Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The White House  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
The White House
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
We've been back less than a week and already I'm scheming and planning for next year! We usually stay in apartments but thinking of a change next year and considering B+B/small hotel. Has anyone stayed at the White House.....their website doesn't give much away but it get good reviews on Trip Adviser and we like its position in the Old Town....also aware that they are building new rooms.......any thoughts greatly received!
The other place we are considering are the rooms owned by the Korsan which are right under the Fish Terrace.
Look forward to getting some views.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9813.0

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The White House
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
We stayed in the rooms under what is now the Fish Terrace, had a great time ... however it was in 1992 when it was the Patara Pension. 8)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »
The White House has always had a good name & recommended, have not stayed there but this year it has undergone refurbishment & been extended to a very high standard & we were lucky enough to be invited & shown around, it looks wonderful & the location is good in the Old Town.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »
Stayed there last year for a couple of nights. Very clean and presentable rooms with air con. Lovely view having breakfast on the roof terrace. Noticed in April that they were working on the new rooms in the adjacent building, so expect them to be in use now.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
We haven't stayed there but last year (and this year soon) we are staying in a villa very close by and the position is absolutely perfect.  Just a bit down the the hill is a little lane that leads straight along to the Kalamaki restaurnt, go along on the straight and end up at the moonlight, or go straight down the hill and you're at the beach/harbour.  So if position is key, I don't think you'll beat it.  :) 8) :)

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 12:24:36 PM »
The White House is lovely! Our daughter stayed there when she came out in May this year. Marian and Halil are perfect hosts. We were able to look at the new rooms which they were in the process of finishing then and I think they will be quite something: very different from your bog-standard pansiyon rooms (although they do have bogs as standard!). The location of the property is excellent too (although I'm probably biased because it's near our house).

The rooms below the Fish Terrace do suffer a bit from noise from the restaurant above: chairs scraping, footsteps etc, so not so good if you happen to be wanting to sleep when the restaurant is active. (We stayed there for a few years before we bought our house).

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
Thanks everyone....sounds like the White House could be a good bet. Mags, on the assumption that we wouldn't want to sleep when the restaurant is open are the Fish Terrace rooms nice. Will definitely choose one or the other as we feel like a change and the position of both is great.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
Fish Terrace rooms were fairly basic when we stayed there, but that was about 8 years ago and they have been refurbished since then, but we haven't been inside the rooms to see the results of that refurbishment.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
KTLN have a piece about the White House on their sight.Very nice it looks to.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 10:10:20 PM »
Thanks everyone......Honey I've seen the KTLN article and been in touch with Marion the owner....the new rooms are beautiful be much more expensive.....now we are saving for our daughter's wedding (!?) I think we may be priced out so will be looking definitely at either the old rooms in the White House or the Korsan/Fish Terrace rooms.

Offline JamesRobert

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »
We ( two couples ) have stayed at the White House on two occasions, both times for 10 nights and loved it.
Their ratings on Tripadvisor and the general reviews are well deserved, the atmosphere there is warm and friendly. The newly done renovations look impressive and we wish them well.

Offline red24

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
We stayed at the White House in June, stayed in many different places over the years.

White House hospitality can't be faulted...............lovely breakfasts............wonderful view and in the middle of the town close enough to stagger back to.

Rooms are nice, clean and reasonable, we are very aware of what others charge, where they are and what they are.

Good choice.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
White Dream House Apartment

Started by Jacdav on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 06:48:27 PM
by Jacdav
recycled
White House villa - how far into town?

Started by burrola on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 06:32:42 PM
by burrola
thumbup
White Table

Started by tuttifrutti on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 10:11:51 AM
by Bdancer
xx
White Mosque

Started by Pompeyalbie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
by Kalkan Magic

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal