Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: funniest kalkan moments  (Read 2736 times)

Offline kalkancrazy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
funniest kalkan moments
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
hi
my funniest kalkan moment was when my family and i was sat in the moonlight bar and there was a moped with one of the large water machine bottles came off the back and rolled down the hill into the alternative restaurant but he tried chasing it down the hill on foot but he realised he could not catch it so made a quick get away on moped please share your kalkan funniest moments
kalkancrazy

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5135.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: funniest kalkan moments
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
Man seen  in divers suit complete with face mask ,snorkel etc with  flippers on walking through town towards the harbour in the rain.......some turkish people didn't bat an eye!! :o ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
Three moments away stick in my mind, a young boy from a restaurant on a moped,with a very large tray of food balanced using his left hand (complete with white cloth draped over his arm), his right hand controlling the moped delivering someones evening meal.
The concentration on the boys face was SO intense, yes, highly dangerous but oh so Kalkan.
We always think whether he did make it or not.

Second, is a German shepherd sitting in the footwell of a moped with his head up, ears proud and tongue out (all dog owners will know that look!)with his owner driving through town.
Kalkans version of Dastardly and Muttley, the dog wasn't the famous Alex from IBO's but we think from the no name bar.

Thirdly, whilst sitting in one terraced restaurant, we were watching the servery in the restaurant next door, where a slightly calorie challenged lad was preparing the deserts.
We found out why the weight problem as it was one scoop of ice cream for the guests and one scoop for him. This was witnessed all evening until the chef caught him and gave him a huge clout round the back of his head!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:32:42 AM by whiteonyx »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
Our eldest daughter trying to get into a pedalo at Kalamar Beach Club last year. Kept the whole place entertaned for a good half hour  ;D ;D

Also, on a regular basis, people trying to exit the sea at the town beach,  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh.. and BH bumping into the wierd little manequin outside the jeans shop near Moonlight and apologising to it :o
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
A monkey sat on the seat of a scooter out side the Asfiya hotel,I had to rub my eyes and make sure,but It was a monkey, everyone at Pasha apts thought I was going mad,I thought my drink had been spiked !
I later found out that the monkey belonged to somebody connected to the hotel,crazy,but true !  :o
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
Was it wearing a crash helmet? :angel:

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
No helmet BL,naked,with a big grin on its little face !  ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »
BL,I will look for him in june,and if I find him I will bring him to the swan for a Efes or two and he can watch an England game,if he behaves.  >:D :laugh:

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
As we haven't been to Kalkan yet can't add my own post(we go in June), but i loved reading them!! Made me laugh picturing some of the scenes!!
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:16:42 PM »
Usual Kalkan procedure - first day - get supplies from local supermarket and taxi back to villa - laden with essentials including Efes!  A very helpful taxi driver who unloaded all our shopping and carried it indoors for us (yes, he did get a tip).  Unpacking later, I did query why we had an engine part (brand new) in a carrier bag. Both of us dissolved into hysterics before we realised the seriousness of it!       In spite of all our efforts, we could not track down the taxi driver - so apologies to anyone who was in a taxi that broke down, due to lack of a spare!

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
No so much funny , more surreal perhaps (hopefully not too much of a "you had to be there" to not make it at all amusing to read though)......

We arrived in Kalkan late (just before midnight) following a rather long journey from the UK (we wanted to travel from our local airport of Stansted but it was out of season so the only option was via Istanbul). As it was out of season we didn't know what would be open so late on in the evening. As we drove in we saw the garage shop was open so popped in for some essential supplies (Efes etc). I carried the first lot of bags to the hire car whilst my hubby paid the bill. When I got to the car I couldn't find the button to press to get into the boot (turns out is was hidden within the Renault emblem). After a couple of moments struggling a hand appears out of nowhere and opens the boot for me, before I know what's happening a very kind gentleman is helping load the bags into the boot for me, all smiles. When my hubby appears he sees me being helped by a policeman in full camouflage kit with a loaded rifle strung across his chest (magazine in place) who then proceeds to tut loudly at him for letting me carry the first lot of bags! My hubby is in the RAF Regiment so seeing men with rifles is no great surprise, however, we live in a sleepy town about the size of Kalkan at home and the thought of seeing that level of security there is truly surreal!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Oli & Beth @ Fenner

Views: 77
By: antler
Silly Face at KAYA BBQ