Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Full moon party  (Read 71062 times)

Offline Davs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Full moon party
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »
To KT29 - No you have not made a terrible mistake. There are commercial premises galore in this town, the majority of which cater to folk who are middle of the road like me. These new themes will probably endure for a season or two before dying off and the next big thing comes along. You have not made a terrible mistake in booking Kalkan for your holiday. Kalkan in the main, markets itself with an element of sophistication and that is exactly what you will find in spades. Do not worry. You will enjoy yourself.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
A few party nights doesnt make a Benidorm. ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »
There really is nothing to worry about, Kalkan is just as lovely just a bit more lively but thats late at night when most people are in bed, you wouldnt even know these parties are happening at No Name Bar and the new Mojito Bar, Pasha Bar maybe, only because its in one of the main streets, but really its not that bad people are enjoying themselfs including the Turks who at the end of a long day deserve a bit of a night out, when I was there in June you couldnt hear the music from the Beach party in town so it must be something to do with the way the wind carry the sound...maybe, I'm not sure about the dancers think we could do without them but I'm female so perhaps if they had hunky men dancers I'd approve  ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »
Bang on 4EK,most of the people going to the party nights are locals,who want a night out when they have finished work,if you stay in the bars until late the people who have been working turn out,and it usually turns into a party,good clean fun. ;D >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Oh yeh baby!!...best i brush up on my moves so i can throw some shapes!! iv'e tried moonwalking but i kept bumping into things ;D O0

Claire ....in answer to your question/
the hillsides have been developed (some nicer than others) but the heart of the old town is as it was,the people are as warm as ever and i find you get back what you give out...must dash i can feel a boogie coming on!! :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
I will get Yusuf at Pasha bar to reserve you a barrel for the male dancing
slot my blue friend.  ;D 8)

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »
The best nights are always when the locals are out and yes it is good clean fun, just dancing like nobodys watching, having a few drinks, laughing joking & having fun, no 18-30's style nightclubs just good bars with good music!

So no need to worry, Kalkan is the best, forget the rest!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
Don't worry i will bring my own barrel.........it's up my t shirt!! ;D

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »
No KT29 you will not regret your decision to holiday in Kalkan. We have been coming for 10 years, there have been changes, not all of them to our taste but overall the heart of Kalkan is still the same. The table dancers and nightclub is much later in the evening and if you are staying on the periphery or across the bay this won't be of any bother. I certainly would have no interest in sitting in a bar with dancers- not my cup of tea, so I wouldn't go there, I would go elsewhere, there is plenty of choice!
Interestingly over the 10 years ,we have never seen anyone of any age under the influence of alcohol. Certainly not like Benidorm or Ayia Napa!
Go with the flow and enjoy!

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
but can you tell me somewhere nicer in Turkey?(Bearing in mind i do like a bit of life and don't wish to be on a Lizardy rock in the mountains) ;)

Yes I can - but would then have to kill you to keep the secret!!! :D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »
i may be a Lizard but i know Giant Iguanas >:D

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »
The "dancers" at pasha bar were the Russians,pasha had a electronic party night starting at 10 .30pm until 03.30,plus laser show and free shots,as for locals being opposed to it,the pics I have seen show that probably 50% of the people in pasha are locals(facebook-pashabar ) It looked like a very busy night and this was number one of the nights,very nice russian ladies,take a look.
If pasha bar is making money,great,I have known Yusuf for some years now,and he has worked damn hard on Pasha,noisy,yes,not everyones cup of raki,maybe,but he has to make a living.

I agree that the owner of these bars like Pasha, Indigo etc have a right to make a living, but it should not be to the detriment of Kalkan, its other businesses, villa owners and to all the tourists who faithfully come back year after year and give Kalkan their patronage. Something must be done to stop this NOW!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
Random,are you Turkish,do you work and make a living in Kalkan,and would you like it if  a turk came over to the UK,to the place you live and told you what you can and cannot do ?  I very much doubt it.
If you dont come into any of the above you have no right to tell any local to stop this or that because YOU dont like it,I dont like jazz,if its playing in a bar I just go to another bar,I suggest you do the same.  ??? :o
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:47:02 PM by fidimax »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 03:59:29 PM »
wish there was an icon for a handbag.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »
You ladies would only dance round it!! >:D ;)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »

I agree that the owner of these bars like Pasha, Indigo etc have a right to make a living, but it should not be to the detriment of Kalkan, its other businesses, villa owners and to all the tourists who faithfully come back year after year and give Kalkan their patronage. Something must be done to stop this NOW!
[/quote]

Random just out of curiosity, which of these categories do you come under, as you seem so vehement about this

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 05:06:03 PM »
Fidimax, agree fully.

Myself & others I know weren't keen on the idea of the EK meet ups....but did we moan on here, did we try to stop them? No we voted with our feet and didn't go BUT let others go ahead and do what they enjoyed and thought was right, and hopefully made a few of the venues some extra kurus.

Yes Kalkan has changed over the years, it's not a small fishing village-but I would suggest were it just that and had no bank, a few simple restaurants, no beach clubs etc it wouldn't have the popularity it does which in turn fills the villas, restaurants etc.

Crikey it's not Ibiza, nor is it bar street in Marmaris.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »
It seems to be the main beneficiaries of these events are the local youung Turkish population. Certainly the Full Moon party was full of young Turkish people having a ball as one of our daughters went. I didn't like the noise that night, but I'm a mere tourist and if I don't like it, I can vote with my feet. Who are we, as occasional visitors to Kalkan, to tell the young people who live there that WE, the TOURISTS, will dictate when they can have fun :o :o. Kalkan belongs to those that live and work there, not those who choose to holiday there. Simples.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »
So how many of you will not be taking their holiday in Kalkan next year specifically because of these parties?

I sense a 'not on my doorstep' attitude.

I have only been to one of these events this year and a couple last year BUT when I have been in Kalkan & not attended I haven't been aware that they were on.

The ones I did attend seemed to have quite a high proportion of non locals there.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:29:41 PM by Mercimek »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
We are back in October, so it's not affected how I feel about Kalkan. For some reason, the Full Moon Party was disturbing us up by the Kas Road and other posters in Kormurluk. Maybe it was the wind direction? All I kept thinking that night was how the people staying in Pirat were coping with the noise.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Paper Moon Hotel

Started by IanTrishinHull on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
by alpheus77
xx
Re: MUSIC at Paper Moon?

Started by kalkanchris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 09:00:32 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Paper Moon Hotel Info

Started by kalkaness on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
by kalkanlover22
xx
AK Party

Started by kalcamp on Politics & Debate

9 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 04:23:12 PM
by clashgour

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal