of white wine was 28-30 TL and a glass 7TL.  Ice coffee or frappe was around 5-6 TL.  The taxi boat to the next resort was 15 TL each return and the sunbeds were 7TL for two with umbrella.  I am aware that 'expensive' is very subjective so would like to know how comparable these prices are to those in Turunc.  Thank you

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8396.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Restaurant prices
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
Hi C'1967,

You could be quoting Kalkan prices, give or take a bit here and there.   So no need to worry.    Anyway, in my veiw, if Kalkan is a tad pricey to other Turkish resorts we have no real concern or problem with it, we just call it........our paradise tax  8) 8) 8)

Kalkan really is a wonderful place, I'm sure you will love it as most people seem to do.... be great to read your take on Kalkan and its prices ! on your return ?
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »
Slighty more expesive but when you take everything into account its not........Trio, Coast Sunset Kosk,and Gironda's are my favorites and I feel still fantastic value for money....... ;D ;D ;D

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »
I would say Kalkan is slightly more expensive too - but there's not much in it, perhaps add a couple of lira onto the steak price (depending on where you have it).  Efes, wine and starters about the same, meze maybe a little more in Kalkan and the sunbeds and brollies on the beach are the same, a bit more expensive at some of the beach clubs but you get cushions on the beds there. 

Well worth the prices in my opinion.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:32 PM »
I would say the Turunc prices are about the same but I would imagine that the standard in Kalkan is a little higher because of all the competition (I have also been to Turunc and I thought it was a little more expensive than Kalkan depending where you eat.) Hope that helps.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
There is a range of prices and the cheaper restaurants will be less than the prices you give. The very best restaurants will be ever so slightly more. The boats to most of the beach clubs don't charge.
I'm sure you will love it and will love the quality of the eating establishments.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
If you like kebab, you can eat in town at Hünkar for TL 20 pp (inc 1 beer, 1 soft drink).  In Islamlar you can eat an even bigger meal for the same:  TL 20-24 pp.  A few nights ago we drove out to Gumusun outdoor restaurant on the Kas road, about 3 km from Kalkan.  We had great grilled sea bream, a few meze on the house, salad, beer and a soft drink, 25 TL pp.  But in town the prices are double.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Christelle1967

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
Thank you for all of the information.  I have now booked an apartment alongside/associated with the Nur hotel.  I have never booked this far in advance before but I am looking forward to it and not as worried as before.  Thanks again

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
Nice little apartments..2 mins from restaurants and supermarkets....1 min from Omars Kitchen where you won't break the bank and of course the Thursday market ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »
We don't bother with starters as almost every place you eat in bring you a liittle free starter. Amongst my favourites are Olive Garden (who also give you free mini desserts) and Oz Adana.
We've just returned from being there with 5 adults...ate really well and came home with enough money for the two big adults to go back again in oooh about a month ;D ;D
Don't worry, you'll have a fab time and as BL says, great location for your choice of apartments.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline davenottm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
Nice little apartments..2 mins from restaurants and supermarkets....1 min from Omars Kitchen where you won't break the bank and of course the Thursday market ;)

Apologies to all for going off-topic a little, but the mention of Omar's kitchen made me smile - we had been to the market (there were eight of us) and we wanted to get some lunch. We went into Omar's and sat down and said that we would like a drink before ordering any food. We finished our drinks and asked to look at the menu. When we had decided what we wanted, we asked to order some food but the menus were snatched from us with a loud "no food - too busy!"  Now it did take us a little while to "get" the Turkish sense of humour, but this really threw us, until it became apparent that they really were not going to take our order!

Back on topic again - this year was our first visit to Kalkan (it won't be our last) and we have been bemused by all the talk of prices. We found all prices everywhere to be very reasonable for both food and drink. Main courses averaged 24TL including accompaniments and we paid between 5TL and 6TL for a large Efes in restaurants. A bottle of Majestic was around 24TL (although yes, it was a little galling to buy the same bottle for the villa from the supermarket for 12TL!). The best price for a large Efes that we found was 3.75TL at Foto's Pizza.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant Prices

Started by misty on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2012, 09:30:11 PM
by caradog
xx
Restaurant prices

Started by merseydave on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

38 Replies
Last post May 01, 2011, 04:59:32 PM
by Charlie
xx
Help with restaurant & bar prices please :-)

Started by Agent Ottoman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

29 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 09:31:09 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Restaurant, cafes, prices and a bit of perspective....

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

29 Replies
Last post April 25, 2013, 04:24:29 PM
by Sandancer

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal