Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Winter weather (2)  (Read 5710 times)

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Winter weather (2)
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
Greetings to you all in Kalkan from what seems to be a total wipeout (or should i say whiteout) in the UK!!  All i can say is im counting down the days to my next Kalkan visit!!  Roll on April/May  2010!!!  Happy Holidays!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4929.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
Yep ...  white on South coast with weather warnings issued to expect between 30/40 cms of white stuff!! ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:35:34 PM »
in our third week of snow now and getting absolutely tired of it! in the beginning was lovely and even over Christmas still enjoyed the "winter wonderland" but now becoming a complete pain >:( Having to defrost the car both in the morning to go to work and again late afternoon when coming home from work, had more than a few skids and walking anywhere is a nightmare. The hot sunny days and balmy evenings of Kalkan have never seemed so far away :'(

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »
I just want to be in beautiful Kalkan. Now. But got to wait until Easter  :(

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
We have had about a foot of snow in bury for over 2 weeks now,no gritters,no bin men and hardly any buses,sunday morning most of the snow had gone,then on sunday night we got 2 foot( yes,I got out the tape ) again no gritters and the bin men didnt turn up again today,as well as a mountain of snow we are now getting a mountain of black bin bags around bury,roll on june and Kalkan !!!!!!!
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:31:08 PM »
Just to cheer you up...lunch time news says UK only has enough gas at it's current level of demand for another 8 days :o :o

how will i fill my lighter???!!! :P

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
Thanks for that blue lizard!!  Here in snow covered surrey im now trying to work out my mission to go collecting sticks to rub together to make fire if we are going to run out of gas next week!! Lets see what happens with the electricity when everyone watches the Coronation Street wedding!! HA HA!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
I dont know if its the same anywhere else,but people are now starting panic buying in bury,no table salt anywhere,no bread in tesco or local shops,its all getting really silly,wish I was in Kalkan now,all the best bread you can eat,and no panic buying !

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
Certainly panic buying here in the Kent area, went to Sainsburys to do a normal stock up having just returned from Kalkan, got the last 12 eggs on display apart from the discarded broken/cracked ones, shelves were very low on almost everything & the ques at the checkouts very similar to Dalaman long & slow.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
We really are pathetic in this country...why does extreme weather always catch us by surprise and cause chaos? Like it'stime, we've had snow on the ground since before Christmas but haven't once failed to get to work....and I don't have a 4 wheel drive, btw. I drive from North Wales to Liverpool 5 days a week, although colleagues living 10 minutes from our workplace cried off...and have done since Tuesday. When we get a dry spell, there's a hosepipe ban and heavy rain brings floods - it really is a nonsense!!
What are all the schools shutting for? Surely all teachers don't live in remote/cut-off areas and some grit can be put in the playgrounds to head off potential lawsuits...this feels like the Victor Meldrew thread... ;) :P
Give me the power/water cuts in Kalkan any day - roll on May  ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »
We live in Wirral and its very rare that we get snow other than a few flakes, so this week we really don't know what has hit us.  There have been no buses on the whole of Wirral since Tuesday and all of the schools are shut until next week.
On the plus side - the kids are all delighted with it all!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »
It's been pretty bad in Liverpool since Tuesday. Very little gritting, and then only on main routes.
I walked to the hospital where I work,  :angel: It took me an hour and 15 mins to go 2 miles! The pavements are absolutely LETHAL!
The side road I live in is desperate, my husband put his car in 4 wheel drive and the diff lock on, but only just managed to crawl out. Neighbours with regular front wheel drives have no chance.
The binmen haven't been for ages and our milkman appears to have disappeared too!
I bet the Canadians and Norwegians have a good laugh at us Brits.   ::)
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
that's exactly my point, Kefgirl...and we should be laughed at. My friend is Swedish and has spent Christmas at home with 20ft drifts and temps of minus 30. She doesn't know what the fuss is all about here. I do also think a lot of people, with a tendency towards indolence, use it as an excuse not to work...in my opinion ;D

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »
Here in Kalkan , if my calculations are correct, the temperature today has been approx 40 degrees hotter than some parts of the UK. It is causing real problems, I have had to get out my short sleeve shirts after putting them away for the winter. Also the terrace furniture was in winter storage and has had to be got out.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »
If you were here a Snowball would have just bounced off your head!!  ;) :angel:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:51:30 PM by blue lizard »

Offline matelot92

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »
And I was worried about staying in Kalkan over the winter - Ha! the best move I've ever made - lol  My son in Nottingham says I've hit the jackpot. My other son in Grimsby has disowned us !!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
No bread in the shops ,No milk,...idiots are panic buying causing shortages......wait for the petrol shortage next(perfect excuse to hike the prices)...Gordon Brown has assured the nation we have enough gas..NOW i'm worried!! >:D ^-^

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Winter weather

Started by matelot92 on Weather

4 Replies
Last post October 07, 2009, 11:11:18 PM
by matelot92
smiley
Antalya in the winter...

Started by Jik on Other Resorts

1 Replies
Last post October 11, 2010, 02:29:06 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Winter rental in Jan. or Feb.

Started by steveandgill on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post November 08, 2009, 02:24:14 PM
by steveandgill
xx
Winter Heating

Started by Roxie on Living In Kalkan

5 Replies
Last post December 07, 2009, 05:12:34 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Tornado 2

Views: 5816
By:
Tlos