Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: White House villa - how far into town?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline burrola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
White House villa - how far into town?
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
I'm really excited about my forthcoming holiday in Kalkan. It's our 1st time in Turkey and I have been devouring this site since booking the break and I must say it's made me keener than ever to be there... such a pity that we have to wait until the end of May!!!

We booked our accomodation because it looks stunning and now that I know a bit more about Kalkan I am convinced that our chioce of destination is second to none.

The villa we have booked (White House) looks absolutely amazing, is brand new and is described by the booking company Premier Villas as having superb views, set on a hillside in a quiet residential area above the Kalamar beach.

I have a question for all you knowledgeable Kalkan fans, how long do you think it will take to walk into town? We want the best of both worlds, the beautiful setting but close enough to be able to walk into/back to the villa and just want to be prepared to know that we may be relying on the car which will affect our ability to sample the wonderful cocktails on offer!!

Thanks, from a new Kalkan convert (who's not even been there yet!)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5314.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: White House villa - how far into town?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
Not sure how high up your villa is - I'm sure one of the residents will be along in a bit to let you know. Once you get onto the Kalamar Road its about a 15 minute (mostly flat) walk into Kalkan. Not too hot in May and plenty of places to stop en route to break up the journey  :)  Give it a try and if it's not for you, taxis are a solution for the cocktail sampling  ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
We stay in Kalamar Bay, at the Kulube Hotel and it takes us about 25-35 mins pleasant stroll back at night.
(it helps work off the wonderful food!   ;) )
Lucky you, going so soon, we've got to wait till September   ::)
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline burrola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:32:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback so far. I don't mind a gentle stroll especially if there are stop-offs along the way, and yes I guess if i've eaten too much or enjoyed the cocktails too much then taxis are the answer?  Once I get the exact address from the travel company then maybe I'll re-post and you great people can give me details of where's best to stop off and so on. Thanks again  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The White House

Started by Babs on Accommodation and Hotels

11 Replies
Last post August 04, 2012, 08:53:40 PM
by red24
recycled
White Dream House Apartment

Started by Jacdav on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 06:48:27 PM
by Jacdav
recycled
Anyone heard about WHITE DREAM VILLA in Kalkan ?

Started by gabrielcr on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 10:28:35 AM
by gabrielcr
recycled
villa in old town?

Started by lesleyd on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post September 24, 2009, 10:18:10 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal