Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Child Friendly Kalkan - Advice needed  (Read 4959 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Child Friendly Kalkan - Advice needed
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
Hello forum need some advice plse and what better place to get it. We are thinking of bringing our Grandchildren (aged 4 and 7 years) to Kalkan next year, they are used to going all inclusive to hotels with kids clubs/entertainment etc so not sure if there will be enough to occupy them for 2 weeks. Anyone been with small children could u give me some feedback as to how child freindly Kalkan restaurants and such are and I know lots of u out there go with small children but just need some guidance please. thanks in advance for any info.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6540.0

Offline bassett

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Child Friendly Kalkan - Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
all the restaurants in kalkan welcome children but to my knowledge there are no "all inclusive" hotels here. there are a couple of parks and the kalkan beach park with the water slide. do think a lot of people with small children struggle with entertainment but children usually make friends around a pool (if you are staying in a hotel) they need to be good walkers as well as the town is so hilly.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
You should try the "waterpark" just outside Kas for the day - but generally children of that age will spend practically all day in your pool..with a few inflatables for amusement and arm bands if they're non-swimmers. Kalkan does seem more adult-orientated than most places, but the Turkish adore children and wherever you go to eat, they will make a great fuss of them. The hills are pretty tough with a pushchair though..!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »

We have been taking our grandson to Kalkan for a few years now (he is 8 ), he just loves the place, he spends hours in the pool, loved the small water park in Kas this year, he gets great treatment from all the waiters (at Ramis this year they dressed him in a waiters apron and got him to show some people up  to the terrace), he loves going to Patara, Saklikent and had a great time at Xanthos and Letoon ( he memorably said of Xanthos - ' I love this place Nan and I'm not even a geek'). He never seems to get bored and we have never had any problems taking him anywhere in the town.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
Thanks guys that's great advice and Ian sounds like yr grandson has a ball as I am sure ours will too

Chrissy

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Boat Trip boats

Views: 2526
By: Pompeyalbie
Kalkan 1999