Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Regency Boutique Hotel Indian Food Night  (Read 14685 times)

Offline stash

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Kalkan Regency Boutique Hotel Indian Food Night
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »

Here's the menu for the even. This event changed from Open buffet style to set menu night due to the request from the chef Raje. He beleives freshest served the better taste will be.
here's the details for set menu:

- Starting with Papadom and 3 different chutneys.

- Starter Plates: Onion Bhajees, Chicken Pakora, Vegetable Pakora and Allu Fries

- Main Course: Can Select between Korma(mild), Madras (Hot), Tikka Masala (mild), or Balti (hot) style chicken or red meat for each person.

- Side Dish of pilav rice and 3 different Nan bread (sweet,garlic,plane) is served with the set event.

Booking needed. 8442230 or PM me

Regards

Offline jamie-n-kimbo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
I think we're all just reminiscing about the good old days!!! I will be in Kalkan for three weeks this summer. Having stayed in the village every year since 1999 I appreciate how the prices have increased over the years but lets be real.... how much would you pay to eat out in similar surroundings in France, Italy, Grease???

I remeber all too well when you went on holiday and ate out every meal, drank whatever you liked and it didn't seem to hurt the pocket more than you'd budgetted!!

Kalkan is still soo beautiful and we only pay now what we'd expect to pay at home.

Although we won't be eating out every night this holiday, I just love curry!!!!! And to have a great curry on the terrace at the Regency (somewhere i've never been able to afford to stay!!) for twenty quid a head will be something I'm really loooking forward to now!!

Lets enjoy our stays in Kalkan.. The fantastic hospitality, amazing views, superb food and genuine freindships we make there!!

I JUST LOVE THE PLACE REGARDLESS!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
A Zebra................. It's just a Donkey in pyjamas!!!!!!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:18 PM »
If you look at his posts Stash obviously works or is connected to the Regency and is just advertising for them
Can we assume that we can all tell our favorite restaurants that is OK to publish their menus and their own reviews of how good they are etc on EK
Is this what EK is now about - we have had today The Indian Night at The Regency and Horse riding at Patara both obviously advertising
What ever happened to EK Safety who used to monitor this sort of thing
Or is it now accepted????

Offline stash

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
If you look at his posts Stash obviously works or is connected to the Regency and is just advertising for them
Can we assume that we can all tell our favorite restaurants that is OK to publish their menus and their own reviews of how good they are etc on EK
Is this what EK is now about - we have had today The Indian Night at The Regency and Horse riding at Patara both obviously advertising
What ever happened to EK Safety who used to monitor this sort of thing
Or is it now accepted????

yes 10 points to you dear EK user. now you are admin.congrats!!!

1- yes I am part of regency staff

2- promoting donkey tour ok but promoting a new night open to all at regency is ur issue? sorry if you havent got anything to do but critisize. you can always seek admin help, but clearly your cause is different and post as you wish. thats fine.

I cleary do NOT post other facilities for the hotel, nor our full course menu. it's a new night, we do need everyone's opinion and support. One thing we dont need negativeness. you can see the glass half full or half empty. thats up to you.

so last but not least still glad to have all your opinion about our event. pozitive or negative we need your thoughts. thank you.

god bless

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
Whilst advertising is not appropriate on the forum remember anyone can advertise free at the following places

property - www.enjoykalkan.com/rental
businesses - www.enjoykalkan.com/kalkanpages

As for EK Safety, they are still there and new applicants always welcome to assist, PM me for more information

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Just wanted to add that you would be pushed to find any 5 star or equivalent hotel offering a 2 course meal for 20 pounds, what do you want to do say 'here's a tenner thanks for the meal', come on guys get real!

Offline stash

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
what do you want to do say
yes of course

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »
Thank you Stash for bringing news about your Indian food night to us and thank you Regency Hotel for being innovative and doing something different. We will come next week to support you and enjoy the food.

Ten years ago we made a decision to live in Kalkan.  Having lived in other parts of Turkey we knew Kalkan was expensive. We still choose to live here because we love it and accept that for certain things, we will pay more.  We regard it as  our 'paradise tax' and we are more than willing to pay.  We have a choice as to whether or not we pay local prices or shop further afield.  Generally, the cost of petrol far outweighs any savings made by travelling out of Kalkan.  Last week we shopped in the new KIPA store in Fethiye.  There was less choice of  imported products than in Kalkan, the fruit and veg was nothing like the variety or quality of that sold here and many products were more expensive than in Kalkan.

Anyone trying to run a business here faces very high rent, very high utility costs and the same higher costs as all of us living here for most products and services.

Many of the posters here do seem to be suggesting that restaurant owners should be cutting prices at a time when the cost of living in Turkey is rising daily.

Twenty pounds per head in a 5 star hotel for a full meal is very reasonable wherever you are.

If you all find Kalkan so expensive, why do you keep coming?.  You can't keep comparing prices this year to prices last  year, the year before etc and complaining about how they keep rising without knowing anything about the current state of the Turkish economy.

How many of those people would expect prices in UK restaurants to stay the same year after year?

I know many posters on this forum who love Kalkan, who choose to return here several times a year and still think it represents excellent value for money.

I repeat again, twenty pounds per head for a set meal in a 5 star luxury hotel could not be considered a  rip off , unless of course you are completely out of touch with restaurant pricing everywhere else in the world.

Will

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »
well said Will, thank you.

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 11:51:30 AM »
Well said Will and IMHO Kalkan still represents great value for 'eating in paradise' which is how we feel when we are there.  The quality of the food in almost all the restaurants is far superior to many places in the UK and yes it used to be cheaper a few years ago but the cost of living has gone up considerably so this has to be passed on to the consumer.  As someone posted earlier you get what you pay for and you could pay a lot more for great food in a wonderful location but not get the warm welcome and courteous service that you get in Kalkan.  In any case surely the purpose of a holiday is to spoil yourself a little and make the most of all that Kalkan has to offer and for those who are on a budget there are still many things to do and places to eat that don't cost a lot.  Something for everyone basically and the choice is yours!

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »
Again well said Will. I can't understand why so many people moan about everything in Kalkan yet choose to live there or holiday there, go somewhere else if you're not happy..simple ! 

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
Hi
If you bought in Kalkan quite a few years ago, and you think that prices keep rising, it is not so simple as to sell and move on. To sell a home costs a lot of money, and a lot of time and stress. Surely people are allowed a view - even if others do not agree with it?
Em
Em

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Yes of course everyone is allowed their view just as Stash was entitled to let people know that the Kalkan Regency is offering something different and new in Kalkan.  He didn't ask people to go he just let them know what was on offer.  Reading this he's probably sorry he ever started the thread.  I for one thank him for doing so.

As others say there is plenty of choice from basic to exclusive, if you don't want to visit an establishment then don't,  but please don't slate it before even trying it.

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
We went out for a meal in a nice Indian Restaurant in Cheshire last night, there were 5 of us - we had poppadums, 1 starter only and 5 main courses plus a few beers, the bill as £113 and I left a tip taking the cost to £125, the food was great but I promise you the setting was nowehere close to that of the Regency, of course we could have gone to a cheaper place but experience tells me that in the main you get what you pay for. I think the Regency is a lovely upmarket hotel and I'm not surprsied that they charge £20 for their Indian night, if its anywhere near as good as their barbeque then its excellent value.

Offline stash

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
Will, the things you wrote made me rethink about EK platform. I'm so glad to see there are people out there seeing, and talking about facts. Unlike some people, you are not Judgemental straight away, and you do know what you talking about. and from what I see above there's more like us, than agressive critics who post negative just beacuse of they cant reach whats out there.
we live here because we love kalkan, and if we become destructive with words, this place aint gonna get better. Think positive, live positive.. thats how I look.
Thank you one more time Will.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »
I have been going to Kalkan for around ten years and up untill three or four years ago we ate at the harbour restaurants every night of our holiday. I have just got back and on a three week holiday we ate at the harbour twice and one of these meals we were treated to. There are pleanty of reasonably good and inexpensive restaurants in kalkan away from the harbour that I now use these and this year we have the excellent chilli's who have got it absolutly right. (£20 a head for curry your avin a laugh) As an ex chef I know that you do not need anything special to make curry just the spices which the market is full of.

M

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 06:47:39 AM »
 Last night we went to the curry night at the Kalkan Regency, everything about the experience was superb.  The setting on the terrace  is stunning, the views over Kalkan and the sea are breath taking, particularly as night falls and the lights come on. The atmosphere and ambience here are very special.

The service was faultless, charming and  professional. We were looked after by a team of waiters under the supervision of Nuri, the owner of the hotel and his son Askinay.  They are delightful, so welcoming.  The atmosphere is very relaxed not at all stuffy or pretentious.

ALL the food and vegetables used are grown on the Regency's organic farm in Uzumlu.  The taste and tenderness of the meat was delicious.  The portions are substantial and the dishes are completely authentic.  The cooking is done by Masuda, Nuri's wife who has been trained by a leading Indian chef and as Masuda is  of Indian extraction, she knows what is what in the kitchen.

We all had (4 of us) a thoroughly enjoyable evening and agreed it was  a wonderful experience.  We thought it was excellent value for money.

Until last night we had never been to the Regency nor met the family who own it, but we will be back as regulars from now on.

Thank you Nuri, Masuda and Askinay for all your efforts. 

Will

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »
Thanks for the report Will and it sounds great.  We will definitely try it when we are out in 2 weeks time.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »
Great to get comments from someone who has actually tried what's on offer.  Thanks Will.

Offline Baggers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
Cor - I'm drooling here! How do you get to the Regency from the town centre?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Barbeque night at The Regency Hotel or Turkish Night at the Likya hotel

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
by tonik1945
question
Regency Hotel barbeque Night

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2012, 07:35:00 PM
by suziq
xx
kalkan regency hotel

Started by buzby on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 11:24:02 AM
by Honey
xx
Indian food in Kalkan.......Yes or No ? ? ?

Started by onelove on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

24 Replies
Last post April 24, 2011, 07:38:46 PM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Olu Deniz

Views: 3794
By: blondie
Eagles Nest