Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lost Wallet  (Read 5623 times)

baklavabuddy

baklavabuddy
Lost Wallet
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »
My friend is visiting and yesterday morning he took a stroll around the town. When he came to use his wallet it was gone! he came back and cancelled his cards and we called a couple of places to see if it had been found, but no joy.

Off we went to report it to the Jandarma; they were very helpful, and five minutes later a scooter arrived from Doy Doy, with one untouched wallet. Everything was there, including the cash.

Thanks to Doy Doy and the Jandarma, and whoever handed in the wallet

BB

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6029.0

Offline Lancs lass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Lost Wallet
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:35:15 AM »
Love hearing stories like this about Kalkan (especially after a few bad ones recently). Last time we were there some fellow guests had left their camera in the phone box near the harbour, when they went back to look for it, somebody had handed it in at the shop opposite and they were watching out for them, brilliant!!

I left my camera on a coach in Crete, never to be seen again and IN THIS COUNTRY my boyf left his mobile in a taxi and when he rang to cancel there was a £200 bill for calls to Islamabad!!  ::)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »
One of our guests left the apartment keys down by the harbour and when he went back they were exactly where he left them although they were in a very visible place seen by lots of people.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »
Stories like these just make you realise that there are some truly decent people out there thank goodness. Last year my husband didn't realise he'd left his hat on the table in one of the restaurants, it was only a cheap old baseball hat one of his old favourites. The young waiter working there must have ran like the clappers all the way up the hill through the old town so he could catch up with us to return it. How kind and thoughful that was!

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 12:50:22 PM »
I left my shoulder bag hanging on the back of a chair in Kaptans Wine and Tapas and it had my passport, money and camera with all my precious Kalkan photos.  I was halfway up Kalamar Road before I realised I'd left it but as I turned to go back I almost bumped into one of the waiters running towards me with it!  What a relief and another example of the honesty that warms the heart.

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
This sounds like the Kalkan we all know and love.....

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
We saw a note on the ATM by Mussaka saying a credit card had been left in the machine and could be collected from Desti's Bookshop :)
I've known waiters chase after us with my pashmina...so its not just valuables.
Have to say, I have been fortunate enough to have my purse handed in, completely intact, in the UK. However, when we were in Manhattan a few years ago we found a wallet in the street and tried to hand it to a policeman who didn't want to know. We took it back to our hotel and gave it to the Concierge - who was totally non-plussed! Not sure if it ever got back to its owner but we tried ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maria

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
last year the couple staying in the villa next to us left their bag with everything in at Aubergine after  a lovely lunch!! they did not even realise until one of the waiters appeared on the beach with it, he had spent ages looking for them,they were amazed.

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
This year a friend that joined us on holiday for the first time in kalkan lost her mobile phone whilst on a trip to Kas ,Via the Dolmus . she didnt realize untill we had returned back to the hotel later on in the evening .so the next morning we went down to the Dolmus station ,after a few phone calls by one of the drivers to find out which bus we had traveled in ,we found the phone on the seat where she had been sitting.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »
last year the couple staying in the villa next to us left their bag with everything in at Aubergine after  a lovely lunch!! they did not even realise until one of the waiters appeared on the beach with it, he had spent ages looking for them,they were amazed.

It must indeed have been a lovely lunch, if they left their bag behind!
My OH is always leaving his keys on restaurant tables and waiters always run after him (the guys from Moonlight even tracked us down to the restaurant at which we were having dinner one year!)

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
I have lots of lovely examples of the sincerity and honesty of the Turkish people in Kalkan ( and the Turkish people generally!). But I have to say, going on this site has cost me money, that I didn't anticipate paying (so soon.. October, maybe!)!!! I read all your comments today, looked at the grey clouds here in Wales and said to myself "sod this" and booked a late one! Now I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step, because we're coming out next week! Wow! I love Kalkan ....6th time in twelve months!!!

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
Jean is that you ( rocykalamar)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
if that is you jean, can you not be content with making me and soph Jealous on F/B LOL

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
Rockykalamar I know what you mean about this site costing you money. We only came back three weeks ago and after going on this site for my fix and again like you looking at the depressing grey Welsh skies I said to my hubby joking, get on the net and book us a villa. The wrong thing to say to my other half as he loves the place. Within a couple of hours he'd booked the villa, flights, insurance, parking, jeep, the works! We'll be there in a couple of weeks for a fortnight. Impulsive or what, think the family think we're nuts and of course we're spending their inheritance :o LOL! Well Rockykalamar have a great time and save some Efes for us!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
We saw a man on a moped go over a bump and lose his mobile phone....a turkish teenager picked it up and took it into Omars where we were supping a quiet one....he spent the next hour trying to contact the man through his numbers which he did eventually...would that happen where i live? ....   i don't think so
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Lost wallet

Started by Haybo on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2015, 08:58:06 PM
by Haybo
xx
Lost Wallet

Started by magic3 on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 07:15:54 PM
by magic3
xx
Lost wallet

Started by Tatilde on The Everything Else Area!

2 Replies
Last post October 09, 2013, 06:50:15 PM
by Tatilde
xx
Lost Wallet Update

Started by magic3 on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post June 24, 2015, 10:25:30 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour2

Views: 4400
By: irfan
kalkan sunset.JPG