Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First and second day, (first impressions)  (Read 10427 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: First and second day, (first impressions)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:38 PM »
Hi Cathy, we shall be in Kalkan in 2 weeks  ;D.  So glad you are having a great time, and enjoyed The Nur Music night. When we were in Kalkan last May I was able to sit in on the drums for a few numbers, great fun. Paul, the guitarist in my band and his family are coming with us this time so hopefully we can sit in together. He is such a good player, so its a shame you won't be there when we are. As you say Baris is such a nice guy, so I'm glad the music nights are still going well. Did you notice the amazing (?)
manic dancing barman?, such a happy chap.

Hope the rest of your holiday is as great, all the best Allan.

ps The Loos at Ibo's Restaurant are spectacular too!

Allan

Me too - I thoroughly enjoyed my guest session with them on guitar and vocals. They are a great bunch of guys, aren't they?

When you are there, you should pop over on a Friday night to Kas, where Baris and the band play in a bar on the seafront every week. They have their keyboard player with them there (he won't come to Kalkan, for some reason best known only to himself). It's a good atmosphere there too  - not quite as good as the Nur, of course, but there is a bit more variety with the keyboards. 

Give it a try   ;)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
There was a keys player when I went in May, on the Thursday Blues/Rock night. Perhaps he has a better offer somewhere else on a Thursday now!
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »
Kefgirl...sounds like your love affair with Kefalonia is done and dusted..Kalkan knocking the spots off it all round!!  look forward to your next update....maybe change your name to kalkgirl? ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
We went to Saffron one lunchtime and like you I was amazed by the array of toiletries in the ladies loo  :o  You could almost get yourself 'done up' for a night on the town !!

Also been to Kefalonia and loved it like I love all the greek islands but the food in Kalkan is a cut above
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
Does anyone know the name of the Bar that the Band plays at in Kas? As we may be going to Kas next year.

I agree about Kefalonia. We went there in September for the first time, had an 'ok' holiday, but we don't feel like we want to return. If you have a really good holiday you feel that you don't want to come home, and when you do get home you are thinking about going back straight away. We did not experience this with Kefalonia but have done every time we have been to southern Turkey.
The other problem is definitely the Pound/Euro exchange rate. Ouch!!!
A packet of Bran Flakes 4.50 euros, I ate them one at a time and have brought them home hope they last me about fifty years at this rate!!! Everything was noticeably more expensive that the UK and obviously far more than Turkey.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4707
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Harbour