Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kelebek Hotel  (Read 2611 times)

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kelebek Hotel
« on: March 17, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I (JenJen on this forum) stayed in Kalkan in September 2007 and are planning to return this September.  We stayed self-catering at the Samira last time and loved it but the prices seem to have risen sharply in the meantime so we''ve been looking at alternatives.  I can''t find much information on this site about the Kelebek so was wondering if anyone can help us?  We''ve found conflicting information about the exact location - some sites say it''s very near the centre while others say it''s further out.  Is it near the bus station?  That''s probably about as far up the hill as we''d be willing to stay!   Also, does anyone know what the bar prices in the hotel are like?  We considered a couple of other hotels but the extortionate bar prices mentioned in reviews have put us off!

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions of reasonably priced self catering apartments we''d appreciate it.

Cheers!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3092.0

Offline yarmites

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Kelebek Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
Hi KalkanKat

The website for the Kelebek is www.butterflyholidays.co.uk.    We''ve stayed in the hotel 3 times, but they also have self-catering apartments.  The hotel is near the bus station, not quite so far up, it''s at one end of the Thursday market. The apartments are nearer the village, past the Extinct restaurant and turn left.  We''ve found the walk not too bad (and we''re not too young) though it is uphill on the way home.  The Turkish family who own the Kelebek are great, very helpful and friendly.  Rooms are good, having been updated last year. Food is very good and very reasonly priced, BBQ night excellent.  There''s a wonderful uninterrupted view of the bay from the breakfast area. Bar prices are about average for a hotel, from memory last year. 

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
Thanks for that!  It does look nice and not too far up from the town.  I didn''t realise the apartments were separate from the hotel - good to know they''re even closer!  We don''t tend to spend too much time at the hotel bar but it''s nice to have a couple of drinks on the way out in the evening without getting a nasty shock on your bill at the end of the holiday! 

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »
We stayed there a couple of times many years ago and enjoyed it immensely. Faik and his family are always obliging and ready for a laugh. It''s the family run hotel that makes you a part of the family. Even though we have had a place in the village for 8 years, we still go back every trip to see them.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline mustafaayse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »
We know the family that run the Kelebek and it is a little gem.

This year we have booked a villa for 3 weeks in Komerluk and are then going to stay at the Kelebek for a few days afterwards.
That in itself speaks volumes of how we feel about it, you will love the hotel and the family, dont worry about the hill, have a bottle of Efes to help you along!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Kelebek Hotel or Lizo Hotel - Comments please

Started by Sarahsh on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 09:39:02 AM
by JenJen
xx
kelebek hotel

Started by seasick on Accommodation and Hotels

23 Replies
Last post October 07, 2009, 10:45:18 AM
by Firecat
xx
Kelebek again

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

22 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 02:26:45 PM
by Brooksie
smiley
Lazy time at the Kelebek

Started by smithismund on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 08:28:13 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal