Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: kelebek hotel  (Read 6188 times)

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
kelebek hotel
« on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
does anyone know if they have a fridge or any tea/coffee making facilites i'm not bothered but wifey no coffee no talk/walk no nothing!

cheers guys!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4122.0

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: kelebek hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
They didn't have those facilities when we stayed there though it was 4 years ago. Have you thought about buying one of those small kettles and taking your own cup? You can buy those small sachets of 3-in-1 coffee.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:44:30 AM »
Littlelin I love those Nestle instants. I alweys bring some back with me.

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:44:25 AM »
We stayed there in June and are back end of September/start October.

The rooms don't have a fridge and there are no tea making facilities unfortunately but its an excellent and very friendly hotel so hopefully you will have a great time.

You can order a coffee down at the poolside bar if you want one during the day.

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »
Beware, in our experience World War 3 breaks out frequently at this otherwise excellent hotel. If the proprietor catches you bringing even water in he will try and charge you.
We encountered at least 3 separate occasions when full scale arguments kicked off in reception or around the pool with guests arguing about bringing stuff back. We resorted to buying a large rucksack to disguise our "smuggling" Hope things have changed........................!
You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
this is worrying? trip advisor says a lot of the same!
world war 3 will break out if i'm told i cannot even bring my own bottle of water into my room at the hotel!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
world war 3 will break out if i'm told i cannot even bring my own bottle of water into my room at the hotel!

Quite right too! I think I would have a word if they tried that on with me.

Offline tog miester

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »
Are the owners of this hotel the same people who run Kelebek, the furniture shop? If they are it would not suprise me.
Banned!! Delete my account please.

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »
Sadly we heard only 3 weeks ago from some Scottish friends who stayed there that the proprietor is still totally paranoid about guests bringing in their own food and drink-even water, the stories we heard were quite ugly and upsetting for guests. I'm pretty certain this family are totally preoccupied with the Hotel and the Apartments they have nearby.Anyway,  isn't Kelebek Furniture a national company?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
We saw the owner in the Market having a right Ding Dong with a fruit and veg man...Myself and mrs Lizard refer to him as "Basil Fawlty" :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline tog miester

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
Yes its a national company, but I am under the impression that its run on a franchise system.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »
Guy has a point after all he is running a business not a charity  :laugh:

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
all the hotels i have stayed at in Kalkan, have a notice, either clearly visible or tucked away in the bedside cabinet about not bringing food or drink in. I nearly always buy water outside and keep it in my room, Kelebek included, but i must admit, i did drink their large bottle of water at the poolside and ask to keep it in the fridge til the next time i was at poolside. Every other hotel, i discreetly keep a small bottle in my bag for when at the pool. ;)

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
I think you guys are being extremely harsh, especially as the Kelebek hotel also has the option of self catering apartments.
Most hotel all over the world do not allow food and drink to be brought on to the premises from outside, or for you to take your own kettle in and make your own drink it is just an absurd idea.
Ok, many hotels do have mini bars but I suppose you lot would just then complain about the prices of things stocked in them t.
Come on cut these hoteliers some flack, as misty quite rightly pointed out, these guys are running a business, you all seem to forget that this is their income. Oh and BL to publically display a nick name you have for somebody on a PUBLIC forum I think is rather insensitive.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »
If I was running a Hotel I would not want my guests to bring in food and drink to consume on the premises. If guests want to do this why don't they go self catering.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
You wouldn't take a bottle of wine into a restaurant and then moan if they turned their nose up at you, so why should it be any different in a hotel?

Having repped in Kalkan for years, at some point or another repping pretty much every hotel in Kalkan and KaÅŸ, I am yet to come across a hotel that does not have a sign politely asking patrons not to bring in their own food and drink.  When this request is blatantly ignored to the point that people are 'smuggling' food and drink in (if you thought it was right there would be no need to smuggle...) it's not surprising that the owners of these businesses become a little frustrated.

But to single out the Kelebek is viciously unfair and hugely unnecessary - and BL given the discussion was about taking water into a hotel I think posting your rather hurtful opinions about business owners in Kalkan is crossing the line.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 10:24:24 AM »
I am perfectly entitled to have a nick name for some one if i so wish.. I find this man shall we say."Argumentative"...i also didn't divulge that my other half and mother in law moved out of this hotel into another because of his behaviour which i won't go into but was totally outrageous...previous posts refered to the upsetting of guests SB..my post wasn't about owner"S"..but this one individual..i spared the details.....but i suppose it has given those who wish something to moan about...as this seems quite commonplace with some
i have nothing but respect for most owners and turkish people in general but this man is i'm afraid not what i consider typical in his friendliness and hospitality

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Just reread my post and as far as I can see really can not be accused of moaning. If that is how you term giving an opinion then so be it!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
I think it's quite acceptable for hotels to refuse guests permission to consume their own food and drink in their rooms... except that water is a simple human necessity.

I can't see anything wrong with someone taking a bottle of water into their room - but anything else, I'm with the hotelier.

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
Just out of interest ( i dont stay in hotels usually) but is it because they would rather keeps smells/mess out of the rooms or because they would rather you buy drinks etc from the hotel itself? I would assume that the hotel wont mind the odd biscuit or something not available from the hotel, but can totally understand bringing in pizza from outside, thats unacceptable from an hoteliers point of view.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Kelebek Hotel or Lizo Hotel - Comments please

Started by Sarahsh on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 09:39:02 AM
by JenJen
xx
Kelebek Hotel

Started by KalkanKat on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 01:11:39 PM
by mustafaayse
xx
Kelebek again

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

22 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 02:26:45 PM
by Brooksie
smiley
Lazy time at the Kelebek

Started by smithismund on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 08:28:13 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 4309
By: irfan
collage