Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where is this beach?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Where is this beach?
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »
Hi,

Some years ago on our first visit to Kalkan (I think) we had a day trip and ended up in a small bay where a camel was  giving rides to tourists.

The water was very shallow and gave the impression the camel was walking on it,

Any idea  where this is>

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7398.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Where is this beach?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »
I thought someone may have been able to answer that, certainly sounds interesting

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Maybe it was an Efes induced image  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
All the years I have been coming to Kalkan I have never heard of camel rides for tourists.   
I await with interest to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard of such a thing around Kalkan.   Maybe I just missed out on hearing about this because I have been too busy sampling the local gin, wines and Efes.    Somebody has to do this work after all and I am willing to do my part while in Kalkan..............

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
It could have been fued by a large G&T.

I canno realy rember how we got there, possibly a Jeep Safari as we was not on our own, The place was not huge and I believe there was some wooden  cafe down there and of course the camel,

I will have to sort the old photographs out as I know we took some of the water and the camel,

I am also sure we have passed by this place since then . Just interested to know where it wa..probably comletely changed now!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
We will help you out Tortoiselady and do our bit when we're there in June!!Can't have you doing all that work on your own!!
Nicky

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »
If you google 'camel rides in Turkey' lots of hits come up for the rides being part of jeep safaris from Marmaris. Icmeler, Bodrum, Antalya.

Have you been anywhere else in Turkey & you're muddling your holidays??  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »
Years ago Patara had camels as you went on the beach...where the car park is now/tree where taxis park under..the old remains of a shack that is located by the toilets was a thriving cafe at this time(yummy pancakes) beach safaris used to use this cafe as a refreshment stop and parking for the beach and the amphitheatre..The camel owners used to charge to have your photo taken sitting on them as well as a ride ....I always used to feel so sorry for these camels ;) ...maybe you aren't going crackers!! :-* 
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
Thank you for coming up with the answer to the camels, blue lizard.    If it was quite a few years ago and in Patara I wouldn't have seen them.    We enjoy being in Kalkan itself so much that it took a few visits before we would go anywhere that wasn't in walking distance.
If you can find some photos to add to the gallery, BarbH, it would be great.   So far I have only seen the camels from a coach window (one of the few occasions we have torn ourselves away from Kalkan for the day).

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Orhaniye on the Bozburun Peninsula? There is a sandspit there where if you walk on it it gives the impression of walking on water. They used to have camels there too, in fact they may still do in the season. It also was a stopping point for jeep safaris.
If it was here definitely not from Kalkan, possibly you stayed in Turunc , Turgutkoy or one of the other resorts around there?
Was there on Saturday and had an amazing fish lunch at the Bourgainvil cafe, which was new last year.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
Thanks a lot for all the infirmation, yes we did have a Jeep Safari in 2002 from Icmeler, We also had a  Jeep Safari from Kalkan the year before which  is the reason I was muddled,,,my excuse!

We have found a couple of photo'

s but they were pre-digital and now have to work out how to get them onto the computer!!!!!

Another question for all you clever so and so's, why canl't I get smiley faces on my posts?

Barb

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
go into profile  (Green arrow right hand side)..click onto modify profile then onto look and layout...you will see smiley option..yours may be set at no smileys...just change it to what you like..give it a go!
                                  lizard ;)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
Thanks Blue Lizard but we still cannot get a smiley''''' think we ae jut thick!!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
BarbH, are you replying with the reply button directly under the post or in the quick reply box?  I dont have them in the quick reply but I do if I use the reply button! ;)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »
I have tried both reply buttons and still does not work.  I know I tried once to get them on Holiday Truths and  failed!

We did as Blue Lizard said and tried to change the profile but nothing, all I get is a code instead of the smley face!

I also found a photo of the camel, got it on the computer but now got to work out how to get it onto the gallery......as you can tell not computer literate...bet my youngest grandchild could fathom things out.... :

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Getting to Palm beach club and Caretta beach club?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
kalkan beach

Started by bevnneb on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post January 14, 2011, 11:37:02 AM
by Roxie
xx
Patara Beach

Started by phamer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 05:32:19 PM
by jackonews

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal