Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: best places to go  (Read 2382 times)

Offline karin22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
best places to go
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:24:25 AM »
Hi everyone, just joined and would welcome from you Kalkan lovers any info on the best places to eat,visit and have a good time in Kalkan, my partner Frank and i are coming out on the 16th May for a well deserved rest, looking forward to meeting new friends and having a good time...look forward to hearing from you

Karin x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5141.0

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: best places to go
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
Hi Karin, Still pretty new to Kalkan ourselves so I'm sure that other more experienced "regulars" will have more advice but we like Oz Adana for simple, very tasty, good value Turkish food (mostly Pide - Turkish Pizza, Kebabs etc), they have an upstairs terrace open in the summer. It is on the side road that runs up the left side of the Samira Hotel and Apartments. Another favourite is the Aubergine on the harbour front. It is much more expensive but the food is outstanding and we've never been able to fault the service. For a day trip definitely don't miss Patara Beach. It has been voted in the top ten beaches in the world many times. It is about a 15-20 minutes car ride but there are also dolomus buses that go there. You have to pay an entrance fee as it is a protected UNESCO site but for this you also get to look at the ruins around the area including a great amphe theatre etc. The beach itself is stunning, all golden sands and warm, (mostly gentle) rolling waves. There is a simple restaurant and toilets/changing facilities there too. Another favourite is the trout farms in the mountains. We've not managed to get there yet ourselves but have heard very good things so plan this for our next trip. Hope this gives you a first few things to consider.... Have a great holiday! Kind regards, Elaine.

Offline tango

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
Completely agree with the above Oz Adana and Aubergine are great and my favourites also, Merkez must be everybody's favourite meeting place, Sofra is also very good. We are really spoilt for choice in Kalkan, we find another favourite every time we visit.

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »
I agree with all of the above.

You might also want to consider a trip to one of Kalkan's beach clubs, Palm Beach being my personal favourite and there are others, the Mahal Beach Club, Kalamar beach Club and one at the end of the harbour [can't remember its name off-hand]. You can access these via a free boat service from the harbour or by taxi which should be free and paid for by the club on your arrival [I'm sure someone will correct me if this is no longer the case]

A trip to one of the trout farms up in Islamlar is always a good night out. Last year they were handing out fliers in Kalkan with the restaurant menus and info. They will also pick you up and bring you home for no extra charge. Get up there before dark, have a look at the trout farm and the village before you eat. Also it's lovely and cool up there after the heat of Kalkan, a blessing but do take a wrap with you just in case.

Have a wonderful holiday. We are also out there for two weeks from the 15th May and can't wait 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:39:17 AM by jofoss »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »
If you look in the blue header bars on the main forum page you will see a section called "Kalkan Discussion"..as you scroll down you will find sections including ...."Places to visit/things to do /excursions".....further down is "restaurants/bars nightlife /shopping".........that should give you something to trawl through...any questions someone will know......and welcome aboard!!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline karin22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for all you info on best places to eat ect, i`ve printed it off and will take it with me, really looking forward to it more every day, especially today..its very gloomy here, typical rainy easter bank holiday, oh before i forget, wheres the best place to rent a car from, is it the one thats advertised on this site?
Thanks once again to the guys that answered my post

Regards Karinxx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
top 5 places

Started by kalkancrazy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 10:41:54 PM
by Reygirl
xx
Places what I ate at.

Started by Baggers on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post June 29, 2010, 07:03:09 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Best places to go dancing

Started by deepasforever1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post May 05, 2011, 10:00:59 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Places to eat outside Kalkan

Started by mbrickman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 01:34:09 PM
by kalkankiki

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan cats

Views: 4236
By: jujus
Islands at dusk