Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I am a newby - and Gym question  (Read 3116 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I am a newby - and Gym question
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
Hi all I am a new Kalkan junkie cannot get enough of this website, we are coming on Thurs 26th Aug for the very first time and am soooooo excited. We only got into Turkey couple of years ago after going to Cala D'or in Majorca for the last 12 years but this place looks and sounds like heaven. Can't wait to try all the restaurants you guys have all written about. I am coming armed with a little black note book so we know where to go how sad am I. My OH likes to work out every day and I see there is a gym near to where we are staying (Nur Hotel) does anyone know if you can use it on a daily basis and how much it costs. I really hope all my expectations are gonna come true cos it sounds like paradise and if it is we will be back next year hopefully for 3 weeks. :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6217.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: I am a newby - and Gym question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Hi Chrissy!
Welcome to the Forum!
I stayed at the Nur last year and went for a look around the gym. I felt tired looking at all the kit!!
No, seriously, it looks good, think it now has AC and I would be very suprised if you cant go in on a daily basis. Someone will come along shortly and tell us, I'm, sure.

If you put "Gym" into the "SEARCH" facility above, you will see the various posts about this over the last year or two.

Hope you have a great time in Kalkan, and please come back on and tell us all about the gym!

cheers

Antler

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
Thanks Antler I sure someone will let us know and I will come back on after our hols not that i will be seeing the inside of the gym lol I be lazing round the pool stressing bout where to eat that night yummy!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
Hi Chrissy

Yes, you can pay by session at the gym or you can buy a week's sessions in advance. At least you could last year and I don't think it's changed much since then. It's also literally a stone's throw from the Nur (we have apartments at the back of the Nur)... will next be going on 4th September so if you are there for more than a week we'll probably see you at the Nur bar (while you recover from the gym).

cheers

Martyn

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
Thanks Martyn yeah we there for 2 weeks until 9 sept so could possibly bump into u at the bar - not literally I hope lol. My OH will be pleased bout the gym then

take care
Chrissy

Offline stubbsy13

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
Hi, I am also new to this site and am off to Kalkan in September. Is the gym far away from the Kelebek Hotel by anychance?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:53 AM »
No - not too far or too steep from Kelebek - you sort of need to cut through the back streets headed for the Yali complex (big white building housing Deniz bank) and the gym is there...it is sort of 'as the crow' flies from your hotel..but unless you know Kalkan quite well - you might be better first time to come down to Kaya/Teskom roundabout and then turn up the market road - then on the way back - sure you can find a more direct route!

Enjoy!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »
Come out of the lower Kelebek entrance, turn right, first left into Ortaokul Caddessi, 2nd right. At the next junction (Is bank on your right)  the yalihan complex is straight ahead, the gym is at the back of this

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
Gosh didn't realise so many people think bout goin to the gym on hols - I thought it was just my sad husband ha ha Don't work too hard if u do go - anyone any idea how much it costs.

Thanx

Offline stubbsy13

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »
Thanks for the help, its very much appreciated. Going on holiday for 2 weeks before my rugby season probably wasn't the best idea, so I need to stay in shape just a little bit.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
...You don't really need a gym in Kalkan - the hills are enough exercise for anyone. Try running up cardiac hill and then up the steps by the Mediteranean Apartments/Samira Gardens a few times in a circuit - now that's a work out and a half :)
Weights...? A couple of 3l water bottles will do the trick.
Kalkan is the only holiday I go on and actually lose weight, despite eating and drinking to a ridculous excess :-[
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Ha Ha .......Stay in shape for rugby??????? don't you have to be big and round?..get some Efes down your neck instead..it's effortless and loads more fun!! ;) ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Newby

Started by sturdysteve on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post January 29, 2011, 11:29:39 AM
by clara 50
recycled
Another question....!!!

Started by Aislinn on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 07, 2008, 08:50:33 PM
by Aislinn
smiley
Hello & a question !

Started by loobs40 on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 06:42:08 PM
by amber
xx
A question for the blokes.............

Started by pw on General Discussion

28 Replies
Last post April 06, 2012, 07:48:23 PM
by cleworthallray

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal