Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Melissa Penthouse situated in the Emir development and prices!  (Read 5878 times)

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hi There,
           I have seen a lovely apartment situated in the Emir development called the Melissa penthouse. Does anyone know if the Emir development is in a good position in Kalkan for the shops and restaurants? We would like to be quite close but still have peace and quiet  ;)! We don''t like staying in noisy places. Also can anyone tell me how much it would be for a 3 course meal for 2 adults with a couple of beers and some wine? Just a rough price as i know its difficult to estimate! What kind of weather should we expect in the last two weeks in June? Will it be hot and will the pool be warm enough to swim in then?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3008.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
the Emir is nicely situated a short stroll to the village ..slightly slopeing...there is a supermarket near by and it''''s handy for the thursday market...it will be smashing in your pool end of june....as for prices ..there is something for everyone .although wine prices have risen in many restaurants..we buy it from the supermarkets loads cheaper....on the home page scroll down to "restaurants, bars ,nightlife ,shopping" you will find some comments on there...i''''m sure you will love it like the rest of us...oh..and welcome aboard!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Hi There,
           Thank You for the welcome and also your advice! The apartment looks lovely and I am glad to hear that its in a nice position in Kalkan. |I will have a look at the restaurant thread regarding prices etc.

Thanks again
Regards

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Hi Sunflower, we stayed up by Emir a few years ago and as BL says it''s really well situated. It''s a challenging walk back up from the village, but we enjoyed it and it kept us really fit (and out of our "fat clothes" for the entire two weeks). Those apartments - particularly the penthouse ones get booked up quite quickly, so check for availability and matching that to your flights is the key. We looked at one of those penthouses for this year way back in July last year and they already had bookings then and one of them, I recall is fixed on it''s changeover days, making it very difficult to link up with the flights that are available.
The last 2 weeks in June will be gorgeous - fairly hot, but not so hot that you will want to live in the pool  ;D. As for eating out the choice and variety in both price and fayre is quite something. We have paid as little as £30 for a meal for two with wine (and beer!) and as much as £100 (that did include the priciest things on the menu, a couple of cocktails, wine and a champagne sorbet to finish for moi  :laugh:). You will probably find others have had cheaper meals and possibly spent more, that''s just a guide.

I hope you have a great holiday  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Hi There,
           We are not looking to go until June next year and so hope to be booked in plenty time before that!

How long does it take to walk back to the Emir development from the town? I wasn''t aware that it was up hill! We don''t mind as long as its not too far!

Thanks for all your help
Regards

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hiya Sunflower7,it all depends where abouts you are in town,if you are down by the harbour and you are walking to the Emir the old town streets are cobbled and fairly steep,when you get to the main street  it is pretty flat with just a small incline as you get to the Emir,but there are plenty of bars,and eating places nearby to keep you fed and watered if you dont want to walk down to the harbour,and most of them have great views over the village at night,I am sure you will enjoy Kalkan.

:) ;D 8) >:D :angel:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:34:25 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
sunflower7
Welcome to the forum.
You have picked a good location. 5 mins leisurely stroll into the centre, a 2 minute walk to the nearest supermarket and a bar (Cinar) on your doorstep for a nightcap on the way home. Can''t be bad ;D There are banks a couple of minutes away and there is a great pattiserie (Nur) again a couple of Minutes away. We are close to the Emir and when we''re down in the harbour having had a good feed and some drinks tend to get a taxi back up because it can take 15 mins at a slow pace especially up heart attack hill.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Thanks again for everyones help.

regards

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
Hi Sunflower,
it''s actually a bit steeper than the small incline Fidimax indicates from the flat section up to Emir, it''s deceptive! (You must be a fell-walker, Neil  :laugh:) My BH would always find a reason to nip into one of the supermarkets - just in front of Emir - to get his breath back, because it''s then quite a steep path up to the entrance of Emir off the road. I actually enjoyed the walking back up, it''s a good way to negate all the calories you''re consuming. Your calves hurt for a few days, but then you get used to it. Give it a try, if you find it too much there''s always taxis....in fact you pass the rank on the walk up and it''s very tempting to jump in one, but you''re so close to Emir at that point, it''s not worth it.
It''s a lovely complex and they have great views..well worth the hill-walking in my opinion  ;D

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
The slope up from the supermarket to the Emir is quite short. The Emir is in a great position however a walk back from the harbour probably needs a beer stop somewhere on the way back - that''s our excuse anyway!

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Would def have a beer stop on the way up  ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Hiya K4E,not a fell walker, just long legs,it must help a bit with the hills,but my last name IS Walker. ;D >:D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:18:10 PM by fidimax »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
the slight incline is hardly the north face of Kilimanjaro......and a stop at Omars is always a good idea in the heat of the day(Up or down!!).......Neil...do you like crisps as advertised by a large eared ex footballer? ;D

Offline Jik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Emerald Apartment - Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: The Melissa Penthouse situated in the Emir development and prices!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »
I stayed at the Melissa on my very first trip and it is really lovely and in a great position. Enjoy!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Big ears crisps are not bad,but I prefer the hand cooked sort,have you seen the new range of W crisps they include cajun squirrel and some sort of hedgehog flavour,very strange.  ???

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
aaah yes, Fidimax, long legs help. Mine are only long when I wear high shoes, not something women can generally manage in Kalkan ;D

Offline Skuza

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: The Melissa Penthouse situated in the Emir development and prices!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »
Haven''t stayed at the Melissa Penthouse at Emir but have stayed at Mina penthouse apartment at Emir twice with another visit coming up this year.  www.kalkan-mina.co.uk/minakalkan.htm    The apartment (sleeps 6) was fantastic with amazing views over the town. Easy walking to shops and restaurants. Two beautiful pools and very quiet. I''m sure you would enjoy staying at either apartment.

Offline sunflower7

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Thank You everyone for your help.
The apartments sound perfect!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

shoes

Views: 3988
By: lindyloo
Kalkan at night