Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KAPSA – MIDSUMMER UPDATE  (Read 1516 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
As yet again KAPSA and the street dogs of Kalkan have been cause for debate on EK we thought it might be apt to give you a Kapsa update, as the last one was in  May, Anyone interested can go direct to that post by clicking on this link http://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3364.0

The nature of Kapsa’s work  in the summer is somewhat different from that of the winter. In the latter the focus is on neutering, feeding and caring for the animals, in the summer, while neutering and treating animals still continues, the emphasis is on fund raising in order to continue our work. Still, since May we have treated numerous animals, neutered 35 and hand reared a number of kittens that had been abandoned in Kalkan. Thankfully all these kittens and several abandoned puppies were found homes.

This summer we have 19 official collecting boxes in various shops and businesses around Kalkan. Several of the more prominently positioned boxes were opened this month and the sum of 1,432TL had been collected. While this may sound a lot, last year, over a 12 month period, we spent over 20,000TL including over  5,000TL given by the Belediye.This sum does not include a considerable amount of money spent by individuals, Kapsa  members and otherwise, on feeding and helping animals directly.

We are also planning to have another Coffee Morning at the end of the season so if anyone has anything they wish to donate whether it be books, clothes or whatever we would welcome them. People often complain that they have bought so many things while they are here that they are worried about excess baggage on the return flight, so if that is you please feel free to offload any unwanted items by donating them to Kapsa. You can bring them into Vessila & Brako boutique (below Ä°bo restaurant) anytime, and we would like to thank those of you that have already done so.

We would also like to say thank you to all the people who have brought us veterinary products, collars, leads etc All are much needed and are very welcome. Also a big thank you to Sara who sent us a beautiful selection of her own home made greetings cards to sell to raise funds. We would also like to thank Johnsons Veterinary Products for their generous donation. Lastly, thank you to all those involved for their continuing hard work.

FAQs

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4032.0
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: KAPSA – MIDSUMMER UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »
Thank you Saskia and please pass on my thanks to all your fellow KAPSA members.
Joan

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Would you like a section on the main website for KASPA updates? This wouldn't be a problem

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: KAPSA – MIDSUMMER UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »
Hi Jon,
Sorry we have all been very busy so  ı have only just had your kind offer of a separate Kapsa page on Ek brought to my attention. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that I think that would be a great idea.

Thank you

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
KAPSA UPDATE

Started by saskia on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2008, 08:29:19 PM
by msr
xx
KAPSA COFFEE MORNING AND UPDATE

Started by saskia on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2009, 09:03:53 PM
by Charlie
xx
Weather update

Started by tuppy on Weather

15 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 05:55:53 AM
by tuppy
xx
Weather Update

Started by greggiea on Weather

0 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 09:28:41 PM
by greggiea

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3387
By: shining-one
Heading back to Kalkan