Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello and thanks  (Read 2573 times)

Offline weirdwidder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello and thanks
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

My late husband and I have loved Turkey for 20 years. Always holidayed in Akyaka until 2008 when we came to Islamlar. We loved the place, so much so that M decided he didn't want to leave and promptly had a fatal heart attack 10 days into the holiday!

Didn't detract from my love for Turkey and her people: rather enhanced it as everyone was so kind...

Anyway, some friends and I spent two weeks in Patara last September and had a wonderful time. Made several visits to Kalkan and even one to Islamlar - during a thunderstorm, LOL, very appropriate! We're coming back for longer in 6 weeks time, so beware... I'll be the lily white female 'of a certain age' who insists on using my 40 words of Turkish at every opportunity.

Would like to thank you all for keeping me 'in touch' with the place I 'lost' my husband. Careless, or what?

Love from Weirdwidder  >:D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5295.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Hello and thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
Hi weirdwidder :) you've made me laugh already and after the day I've had it was never going to be easy :)

Offline weirdwidder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »
Hi itstime,

Glad to be of service! Sorry you had a bad day; hope today is better...   :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »
Hi Wierdwidder - even your username makes me smile  :)
I think you have an amazing outlook on life and loved your post in the "be careful what you take on a plane..." thread. How wonderfully stoic you are about what I'm sure was an utterly devastating time in your life. If I had a cap, I'd be raising it to you now...
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
Hi itstime,

Glad to be of service! Sorry you had a bad day; hope today is better...   :)

much better thanks :-)

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
Hi weirdwidder! Much respect to you for your fantastic positivity about what must have been a very difficult time.
Good on you for keeping the holidays up. Hope you have a blast when you get there. Kalkan has such a great feeling doesn't it!   :)
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline weirdwidder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:29 PM »
Hi Kalkan4eva and Kefgirl,

Thank you both for your kind words. This widder business hasn't been easy, but I am fortunate in having good friends who don't treat me as if I have a large W tattooed on my forehead.  ;D

Shall be staying in Patara again, but planning several visits to Kalkan for retail therapy, restaurants and the hope of seeing beautiful young waiters to lust over...  >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
If your in Patara you must know jimmy and his family from harods!!and Ibor from the Gypsy bar..i shall be seeing them in june ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline weirdwidder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
Yep, made several forays to Jimmy's in search of nibbles/tonik and sandals, but didn't get around to eating there. Too chicken to attempt Gypsy Bar last year, but promise to give it a go when we're there in May/June.  P'raps see you and Mrs Lizard there?

The local people were so friendly and seemed to really appreciate my feeble attempts to speak Turkish. I am so looking forward to being there and visiting Kalkan, especially with cooler weather and nighter lights than last Sept.  :D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Great food to be had at Tlos Restaurant...half way down the little slope to the village center(opposite side to pancake lady)but no alcohol..Osman is a great chef....his brother runs the little Aspendos restaurant by the bus station which is good and simple  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent

Views: 3503
By: jofoss
Sunset