Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: kelebek hotel  (Read 6187 times)

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: kelebek hotel
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »
Sadly, in the specific case of this Hotel it appears to be a total unwillingness on the part of the proprietor to permit anything whatever to be brought in. My experience and that of others was when casually bringing back a part consumed 2ltr bottle of water, he would simply not let it in. Friends also say that it's just guests returning from a day out with water that usually sets him off, {maybe he should try a raki!-or maybe he aleady has?].
All this is made even more odd when you consider he's got the self catering Kelebek Apartments nearby.
You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
not allowing water is strange, who is to say he doesnt sell the brand you like? plus i use mineral water for rinsing my face and setting make up so its a beauty aid really! if you buy things to take home, does he store them for you until you leave like on cruise ships?

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »
it will be a total farce if i cannot take a bottle of water into the hotel! and i'm afraid will leave a sour note on my yet to be taken holiday if it tuns out to be the case!
i agree with the food thing etc though!

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:45:18 AM »
Even the most basic guest house in the UK will have complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in rooms so yes, I will admit to having taken a travel kettle and tea bags with me when staying in an hotel overseas where they lack such facilities.  I don't function without a brew in me first thing and prefer to have a cuppa in my jammies on the balcony rather than have to get showered and changed in order to go a breakfast room for it.  I don't consider this to be taking bread out of the mouths of the hotelier's infant children.  As far as water is concerned I have even stronger views.  It is advisable to consume a lot more water in hot climates than perhaps one would at home and at times I have been known to gasp my way through well over a litre overnight if it is very hot.  Your average mini bar will be stocked with no more than two tiny bottles at best.  To begrudge someone access to bottled water - which is an extremely cheap commodity in Turkey - is unnecessarily cruel and pedantic IMO.  Bringing in food is another matter as this can attract insects or worse.  Common sense is all that is needed on both the part of the hotelier and the guest.  That and good manners - there is no excuse for loudly berating paying guests for an innocent transgression when a quiet word would be adequate.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Kelebek Hotel or Lizo Hotel - Comments please

Started by Sarahsh on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 09:39:02 AM
by JenJen
xx
Kelebek Hotel

Started by KalkanKat on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 01:11:39 PM
by mustafaayse
xx
Kelebek again

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

22 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 02:26:45 PM
by Brooksie
smiley
Lazy time at the Kelebek

Started by smithismund on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 08:28:13 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal