Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Path from Patara Prince  (Read 4202 times)

Offline underthesky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Path from Patara Prince
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
Hi there

I was wondering whether anyone knew if the path linking Patara Prince Resort and the town has been completed yet?

It is my first trip to Kalkan this year (and Turkey!) and have been reading up on everything - can't wait to go!!

Thanks for your help ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7843.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Path from Patara Prince
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:01:25 AM »
I walked on the pathway from the end of the beach to Palm Beach Club area yesterday and I guess you can then carry on to Patara.
The climb is quite steep and the path very slippery and covered in loose stones at the moment but is still work in progress (although not seen any progress lately)
So it can be used but very carefully and certainly not at night.
Will keep you posted of any progress.

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:56:34 AM »
From the Palm you have to walk up to the new Kisla service road to get the rest of the way to Patara, so there isn't a purpose made path as such.......yet!!

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »
Hi, we have just returned from beautiful Kisla and I can confirm that the path is walk-ablealong into Kalkan. (15mins).   We walked every moring from Kisla along the path which does have loose stones/small rocks but the path is very wide so stones can be avoided and it makes a great walk early in the morning with the sun rising behind you.  Some good views for pic's and to admire snake island.  Once in Kalkan after a short shop we caught the Kalkan Beach Club boat to Kisla where a ticket is 4lire and this entitles you to use their sunbeds free and 4lire off a drink or food.  We made good friends there and will be back again in Oct.  So get walking.....  You will love it. Zros

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
Zros, did you walk all the way along the new service road from Kisla to Kalkan or did you join the path that joins Palm Beach to the town beach half way along your walk? Just wondering in terms of time how long it might have taken you to cut down to Palm Beach then walk along from there?
thanks
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »
Hello, we started on the beginning of the path at Patara end and walked all the way into Kalkan.   Half way along the path I saw the slip path to Palm Beach which looked very uneven and steep.  I did not want to walk down it so we continued on the top path into Kalkan.  From start to finish it to 15-20mins this was about 9.15 am just as the sun was rising. It was our daily exercise before lazing on the beach. Flat shoes is a must and a bottle of water. Keep away from the road side as there is the occasional rock that falls!!    Hope this is helpful.   8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
thanks, zros. Are there any vehicles using the service road? Still sounds as though it hasn't been surfaced yet from your description. I appreciate the separate path from Palm to the town beach is only a walkway but does anyone know if that and the new Kisla service road will eventually have lights? Just thinking of my diamante flip flops ;)

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
 We encountered a few motor cycles using the path, no cars but this was in May and I am sure more cycles will take the short cut in favour of using the D400 main road.   I was pleasantly pleased with the path and felt quite safe as for the last 3 years we had used the D400 road to walk from Kisla to Kalkan, a very nervy experience.
You are correct, the path has not been surfaced and won't now till November ready for 2012.  I have a couple of pic's of the road I will download to the gallery now.  Happy Walking. Zros

I have just downloaded 3 photo's of the path which clearly shows the surface, the lights are along the main D400 road so not good to walk along the path at night.  Let me know how you find the walk. Zros
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:45:02 PM by zros »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
Cheers, zros. I'll take a look at the pics. I think the service road is meant for cars as well once its been completed, so might be different next year. We always used a torch when walking back to Kormurluk on the main road, so once the surface is ok we'll probably use it at night with a trusty maglite. We had a go walking along it last year but it was a bit rocky to say the least :)

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
We've had an early report from guests of ours that there is enough light from the D400 to mean that you don't need torches when walking home along the 'upper' Komerluk service road - can't speak for the lower one. 

Shame that you say it won't be surfaced til Nov - can anyone else confirm that? I imagine a downpoor one day and the whole lot will turn to mud - sounds like I need to walk in with the 'gardening flip flops' and a prettier pair in the bag on arrival.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
We have just come back from Patara Prince and used the path every day. We walked along the upper path, and walked back at night without torches. The lights from the new road light the path up and it is only the last 50 yards that are dark.
It is a bit like walking along a pebbly beach, very safe as hardly any traffic use it. One day we went all the way down the very steep incline that led to the beach. Would not recommend this it is very steep and crumbly, probably be fine in walking boots!

Offline underthesky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
Hi everyone, thanks so much for answering. Really really can't wait to go now!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
patara prince

Started by HEATH on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 07:46:00 PM
by Chucky
xx
Patara Prince

Started by Pushkin on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2009, 02:12:13 PM
by Pushkin
xx
Patara Prince Spa - Wow!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
by Charlie
xx
Patara Prince Resort Spa

Started by suziq on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post September 17, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
by suziq

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

a misty day

Views: 1671
By: headroom
Old town backstreet