Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Chops - Islamlar  (Read 9294 times)

Offline kalkan-chops

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Chops - Islamlar
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »
I (Ismail from Chops) was upset to read these comments. We always ask our guests how their meal was and to date have only had positive comments. I am upset that people then write negative comments on the internet. Please, if you are not happy with your meal, tell us when we ask and give us a chance to rectify the situation.
Engineer, I am not sure why you think you were charged 26tl for Angora, the menu price is 21tl and in fact the house wine is cheaper at 18tl.
Sadly due to the rising meat prices the lamb is not cheap (for every 3 kg I buy I only am left with 1kg of cooked Tandir lamb to serve) and as those of you living here will know the price of meat is a topic in the news at the moment.

We don't have a lamb night on a Tuesday, however we are the only restaurant in the area who has built a traditional tandir oven. All I can ask is others try for themselves, every is welcome at Chops.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Chops - Islamlar
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
Re Chops, I have had good food there and only heard good comments. I do think it is sad (although very English) that people do not complain in a restaurant yet voice their negative views publically.

Having run restaurants in the UK I find this upsetting. It's only by feedback (positive & negative)that you can improve things. If someone complained in my restaurant I would do my upmost to put things right for them, hoping they left happy. Sadly if you do this after the occasion you are being unfair to the restaurant and not giving them the opportunity to make amends.

I have to say having seen the subject about the price of meat in the news I looked up in the meat traders journal and in UK Leg of Lamb is £9.28 (21tl) a kilo whilst in Kalkan it is 27tl. Food for thought when you complain about restaurant prices!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:48:45 PM by Mercimek »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Chops - Islamlar

Started by Wendy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

41 Replies
Last post August 15, 2009, 04:33:11 PM
by fidgetliz
xx
pork chops

Started by dylanleeds on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post July 13, 2012, 01:41:21 AM
by Skunk
recycled
Islamlar

Started by travel_addicted on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 07:26:37 PM
by travel_addicted
xx
Islamlar Trout

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post June 30, 2012, 09:20:35 AM
by Derya

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal