Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Boats to Kaputas and Patara beach????  (Read 2321 times)

Offline annawiththebanner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Everything comes to those who wait!!
    • Share Post
Boats to Kaputas and Patara beach????
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »
Are there any daily boat trips to transport Kalkan visitors to Kaputas beach/Patara beach and back???
How long does it take, what time do they leave from the harbour and when do they return ???
And how much does the trip cost???
Are there any circular walks around the Kalkan area which can be done without getting togged up in walking gear???
And finally is it easy to drive on the Turkish roads at a leisurely speed say to Saklikent, Fethiye and Gocek. Which company offers the most reliable cars and how much should it cost per day???
Only 3 weeks to go and we will be in Kalkan for the fourth consecutive year. We have been so content to stay around beautiful Kalkan for our first three years but would love to venture a little further this year and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Annawiththebanner.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6321.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Boats to Kaputas and Patara beach????
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »
No boats to either place that I know of. Dolmus or taxi to both places with obviously Dolmus being cheapest :)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »
Hi Annawithhebanner - lucky you, only 3 weeks to go!
If you put "Saklikent" into the search there have been some recent threads with great info, also a discussion about doing the trip with a tour operator or by car ...
There is also a walking group I believe - JoanH will know who that is, they are very likely be able to give you gen on your "non togged up" circular walk! In fact you'll find them in a recent post - once again put "walk" into the search engine" ....
In fact I'd say use the search facility here for all your questions and for more info post a separate thread?
That's if you ever come up for air - theres so much information here - its hard not to get sidetracked ... just like being on holiday!
:)
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
anna, we've always hired cars from Abi travel - based in the village centre - it was £25 per day earlier in the season which includes insurance - you just need to put in fuel which is pretty expensive in Turkey.
For Fethiye, you could go on the bus - Bati Antalya from the bus station - 20tl return - takes about an hour and 10 mins and the timetable is available on KTLN.
We walk most days when we're in Kalkan - just in shorts and trainers (nothing too technical) we've made our own walks up going over to Kisla and back, up to the "new road" and back (fab views from the top!) - we always take in Cardiac Hill to make it a bit harder (and now the new steps that lead up from Cardiac Hill to Samira Garden Hotel)
M n M do organise proper walks on a regular basis, as the weather gets cooler - think there's one coming up if you check the announcements section.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »
I would also recommend abi travel unreservedly, very reliable and also nice people

Ruth

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Handbag cat

Views: 3043
By: saskia
kalkan cats