Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First time in kalkan  (Read 5148 times)

Offline try2010

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First time in kalkan
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »
Got a 2 week break in kalkan booked for september, and trying to figure out a budget for money, any ideas as to how much to take??

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6027.0

Offline HoneyBunny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: First time in kalkan
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
Hi try2010! Sure you will get widely differing replies here - suppose depends on what you are going to do whilst there. For me. we were staying in a villa for 2 weeks - 7 of us in total. Me and my partner took £500 each; we ate out 7 nights (places such as Kalamaki, Sandal, Aubergine, Nar, Kosk, Saffron) - usually a couple of courses each with wine for me and beer for him - plus coctails a couple of times!. Also put into house kitty every couple of days for water, snacky foods, beer, wine etc. Got taxis down to town - and back! nights we went out. Did private boat hire (divided amongst the seven of us) and taxi to Patara beach and back. Bought few things at market (t-shirts, pasminas, knickknacks). Out of the £1000 we brought back just under £300, so not bad we thought.

Hope this helps and have a brilliant holiday! Jealous just doesn't describe it!!

Offline Lancs lass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:41:32 AM »
Very hard to judge how much spending money you would need as everyone spends so differently and Kalkan for the most part, is quite expensive. This year we are staying in apartment so will hopefully be able to save a bit by not buying lots of drinks by the hotel pool and having more snacks at home.

Two years ago me and my boyfriend spend about £1200 (no change left) between us for the fortnight staying B&B.  It included meals every night, snacks in the day, about 3 days at beach clubs and a couple of trips. That's not splashing out on the best restaurants every night, or buying handbags and jewellery  :'(  We do like a good drink, but wine and cocktails are pricey (shame as I can't stand beer), no taxis or car hire. Hope that gives you a very rough idea.
So just goes to show the variation - previous poster spent £700 in a fortnight and us over £1000, eeek! Oh well, we are on hoilday! Only 3 weeks to get some more spends saved up!!  ;)

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:35:50 AM »
If you read a post on July 20th in Holiday reports titled "wow just wow" by ed2 he and his girlfriend had a fab week's holiday and started off with £380 each. After paying for their airport car parking and their visa's they struggled to spend all their money (although they tried hard) and as someone else has posted after trhis report they could teach me a lot about budgeting. Again it shows that you can do Kalkan cheaply and still enjoy it.

M

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
Sorry miss read I think it says that he and his girlfriend set off with £380!!!!

M

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »
Yes, it was £380 between them, not each!!! I'm in awe...I can spend that in Nuri's bag shop :o

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline dylanleeds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »
Hi me and my wife got back from our honeymooon in Kalkan on Sunday (on time and with goldtrail) and in 2 weeks we spent £1200. We hired a jeep for 2 days that was 50quid and the fuel is dearer than england. We also went to fetiye and kas (which we considered a little bit cheaper).We ate in some nice places that were expensive (saffron) and some where the quality was good for half the price (Zula). Expect to pay 5lira for a large Efes but in some bars 3.5 lira but not many. The butchers is good value for meat if you want to do your own BBQ. To say we spent £1200 we didnt want for nothing.
Hope this helps and have a great time

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
This topic is always interesting. We stay in our own villa and spend approx.£1,000 per fortnight, sometimes we come home with some money other times not. We have breakfast on the terrace, rarely have lunch because of the heat. Eat out every night at varied restaurants from expensive to cheaper, we only ususally have a main course with drinks. Occassionally we include a starter. Smetimes drinks after a meal, in town, otherwise at home on the terrace. Usually spend a day or two on Patara beach plus a boat trip.

My son and his girlfriend who have just returned (stayed in the villa) spent £300 each, they ate out every night,and had a boat trip. Didn't do Patara beach this time as they felt the price of Dolmus, entrance, food at beach made this expensive for them.
They felt it was adding drinks on to everything made things expensive so drank mostly at the villa.
It very much depends on what you want out of a holiday. We had 6 guests a couple of years ago who spent (including flights) not far short of a five figure amount. Staggering!!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:15:36 PM »
I aim to spend  about £50 a day, what I don't spend each day I save, I then have a big spend at the end of the holiday and it feels great. I generally manage a boat trip, and a visit to Patara and a beach club and an excursion. I allow about £30 for food a day plus will have wine with meals but basic which is good enough, + sundry coffees and soft drinks. The gin is bought at Duty Free as is a box of wine, so that's not in the £50 (my miscellaneous!) . we don't hire a car. Hope that's helpful. Toni :) 

Offline try2010

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »
Thanks for all the advice!! gives me a good idea now of what to expect and how much to take, 6 week count down is on  ;D

Offline Evadee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
Really helpful to read this thread.  Hubby and I are going to Kalkan for the first time in October for 1 week and we were thinking £1000 between us for a good time, sounds like we won't need this much and £100 per day should be enough.  We do like high end restaurants mind and I was hoping to have some spa treatments too  ;D
Somewhere between £700 - £1000 for a really good time?  :-\

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »
Hi Evadee,

£1,000 should be about right, we average £100 per day. That's just about enough to enjoy Kalkan without counting the pennies  So allow a bit more for your Spa treatments and liking for high end restaurants and you will probably get through £1000.

That said, the food in some of the cheaper restaurants is just as good (though usually without the view). After years of visiting Kalkan we keep to £100 a day by mixing the high end e.g. Aubergine, Gironda with the mid range usually Kaya, and the cheap always Extinct; all serve fantastic food and the cheaper places lack of view is made up for by the friendliness of the hosts/staff.     

Alan   

Offline Evadee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »
Thanks Alan, think £1000 will be safe bet!
Thanks to Try2010 for starting this thread, I would have been asking in a few more weeks, hope you have a great time in September  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
First Time in Kalkan, In fact - First Time Abroad Alone!! HELP!!

Started by ed2 on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
by alantj
xx
First time in kalkan

Started by carmen on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 11:49:38 AM
by Potter
xx
First Time in Kalkan

Started by harrisonp on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 10:08:53 PM
by harrisonp
xx
Kalkan for the first time!

Started by BoydieBobs on Introduce Yourself

11 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal