Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant Highlights  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Restaurant Highlights
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »
As old timers to Kalkan we have tried numerous restaurants over the years. However we have decided to share our "highlights" from this year with other forum users.

Kalamaki
Run and owned by the former waiter from the Ibo, Tayfur, this restaurant is located where Coast used to be. I can honestly say we had one of the most delicious meals and as usual the service was attentive but not over bearing.
I chose the pasta Veniziana (not sure how to spell it!) this was a lovely pasta dish, with shrimp in a slightly spicy tomato and chilli sauce. It was absolutely gorgeous. Graham opted for a steak which was cooked to perfection, tasty and very tender. The orange and beetroot salad was absolutely gorgeous, an unusual combination but it really worked. We thought the prices were reasonable for the quality of food served.

The Nar
This restaurant was formerly the Lykia and I have to say was probably the best meal I had in the entire 2 weeks. I chose the risotto with fillet steak. The risotto was perfectly cooked, lovely and creamy and the steak again cooked exactly how I like it, medium rare and slightly pink. Again the steak was succulent and tender. Graham opted for the Nar chilli chicken, the chicken was extremely tender and the blend of spices just right with a slight kick! The service was excellent.

Mussakka
This small roof top terrace is where Rami''s used to be. The owner has worked both at Ibo and Doy Doy. A lovely meal was enjoyed by both of us. I had the Mussakka which was really delicious and really fresh. Graham had the sea bass with prawns in garlic butter. Again excellent quality and service and reasonable prices. I do hope that this is a successful venture for the young owner.

Ibo

One of our perrenial favourites, consistently good quality food and friendly service. The deep fried carrot starter is to die for. I had the most succulent lamb chops and Graham had the BBQ steak. Still one of my favourite places in Kalkan.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3835.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: Restaurant Highlights
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »
Thanks Lorretta. We too had a lovely meal at Nar - did you try any of desserts?? All I can say is yum, yum  ;D We will try the others you mentioned in September. My mouth is watering now.. ;D

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »
Have to agree with you about the deep fried carrot starter at Ibo.  It was the very first meal I ate on our first trip to Kalkan 2 years ago.  Many restaurants and delicious meals later, I have yet to find anything quite so yummy!

Alison

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
Hi Jules,
did not have any dessert in the entire 2 weeks, aren''t I good! I just can''t fit it in after bread, starter, main meal etc. Quite often Graham and I share a starter too.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
I don''t have a pud either - just a spoonful of one of my daughters - they of course, manage one every single night!  ;D  ;D
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
Just been having a few cups of tea with the boys from Nar and from Ibo, who were chuffed by the positive reviews.  No celebratory free desserts or deep fried carrots forthcoming on this occasion.....

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »
I am a firm believer  in if something is good it should be shared. All too often it''s easy to moan and pass comment on the negative stuff. I am not saying people aren''t entitled to do this, I just think it''s also good to highlight the positives. Glad the boy''s from Nar and Ibo were chuffed, they deserve to be. Great food and service.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 04:16:45 PM »
Quite right too - credit where credit''s due, even if accentuating the positive may upset some.  Anyway, I will now go and celebrate with a cold one next door at Nar!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

grin
This Season's Highlights

Started by SarahS on Holiday Reports and Reviews

17 Replies
Last post January 12, 2009, 06:21:55 PM
by Chris18648
xx
Fez Restaurant

Started by KalkanKat on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 12:02:18 PM
by KalkanKat
smiley
IBO RESTAURANT

Started by lradders on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 04:40:48 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
thumbup
The Nar Restaurant

Started by geoffdunnett on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 09:05:23 AM
by steve wood

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

By the pool

Views: 2822
By: misty
kalkan