Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Residency costs - 2010  (Read 4166 times)

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Residency costs - 2010
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:24 AM »
Does anyone know the cost of the 1 year residency for 2010?
I've been told/read conflicting reports. Apparently, the British Conuslate at Izmir says that it's c 660 TL?
Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5088.0

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Residency costs - 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
The price of a 1 year permit has increased by a massive 56 percent taking the cost of the permit to 918 TL (588 TL in 2009).

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
Thanks Kevincat - that's outrageous! My hubbie called the Kemer office this morning, and was told that the cost is 680 lira for the permit, and 138 lira for the blue book?? Nightmare - wonder if it's different because I am married to a Turk? Who knows, probably best to get down to the office in Kemer and just take the money out from the bank when we're there...
Do you know what documents are required? Again, they have told my hubbie, but I don't trust the info as reading on other forums and via the B Embassy/Turkish Consulate, they all say different things...
Thanks

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
The cost of a residency permit for a British Citizen in Turkey  is based on a reciprocity agreement between the Turkish and UK governments. The fee for a Turkish permit is based on the price a Turkish citizen pays in the UK for similar permits.  A one year permit is 699 lira. The current information about cost on various websites is incorrect.

I collected mine last week. It was 699 lira.  If you are applying for the first time you have to pay for the Ikamet booklet, that is approx 150 lira.

A few important points if you are going for the first time.  The registration office is the Emniyent Il Mudurlugu in Kemer, approx 50 km this side of Antalya. It is not in Kemer itself but located on a left hand turn at the second junction signposted Kemer on the main road into Antalya.  There is  a large leather outlet on the corner. The Emniyet is about 200 metres along this road on the left.

The office closes at 12.00 and is not open in the afternoon, so you must get there in plenty of time as you have to register, complete the paperwork, go to the other side of Kemer to the Maliye (ministry of Finance office about 2 Km from the registration office) to pay, (cash only and only TL) get a stamped receipt and then take that back to the registration office before it closes. Sometimes you can wait up to an hour in the Maliye if it is a busy period, so factor that it when you are planning. We left Kalkan at 07.00 and had finished the process by 11.40.

The documentation you will need is your passport and photocopies of the information pages, 4 photographs.  Your current Turkish bank account statements showing you have sufficient funds to support yourself ( a minimum of $300 per month for each month of the visa period)

Proof of address and property ownership if you own property here.  Proof of address is utility bills in the name of the person applying for the residency. (originals and photocopies).  If you are married and the bills are in your partners name, you must take your marriage certificate (original and photocopies)  The same applies to bank accounts if you are married and do not have sufficient funds in your own account.

Your Turkish tax number.

On arrival you have to complete an application form which is in English.  The staff are friendly and helpful but do not speak English.

Once you have done this, it takes 3 to 5 working days for the permit to be ready and you have to go again to Kemer in person to sign for it.

Whilst all this might sound quite difficult and long winded the process of registration a Turkish citizen faces when applying for a British visa or residency permit is ten times more long winded and considerably more costly.

Good luck with your application.

Will

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »
I just took this posting from another Turkish forum

'FROM TODAY THE 1ST MARCH RESIDENCE PERMITS ARE IN POUND STERLING AND PUT IN INTO THE TURKISH LIRA AT THE DAY'S EXCHANGE RATE.
I WAS IN THE HARBOUR POLIS OFFICE THIS MORNING AT 10AM WHEN 2 ENGLISH PERSONS GOT THE SHOCK OF THEY LIFE'S,ONE YEAR FROM TODAY,AT TODAYS EXCHANGE RATE IS 906.50 TURKISH LIRA PER PERSON (FACT), FOR A ONE YEAR RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS'

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 01:32:30 AM »
Will
Is the amont that you need in a Turkish Bank in TL to the value of £300 per month not $US
I thought that it was $600 US per month !

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 05:10:09 AM »
It is true that it is based on reciprocity, except that in the UK that entitles you to several benefits. I am not sure what benefits are gained by paying for residency in Turkey. I have residency but I am seriously considering my options next time round.

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »
Thanks again to all.
Will - did you download the document on the KLTN website (Declaration of residence permit form)? It says you have to take 2 copies of this with you, is that correct?
My hubbie spoke to the office in Kemer this morning and they told him 699 TL as well, so that checks out.
I have two accounts with Yapi Kredi here, do I take both of them - one is TL, the other is sterling. Between the two accounts, I have more than enough to cover the funds requirement, but not sure if I have enough in the TL account right now, and don't really want to exchange more £ unless I have to as the X rate is so awful at the moment. (NB the office in Kemer didn't mention the bank statement, nor the tax number, as I am married to a Turk, I wonder if that makes any difference??)

Now apologies, but I am going to go off on a bit of a rant!......the reciprocal agreement stuff is load of old tosh. That may be how the Turkish authorities choose to dress it up. I know this having gone through the process of visa/residency applications for my hubbie in the UK, and knowing many friends that have done the same. My husband applied for residency in the UK after entering on a 2 year spouse's visa, which cost £250 at the time. The residency cost £500, and whilst I know that the cost has increased to c £750, the big difference is that a residency visa in the UK is for life - it's indefinite leave to remain. So once you've got it, that's it, you don't pay any more. Plus you are entitled to all state benefits, plus you can work with no restrictions. c £400 to stay in Turkey for one year??? Plus you have to apply for a work permit seperately, which is very costly, and very difficult to obtain....so I really don't see how the Turkish authorities can justify this.

Don't get me wrong, I love Turkey, and have chosen to live in Kalkan now, but the bureaucracy and double standards do really wind me up!

Think I need a raki now to calm me down...!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:17:25 AM »
...or a decaff tea? ;D ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
Very good!! That made me laugh!
Maybe I'll be daring and risk having a full caffeine version for once...

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
This week it cost me 950 lira and I already have an ikamet book!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
Balklavabuddy - so why do it -why nopt go to Meis until the whole thing is sorted out?

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »
It's a long story KC

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Residency Costs

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 10:30:38 AM
by amber
xx
2 bedroomed apartment required from July 8th 2010 until 24th August 2010

Started by thelippys on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 12:01:55 PM
by thelippys
xx
Residency

Started by Linda Davies on Living In Kalkan

8 Replies
Last post September 11, 2012, 08:27:59 AM
by samson
xx
Changes to residency

Started by chickengeorge on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2016, 11:33:11 AM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Mountain stream

Views: 3493
By: Babadag
Harbour at sunset