Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KAPSA COFFEE MORNING AND UPDATE  (Read 1874 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
KAPSA COFFEE MORNING AND UPDATE
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:41:30 PM »
Hello everyone, I know it has been quite a long time since we have posted anything on Enjoy kalkan about KAPSA but we have had a busy winter working with the animals in and around Kalkan and as many of our members are also involved with businesses in Kalkan many have also been working hard for the last month preparing for the season ahead.
Still below is a reminder of what we at Kapsa are trying to do and a short precis of what KAPSA  has achieved in it''''s first year as an official association.

Before that though, we would like to thank all those that were involved in or came to give their support for the second KAPSA Coffee Morning held last Saturday the 25Th of April at Kleo Bar. It went very well indeed, many individuals and businesses alike donated prizes for the raffle, items for the Bring ''''n'''' Buy and book stalls and fantastic sweets and böreks etc for the cake stand. Many people, both KAPSA members and otherwise were very generous with their time too. As you can imagine organizing something like that does take a lot of time and planning. So thank you all again, I think I can safely say that all our efforts were rewarded by having a lovely day enjoyed by all and by raising the amount of 5,143TL which was very welcome indeed as after all the operations, feeding and treatment done this winter the KAPSA coffers were all but empty.

Kalkan Association for the Protection of Street Animals
KAPSA was set up as an official organisation in April 2008 to improve the well-being of Kalkan’s street animals.

KAPSA aims and objectives:

• To prevent the birth of unwanted animals by neutering
• To provide appropriate veterinary care for sick and injured street animals
• To reduce the number of sick and starving animals by implementing a winter feeding program
• To find suitable homes for animals where ever possible
• To show people the importance of having owned animals neutered
• To improve the relationship between people and animals through example and education
• To reduce the number of unwanted animals been brought into Kalkan from outside by extending our     work to surrounding villages
• To keep dangerous animals off the streets of Kalkan

KAPSA’S 1ST YEAR
From April 2008 - April 2009 KAPSA has:
• been instrumental in bringing a new veterinary clinic to Kalkan
• organised  treatment for many sick and injured animals
• organised the neutering of 184 cats and 60 dogs, a total of 244 animals
• Had 500 leaflets printed in Turkish about the importance of neutering animals and explaining how people can get their local street animals neutered or help Kapsa to do so. These leaflets were then distributed through the school to local families.
• organised winter feeding of hundreds of cats and dogs by numerous volunteers around Kalkan, 1175kg (1.2 tons) of cat and dog food was distributed over a six month period
• found homes for a number of Kalkan cats and dogs both in Kalkan and elsewhere
• been instrumental in having some dangerous or over aggressive dogs removed from Kalkan streets
• held its first neutering day outside of Kalkan at Akbel where 18 dogs and 12 cats were neutered
• received support from the Kalkan municipality
• established good relations with various other similar organizations in Turkey and had useful discussions with a visiting representative of the RSPCA
• achieved authorisation for KAPSA collection boxes to be placed in many businesses in Kalkan
• opened an official bank account at Kalkan İŞ Bankası and a UK account for foreign donations
• Set up KAPSA.CO.UK website
• has received much welcome support from both individuals and Kalkan businesses for fundraising events such as the two coffee mornings held this winter
• has worked within the guidelines and regulations stipulated for all associations in Turkey

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3364.0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:49:32 PM by saskia »
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: KAPSA COFFEE MORNING AND UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
You are to be congratulated, your work is impressive and the results are encouraging. Its very easy to forget that a huge percentage of your programme takes place during the winter months, and only when returning to Kalkan in the summer are the results more obvious. You are all a credit to Kalkan with your tireless optimism, if it wasn''t for your organisation I dread to think what the streets of Kalkan would resemble now!
It is also encouraging to see that you are having a ''voice'' with authorities around Kalkan, this can only be for the better.  We would like to say a huge thank you, your work is much appreciated.

Mary & Geoff

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
Absolutely! A large part of my enjoyment of Kalkan is seeing year after year the same animals thriving and in good health. I know this comes at a cost and do my best to help by donating where possible and bringing over with me medicines and other supplies.
I do realise that the street animals may not be foremost in the hearts and minds of all visitors but I certainly wish all the best to everyone who supports this cause.

Offline jezhuggins

• Sugarpuff
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
Hi

Just to say thank you for your work - we enjoyed the coffee morning and the friends who were staying with us, Roy and Jackie, were impressed and pleased to know that what can be done to help the animals is being done.

Jerry and Carol

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:03:53 PM »
Agree with all the above, the work you do is absolutely terrific.  Thank you to all involved.  Sorry, wish I was there to help out with the three little kittens. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
KAPSA COFFEE MORNING

Started by saskia on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post November 15, 2008, 12:48:44 PM
by Charlie
xx
KAPSA Coffee morning and birthday party

Started by KAPSA Kalkan on KAPSA - Kalkan Animal Welfare Official Announcements

0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2012, 07:37:23 AM
by KAPSA Kalkan
xx
Easter Sunday KAPSA Coffee Morning

Started by KAPSA Kalkan on KAPSA - Kalkan Animal Welfare Official Announcements

0 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 08:39:08 PM
by KAPSA Kalkan
xx
KAPSA UPDATE

Started by saskia on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2008, 08:29:19 PM
by msr

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Cappadocia

Views: 3520
By: blondie
Kalkan