Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Odd or bizarre requests, behaviour, things that guests do  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Odd or bizarre requests, behaviour, things that guests do
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:55:27 PM »
According to the lady that cleans our apartment in kalkan, guests had been boiling their smalls in one of our saucepans!! How gross is that?

That could be a new topic for the forum, The bizarre behaviour of guests to your villa or apartment.

Jayne

Any other oddities that anyone would like to share?
Joan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2488.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Odd or bizarre requests, behaviour, things that guests do
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:05:10 PM »
This old report from the Manchester Evening News has some decidely odd things found in hotel rooms
Hotels'' haul of lost and found treasure
Chris Osuh
3/ 1/2007
FORGETFUL guests have turned hotel lost and found departments into treasure troves of weird and wonderful items.
A spy''s top secret dossier, a wooden leg and thousands of pounds in cash are among some of the more bizarre things left behind in 2006.
And hotels across the city have their own catalogues of unusual finds. At Manchester''s Midland Hotel, an Aladdin''s cave of freaky finds, including prosthetic legs, both plastic and wooden, has stunned bosses.
Staff told the Manchester Evening News that one absent-minded tourist left a gas mask in the room, while another checked out without their Zimmer frame.
Large groups are not beyond leaving important items behind either. A boxing team visiting the city left behind a full-size weighing machine; and a top flight European football club forgot their massage tables. Martinus Louwerse, manager at the Midland, said: "It''s extraordinary the items people leave behind in their hotel rooms. Wherever possible, we will always try to reunite them with their owners."
The Midland''s lost and found office prides itself on the happy moments, when lost items are returned to their sometimes red-faced, but relieved, owners. One high-flying international guest jetted out without the `favourite pillow'' he always carries with him.
Staff, who have also reunited a Rolex watch and a diamond-studded ring with guests, made sure it was posted back to him.

At the Lowry hotel, expensive Christmas and wedding gifts were recently recovered in the bar. A cowboy hat, a Stetson hat, and a solitary cowboy boot were also abandoned in recent months, as was ''5,000 in cash.
Lowry marketing services manager Helen Hipkiss said `thousands of iPods, books and CDs'' were found by cleaners, while it was not unusual for wealthy punters to forget their diamond-encrusted bracelets or jewel-studded Jacobs watches.
Hotel staff, who take pains to track down absent-minded owners, recently recovered eight CDs recorded by Hollywood star Russell Crowe, along with lyric sheets, while another guest left behind keys to the Beverly Hills Hotel.
So many mysterious objects have surfaced at branches of the Travelodge hotel chain that bosses there have compiled an official list.
This includes an Australian cycle racing team bike worth ''19,000, a pet dog, a six-foot length of snakeskin, a hollowed-out Bible containing ''250, and two briefcases crammed with collectable spectacles from celebrities like Elton John.
There were also keys for Porsche and Aston Martin cars and a diamond ring belonging to a former footballer.
Guy Parsons, of Travelodge, said: "Each year, our lost and found departments provide plenty of revelations. Our `left-behinds'' demonstrate what a cross section of customers we serve. Whether they are making a quick stopover or a long weekend, the property left behind could tell a million tales."

According to Travelodge, the 10 most common items left behind are mobile phones and chargers; toiletries; clothing items; shoes; books; hen/stag night accessories/adult toys; jewellery/watches; laptops; electrical gadgets, including iPod and digital cameras; false teeth and artificial limbs.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
Well if any of our guests want to leave their Rolex watches and diamond bracelets then I shan''t mind...shall even give them a discount on a future booking..LOL!!   ;D ;D ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
don''t think i''ll be going to Joans for dinner!! :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Hmmmm, lizard marinated in lime juice? I can feel a new recipe coming on....

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
ha ha ..it will taste better than boiled bras and poached pants!! ;D :-*

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »
Are you sure BL?  lol

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »
Boiled smalls will definitely taste better than aubergine  ;D  ;D  ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:45:12 PM »
I can see it now - new menu at the Korsan Apartments new balcony restaurant managed by the new chef Joan!

STARTER - Cool blue Lizard marinated in Lime juice
MAIN COURSE - boiled smalls (choose from boiled bras or poached pants)

All served from the new Halogen Cooker (as the Remoska got returned!)

Complete with FREE Gin (no tonic coz kalkan and the rest of turkey has completely run out of it!)

:o :-*

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »
Just to clarify - It was Jayne''s cleaner who reported that her guests had been boiling their smalls in the pans. Also, as there is only one blue lizard in Kalkan, it has been classed as an endangered species and is therefore protected. I am therefore unable to offer these particular dishes.
I can offer free gin but only with my tonic water for which I will charge £20. LOL

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
Oooohhh, i know a knicker boiler!
She insists on boiling all her families underwear...even her grown up daughters still bring their undies to her for boiling.  :o
Why?
Cos she goes on and on at them for not boiling their own and tells them they are a disgrace....so its easier for them to just let her do it!
And, this lady is only in her early fifties... :angel:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:34:38 AM »
does she do mail order?...i''m sure i can get a parcel of grundys for her to launder...will the get ironed?  ;D

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »
Oh yes...everything gets ironed, sit still long enough and any wrinkles you have will get the treatment of a good iron!
And she starches everthing, and when clothes are put away they have to be hung, put in a drawer or piled  in an order that ensures you don''t wear the same thing too much...like a rotation system.  ::)

Don''t know about the mail order, BL, but she will give out written instructions to those who want to waste their days away boiling undies!  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What are the best TV options to offer guests?

Started by Christina on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post September 04, 2014, 09:47:48 PM
by Haybo
xx
Booking transfers for guests

Started by jinfizzz on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 08:49:37 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Essential Items for Guests

Started by Firecat on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 16, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Unaceptable behaviour

Started by tigertim on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 11:33:40 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal