Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant prices  (Read 8703 times)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Restaurant prices
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
As a trained chef (now farmer) and person who trained chefs in France and Germany let me throw my two pennyworth into the pot. Any restaurant in the world can make a cock up. We all make mistakes in our own work or are responsible for others working for you. Good restaurants will accept your complaint with disappointment, that they have not met your expectations and would wish to try to put it right. All customers should allow them to try. If they put it right by replacement within an agreed time, it should be considered successful. If that is not possible but they are clearly sorry that your experience has not met your expectations and they wish to compensate you it, it should be accepted and they may well deserve another chance without condeming them. If they are not bothered, rude in any form you will not return and they have lost. Their main goal is to make sure customers are happy with what they have provided so that you will return and are not going to tell others that you had a poor experience there. A dissatisfied customer costs restaurants many more times the cost of any meal in bad publicity. Highly satisfied customers return and bring with them more business. Even talking to them about the make up of a dish can help them make improvements. Good chefs will always consider how to improve their work but it should be done in a considered manner. I have talked to 2 chefs in Kalkan and have said I enjoyed their food but have asked them to consider making a pepper steak with brandy and cream (fresh, cheaper, and done to order in a minute) instead of using a packet. I mentioned that it would meet more customers expectations and bring in more business. Neither took offence and said they would try it........ I have also paid the bill, left and told them we would not be returning after they were offensive when we were discussing a complaint that they clearly could not make their minds up whether they wanted to put it right. They will have lost thousands since that issue. In kalkan last year I had a steak that when the waiter asked us if everything was ok, I said that it was nice but my steak was a little over cooked for rare. He asked if he could replace it and that it would be just 3 minutes. I agreed and it was perfect. Later he insisted that we had desserts on the house because my food was little behind the time of my friends. Their attitude and care was spot on and we returned twice. Its right to complain if somethings not correct or any establishment will become complacent, but do it right and let them try to put it right.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Been on this forum for a good few years now and this post from Ray is possibly the most sensible and well-thought-out I have ever seen.  Sorry if this upsets others but that's life.  Chef to farmer is an interesting career change!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
I have a very large poster in my office at the back of my retail establishment.  A stunning picture of two lions, with the tag line "The Customer is King"!   How true!    :)     (Except when they are being totally unreasonable, which can happen very often, normally when they are in the wrong, and they know it)   Slight run-in with an irate person last week, took me ages to point out that I have never stocked this product, but would attempt to help them if I could.  Another mouthful of abuse before they stormed out.   I can see it from both sides, as a business owner and a customer in my leisure time.   There will always be "unconstructive" moaners, a way of life for them - but I, for one, welcome constructive criticism to improve the level of service I can offer.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »

Bang on Maryjane the customer is king...the final inspector etc etc............. ;)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »
Cheers Eniste............sick of running a college faculty for 23 years and taking so much shit. Now I just take it to the muckheap. Bang on Mariejane and Misty.......Ultimately the customer is king.......unless your one of mine......then they go missing in the muckheap....just joking.

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
OPPS.....sorry...Maryjane. (bugger, bet I get a complaint now) compensation will be...free horse shit for life.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:43 AM »
Apology accepted ;)   Spent many years muckiing out my horses, so I have to refuse your kind offer :laugh:

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
Big shout out to Cenk and the team at Parc for providing a lovely Royal Wedding buffet for around 40.  Beautiful day and sausage rolls to die for.  Well done all!  Any Facebook users can see some photos on Parc Kalkan's page.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
Have just looked at the menu prices for Parc Kalkan and they seem pretty high. Are these average or indicative prices?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »
I've just had a quick look at the menu on their website and I think the prices are about in the middle - there are cheaper and there are more expensive restaurants.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 06:13:05 AM »
Thankyou turkeyfan, I wonder then if anyone can recommend some of the cheaper restaurants, as like many others we are on a tighter budget this year, thanks.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:27 AM »
A selection of the more economical restaurants are :-

Alibaba (left on road to Old Town below roundabout) - Turkish fare/lokanta
Ayse's Kitchen (at bus station) - Turkish fare/lokanta
Chillies (off Kalamar road) - pides/pizzas/wraps/casseroles
Ibo Kebab house (left on road up to bus station) - Kebab dishes/lokanta
Kosem Pilicevi (overlooking main roundabout) - spit roast chicken, eat in or takeaway
Merkez (Old Town below Olive garden) - wide selection but best pizzas in town, great for people watching !
Oz Adana (round corner from Kaya) - stone oven, pides & pizzas

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
Our favorite is Foto's pizza - this is the closest to authentic Italian pizza.  On the left going down hill to marina.  Eat there or call to have it delivered.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »

Tf you take a trip out visit Patara Tlos is a great place for lunch, really good food at very low prices.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
If you drive to Patara beach can you drive back up to the village and then back to the beach without paying twice?
Not that I'm a tight ass or owt but every lira counts!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
Thank you folks for those suggestions they are very helpful. One of the other reasons I asked about prices is that I ate in the Olive Garden last June and I think the prices seem comparable.
Tlos sounds good Blue Lizard has given it a good review but as we we won't have a car it will have to remain out of reach  :(

Offline maria

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »
Hello not anything to do with restaurant prices But if you pay to visit Patara Beach,tell the man you will revisit within 7 days,your name taken=receipt issued , Seven days access to an amazing beach for the same price as one day? unless Rules have changed from 2010 

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I think it has changed for this year, we visited a couple of weeks ago and as well as the ticket price going up from 2TL to 5TL it now states that it is only valid for a single entry.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:41:21 PM by alantj »

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »
ticket only valid for single entry last September, unless you were staying in the village of Patara.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant prices

Started by Christelle1967 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 02:32:39 PM
by davenottm
xx
Restaurant Prices

Started by misty on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2012, 09:30:11 PM
by caradog
xx
Help with restaurant & bar prices please :-)

Started by Agent Ottoman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

29 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 09:31:09 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Restaurant, cafes, prices and a bit of perspective....

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

29 Replies
Last post April 25, 2013, 04:24:29 PM
by Sandancer

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal