Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help, advice and wisdom needed!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline mantha38

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Help, advice and wisdom needed!
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
Hello everyone. I have been dipping in and out of this brilliant forum since my last trip to Kalkan in October. I am now going through the process of buying an apartment in the Kisla area (yay!). Things are still in the early stages and I will be coming out to Kalkan in three weeks to view building progress etc. Will anything be open in February - we're not planning to go mad but it would be nice if a few restaurants were open.
I also have to furnish the apartment and have been considering using a furniture pack company to get the majority of the items sorted. Has anyone had any experience of using a company - recommendations? I also have to purchase all the white goods and was wondering whether this would be cheaper as part of a package bundle or sourcing locally. If anyone could give me an idea of costs that would be great.
Thanks ever so much.
Sam

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7310.0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Re: Help, advice and wisdom needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:11 PM »
Hi,
Would suggest you look on this site for links and Kalkan Local Turkish News. Pm me and I will help with specfics. We bought a lounge suite at half the price quoted in Kalkan by going to Fethiye with our Turkish friend. We also went to a shop in Fethiye and bought all our white goods. We then bought our towels and sheets at the market and then had lunch at the Fish Market . I would take my time and make a list of exactly what you need. Maybe price your white goods at the Arcelick shop at the traffic lights as local servicing is always handy!
Rx

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »
Yes, definately cheaper in Fethiye, we went with Lea & Soner - had a good trundle around the shops and bought stuff much cheaper.  If you can purchase second hand even better.
Good luck with the purchase of your property - when is the housewarming? x

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
Hi Sam,  We did all this about six years ago. I don't suppose that much has changed. Certainly you must expect to pay more in Kalkan for most things. We got a lot of our stuff from Kas. No one stocks very much and that can cause problems, you go into a shop and order from their sample and you sit and wait. It seems not to occur to them that you are only there for a certain number of days and then you fly away. Their idea of prompt delivery differs greatly from ours, as do their standards of workmanship, so beware. There's a very small factory in Yesilkoy that will make all your wardrobes and dressing tables out of real wood and they will fit it for you. It's good stuff. You'll find them on the old road  going towards Dalaman on the left hand side when you are almost out of the village, They have a lot of wooden garden furniture outside.Treat all promises of "It's being put on the bus in Antalya in the morning" with a pinch of salt. If they don't have it in stock then don't buy it. Prices at the local market can be dearer than the local shops. There's a market on the old road to Yesilkoy on monday mornings that's a lot cheaper. there's also a shop called Kelebek (butterfly) a couple of miles out on the left on the Kas road that's worth a visit. You need to hire a car for a week, check the tyres for damage to the sidewalls, driving in Turkey is not a problem. Give some serious consideration to having security bars fitted to all your windows and doors, burglaries are an on going problem. If you need any more info then let me know.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
NEED at the start of the Kalamar road will order and deliver items from the Ikea catalogue for a reasonable charge. The Ikea catalogues are the same but obviously the prices are in Lira rather than sterling but you can choose from the English language catalogue and check the same item numbers on the Turkish Ikea catalogue for the cost in Lira. You can do this on-line. l think NEED have both catalogues.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
JET2 - First timer- advice needed!

Started by ShazzaA on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 09:19:57 PM
by ShazzaA
xx
Kalkan on honeymoon? Advice/help needed.

Started by Agent Ottoman on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 09:12:50 PM
by Charlie
xx
Advice needed for October weather

Started by Lola1 on Weather

5 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 11:04:04 PM
by Lola1
xx
Internet Banking - Advice needed

Started by Brandongirl on Money & Finance

4 Replies
Last post October 17, 2015, 06:33:36 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal