Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Budget Accomodation Recommendation - 1 bed  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Ceri32

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Budget Accomodation Recommendation - 1 bed
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
Hi Everyone

I''ve been recommended this website by a couple of people so I''m hoping that someone will be able to offer me some valuable advice!!

Basically myself and my boyfriend are looking at visiting Turkey this year for our holidays (like it seems the rest of the UK!!). We have stayed in Olu Deniz about 4 years ago and have been recommended Kalkan by a friend we made while we were there.

For the last couple of years I have always tried to ''DIY'' our holidays as that always seemed like a good way to save some pennies. Do you think that is a sensible option for Kalkan?

We will be flying from Manchester/Liverpool hopefully around the 17th June for 2 weeks (if my wicked witch of a boss will allow me those weeks off) and we are after some accommodation.

There are SO many posts on the forum that I''m a bit overwhelmed....so I thought I''d write my own!!

Like a say, there are just 2 of us. We''re in our 30''s, looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, would like a pool, not afraid of a slight walk into town. We''re not overly fussy, just don''t like anywhere too noisy at night...I''m grumpy if I don''t get enough sleep  ;)

Preferably not over £200 per week.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3039.0

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Budget Accomodation Recommendation - 1 bed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
Hi - welcome to the forum!  You''ll love Kalkan - it''s a fabulous place.  Attached is a link to a property that suits your budget.  We''ve not stayed in this particular apartment, but last September we stayed in the same complex - the Mediterranean Apartments.  Great location - only a couple of minutes to the bars, shops and restaurants, and 5 mins to the beach and harbour at strolling pace.  There are 5 pools in the complex - varying in size.  We didn''t find the complex crowded, it was very peaceful, nice views and pretty and well maintained gardens. 
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK352.htm

Have a look on the enjoykalkan accommodation section - some owners offer a discount if booked through the site.  otherwise both ownersdirect and holidaylettings have an abundance of properties in Kalkan.  If you find one that interests you, post the details here, as someone here is bound to know it and will be able to tell you more about it! 

Rachey

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Hi
this apartment isn''t on the Mediteran complex but sits just by the roundabout at the taxi rank across from the butcher and the little row of shops. The small block is I''m sure called "Olivium" It is a lovely apartment with access to a pool. (unfortunately not 5 though) The apartment overlooks the old town and the small balcony is great for people watching. The pool is to the rear of the apartment and was always very quiet when we stayed there.
An ideal choice for anyone who wants be in the absolute centre of the town but still quiet enough at night to ensure a good nights sleep.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Take a look at this Studio, it''s in the accommodation section of the forum. It will fit your budget.
Kalkan Secret (Moonlight) studio apartment
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »
Hi and welcome,have a look at the Grace apts on kalamar rd,I have stayed at the grace and its not a bad
place,very peaceful and a nice little pool area,and they have a supermarket just below,5 -10 mins into town.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »
I''ve tried on more than one occasion to rent the apartment helpfully pointed out by Rachey but have yet to get a response!

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »
Oops - looks like the Mediterranean ones! Doh  ::)   Here''s a link the to the apart we rented: http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/57870 - a bit over the £200 budget, but you might be able to cut a deal with the owner - she was lovely to deal with!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Just looked at the Mediterranean one and yes they do look very similar. Hope you don''t mind me posting about it but didn''t want anyone to book something which maybe not be what they thought If that makes any sense  ???

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 07:55:54 PM »
Didn''t mind at all  :D  Glad you spotted my mistake!

Offline HEATH

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
Hi Cheri32
Welcome to the forum you will have a fantastic time in Kalkan,i have pm you regarding some accomodation that may be suitable ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Recommendation for hotel pampering

Started by annav on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 08, 2012, 01:21:24 PM
by annav
xx
Questions re. supermarkets and a restaurant recommendation

Started by MrsC1701 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
by clara 50
xx
Bathroom Cabinet - workmanship recommendation?

Started by Timm on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2012, 02:09:31 AM
by Talk Talk
xx
accomodation

Started by lynnie on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post January 05, 2009, 10:12:33 AM
by Lorretta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal