Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Unaceptable behaviour  (Read 3799 times)

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Unaceptable behaviour
« on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Please can someone tell me why Digi Dave has not been banned from this forum. I know you have strong rules and regulations regarding the posting of comments etc but to allow someone like him to brand local business people in Kalkan as thieves and to also say the things he has, i feel, as many others reading this, is just not acceptable. He is abusive, rude and in my view, not a nice person. WUM or not he has over stepped the mark now and something should be done!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5929.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Unaceptable behaviour
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:20:48 AM »
EK does not comment about individual cases however rest assured we do know what goes on - Likewise we are also aware of people who think they are been clever and commenting with sarcasm "under the radar"

There will be a tidy up of a few accounts in due course ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:58 AM »
Please can someone tell me why Digi Dave has not been banned from this forum. I know you have strong rules and regulations regarding the posting of comments etc but to allow someone like him to brand local business people in Kalkan as thieves and to also say the things he has, i feel, as many others reading this, is just not acceptable. He is abusive, rude and in my view, not a nice person. WUM or not he has over stepped the mark now and something should be done!!!!

tigertim....your post will tell him he has achieved his goal of winding you and others up to the point you had to post this comment... 

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:42:42 AM »
Although I did say in one of my earlier posts "ignore it and he will go away" - it seems not to have worked.   I have always admired the impartiality and vigorous "discussions" that have taken place on this forum.   HOWEVER, I, for one have had enough of attacks, non-constructive and insulting.   There is enough vitriol and bad behaviour in everyday life - to visit the forum and see more is upsetting.  I am disappointed that although we are supposed to live in a democratic society, there is prominence given to deliberate trouble makers.   I adore Kalkan, will be back soon for my 6th visit,but I think I longer wish to be a member of this forum.  It seems to have lost its way from its initial inception.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
I find this forum rather like life. All sorts of people come here, for al sorts of reasons. They bring a range of attitudes, knowledge, emotions and communications skills. For me the best way to avoid irritation is not to read threads / posts submitted folk who offend me.

It's a teeny body swerve that is part of everyday life in the 'real' world. And no great effort, particularly as the majority of contributors offer so much, with such great generosity and humour!

Thanks to those people who's contributions and efforts keep this a lovely place to visit (both here on line and there in the sparkly sunshine) and who keep my holiday alive!

:) L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
Thats a real pity, I must admit I stopped posting on the forum for a while as I was upset over some similar behaviour, but in the end I decided that if I continued the wind up merchants would have won. I decided instead to comfront extreme rudeness and disrespect every time I saw it. Dont let the geezers win, this is still, in the main, a very friendly and respectful forum where the good guys significantly outnumber the others. And its a great source of information about our favourite destination!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »
I find this forum rather like life. All sorts of people come here, for al sorts of reasons. They bring a range of attitudes, knowledge, emotions and communications skills. For me the best way to avoid irritation is not to read threads / posts submitted folk who offend me.

It's a teeny body swerve that is part of everyday life in the 'real' world. And no great effort, particularly as the majority of contributors offer so much, with such great generosity and humour!

Thanks to those people who's contributions and efforts keep this a lovely place to visit (both here on line and there in the sparkly sunshine) and who keep my holiday alive!

:) L

Great post..a good point well made......  :) :) 

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
Thank you for all your comments. It is very hard sometimes to strike the right balance in allowing "freedom of speech" and recognising "trolling".
The Administrators and moderators do take actions behind the scenes, but more often than not, it is you the members that drive home to WUM that their posts and actions are unacceptable.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »
Okey dokey Digi,I support your posts about owners should have let you know about the rd works before you booked the villa,you are right on that one.
but,you have only been a member of EK for a couple of weeks now and you have "had a go at nearly everything that IS kalkan,all the owners,the dogs,the hills and the tattoo man,the owners agents,you have even had a pop at the hotel which I think you said you are going to stay the next time you are in Kalkan,
so come on,its time to be outed,are you a wind up merchant,or do you just get a bit carried away,cos you have got your back up about being misled by " ONE" villa owner,which I can Understand but you are lumping ALL the owners in the same box,which is why some people are getting cheesed of with you.
so come one geezer,lets have the truth,without any effin and jeffin I hope, ;D  cheers.

Neil.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:14:06 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:01:26 PM »
I have to agree with Lorilou's extremely considered post. We are all very different people and if someone posts something you are not happy about that's what the "Report to Moderator" button is for. I would vigorously defend our right to free speech, without necessarily agreeing with the content. That said, there have been some very unkind remarks and assumptions made on both sides since digi_dave started posting, if he's trolling (and I suspect not) he will be dealt with by EK admin.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »
Surely the best way to respond to illiterate & ignorant people is just to ignore them.By responding as you all do,you just make matters worse.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
...and again....an unkind comment! >:(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Missy the cat.

Views: 4767
By: misty
Storm Brewing